Big Sexy
Years ago

NBL 2014/15 schedule

The NBL has released the NBL 2014/15 schedule

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/d18nqyfpsiut1cbse9z4ou2f0

Topic #34639 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Disappointed that we only have 2 Saturday nights games.

Good to see a shorter season.

1 and a half games clash with Adelaide United Games.

Reply #478266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 Sunday Games......
2 Saturday Night Games.....
Not a great spectator draw especially for those involved in Junior Basketball who are expected to train on Sundays.

Reply #478267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Expect a significant no of memberships from basketball families to be re released due to Friday night draws. In the words of Julia Roberts....BIG MISTAKE, HUGE……

If no membership then less commitment to come on other game days…..

Juniors are your future members when they are young adults…..

Reply #478274 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wildcats

1 Wed
8 Fri
5 Sun
0 Sat/Thur/Mon/Tues

Reply #478280 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

ICS files for anyone interested
36ers games
36ers home games
Full Fixture

If you use Google Calendar I have made my calendars public you should be able to search for them

Reply #478281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to the Tigers? No games!

Reply #478304 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Townsville moving to the RSL stadium. Smart move given their financial situation.

Reply #478306 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Taipans hosting ADL on NYE. For at least the last 2 years it was Perth and a good rivalry was happening, why change it? No sense of tradition NBL.

Reply #478309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure we usually play the Crocs on NYE.

Reply #478316 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

So with 36ers receiving many Friday night games, please start negotiations with BSA to move their games from these nights. Offer some incentives to the juniors to come to the games. There was a lot of back and forth banter last time a Friday game needed to be moved about the fact that it could be done on short notice.

Also Townsville at the RSL club, what is the capacity of this stadium??

Reply #478321 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Around 2200 I think.

Reply #478322 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

But they're not getting totally screwed to a wall at RSL, and they are getting screwed that way at their current joint. It's an important sustainability measure.

Reply #478334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't wait for all the "36ers vs Juniors" threads. If it's a big enough problem, surely the 36ers raise that with the NBL?

Reply #478336 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Does anyone know if they will expand the capacity of RSL stadium ((temporary grandstand, etc)or will they just leave it at 2,200?

Reply #478359 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

how many fans were the Crocs getting last season??

If its only around the 2,000 mark this is a great move, fits in everyone who was going, would be a fuller house so better atmosphere and if the crocs decrease the expense and increase there profit position than thats even better. Could be a real win win.

This is something other clubs should explore, especially for mid week, non marquee match up games imo, could cut costs, without making any fan miss out, meaning the ticket revenue remains the same, which makes the clubs more profitable and sustainable, im sure most states would have a smaller/cheaper venue that could be used for some games, especially if the doubling of the league and games played occurs.

Reply #478364 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawks are looking at downsizing too.

Reply #478368 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

If each ticket sells for $50 that gives them $1,540,000 in gross gate takings.
That is a massively lean income to run a pro ball team on. Sponsorship is going to need to be huge for them. Tickets prices are more likely to be half that though. Crocs have supposedly being paying over $300,000 for the Swamp so they can rip that off the bottom line but still they have capped out their earning potential in a big way.

Reply #478370 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

A bit off topic but is AND1 still making uniforms this year?????

Reply #478388 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Don't forget the venue costs for an NBL game.
Arena Perth is $70,000plus for example

Reply #478391 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Interesting to note the Breakers are going the opposite way.

They are actually adding more games at Vector. 10 next season at Vector and only 4 at NSEC.

I always thought that management wanted to go back to NSEC more, so seems strange.

One good idea the Breakers have come up with is to offer free public transport with all tickets to VA games - meaning people from the Shore can catch the ferry/bus/train into the game.

Not many Thursday night games. Friday nights suit all the well though, with VA being so close to the CBD, people can go from work to the pub/restaurant then to the game and home again (at a time when traffic isn't going to be killer)

Reply #478454 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Not to keep blowing the Perth are the best horn but every event at Perth Arena comes with free public transport.

Reply #478455 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah, I could have guessed that. There is a reason why Perth are head and shoulders above everyone else in the league in terms of running a club.

Reply #478457 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

seems aleague announced theirs at the same time, 40000 at adelaide oval etc., although we gotta mention on sevennews.
i seem to recall i'd rather play than watch, and friday is nbl tvnite

Reply #478461 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

One thing that the NBL could have done was schedule a NBL game in Brisbane just to get the interest up again.

Another season of supporting Hawks or Townsville... Who do you think I should support out of those two?

Reply #478775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^Didnt they have a preseason there a couple years back and almost no one went? Id rather keep my home games thanks. And anyway...if enough people wanted an NBL team to support in Brisbane, they would have one. Or for that matter, they would still have one. They lost they're team cos no one went, simple as that.

I hate seeing all this focus on Brisbane, it would be nice to have a team there, but there just isnt the interest.

Give it up, concentrate on the areas that want to have an NBL team, not the areas the NBL wants to have a team.

Reply #478780 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Brisbane went broke because ABC childcare went bust and the owner had no money due to this. Not because of lack of attendance.

The Preseason tournament wasn't very well attended well because no one in Brisbane knew it was on. On that note what was the attendance like in Sydney last year?

There is still interest in Brisbane, just look at our TV ratings and also the 4,500 people that went to Australia vs NZ in Brisbane in 2011.

Reply #478788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754