AllOver
Years ago

Norwood's Unbeaten Streak comes to an end.

Norwood's long winning streak in women's CABL has just come to an end. Go Sabres!

Topic #34574 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sabres amazing. To beat such a great team. Well done all. Now time Mahersie to get those men going!!

Reply #476865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine what would have happened had you not recruited an ex wnba player?

Reply #476866 | Report this post

AllOver  
Years ago

The irony of the above post! And Norwood wonder why everybody dislikes them so much.

Reply #476871 | Report this post

NotJackToft  
Years ago

No Foley for the Flames makes a big difference.

The defensive assignment will be different come finals.

Norwood happy to lose the streak to scout Novosel and the Sabres.

Reply #476872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Norwood happy to lose the streak to scout Novosel and the Sabres."

Oh dear.

Reply #476873 | Report this post

NotJackToft  
Years ago

Oh dear?

Obviously they would have preferred the win, however losing this game but having a better understanding of how the Sabres play, certainly isn't a bad thing come finals.

The Flames focus would be on winning the title again, and if that means dropping a regular season game after 30 or so in a row because they were beaten by a better side on the night, but knowing your opposition inside out, again certainly isn't all doom and gloom.

You add Foley into the Flames side, and they win that game more times than they lose.

Reply #476874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Novasel is a gun

Reply #476889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has norwood actually developed a player since les hody????

Reply #476917 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

if they didnt know the scout on novosel before the match they wont know it any better now. She's very versatile.

But agreed that no foley would probably alter the result

Reply #476918 | Report this post

Touche  
Years ago

More to the point has Norwood taken advantage of this Women stars and developed their girls program to ensure the future isn't still paid for?

Reply #476930 | Report this post

:)  
Years ago

Sturt asking whether Norwood have developed a player... Seriously the poaching kings and what is funny they still can't win big games with everyone they poach

Reply #476935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:), what exactly are you on about? Your post makes no sense.

Reply #476991 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I am saddened by this. I was hoping the Lady Flames would go through the season undefeated and set a record. They were on 29 straight. Yes, I know they have a team of good players, but that usually means the doors need to be widened to get their heads through and it usually means egos are constantly bashing into each other. To get the team so focussed is a testament to Simon.

Their recent record
2014: 9/10
2013: 20/20
2012: 17/21
2011: 19/21
Total: 65W from 72 games

2010: 10/19
2009: 10/18

Reply #477059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, I think there are many coaches given that playing group that could also succeed..... Be honest….

Reply #477072 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yeah, having a group like that makes it easy for the coach, but it offers other challenges. I am not denying they should be winning, but I am saying that with Simon in charge there appears to be minimal ego clashes, or if there are, he is doing a good job at keeping that group pointed in the right direction.

Sure, another coach could get similar results with the group. They could sit there and call the subs, but it takes someone special to motivate that group week in week out.

Tigeresses next week might be up for a tough game!

Reply #477083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack I think you would find these issues are more difficult to manage in less successful teams.

The Flames have a deep talent pool, and are winning. These issues tend to mask and mitigate other challenges you mention.

Not saying Pritchard isn't a good coach as he is. Just saying coaching the Flames women is not a good measure.

Reply #477085 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Les Hody , now there's a name...i played with him once.. i think he played for 2 countries at olympics
i notice tbirds season is now finished..wonder if carla.borrego is coming out

Reply #477090 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Winners are grinners!

But, it's like two people doing the same job. If one of them finds out the other gets paid $1/hr more then watch out

Reply #477092 | Report this post

NotJackToft  
Years ago

The streak ended at 31.

2012 Norwood finished the Year with the Prelim win and the GF
2013 20 straight
2014 9 in a row

Reply #477109 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

I think Les Hody played for Hungary in the Olympics at the age of about 16 or 17, then played for Australia in 1956 I reckon.

Reply #477121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754