Double Clutch
Years ago

Funny What's Hot/What's Not - exam edition

This is for 30% peoples

Multiple Choice component:

• Which of these terms was audible from Brad "I'm not angry" Bungy mouth in the Southern v Eastern match-up this past weekend:
  • A. Stupid f****t.
  • B. F**king two-timing w***e of a white maggot.
  • C. (To ref) C******king bastard
  • D. (To opponent) I'm Rick James bitch!
  • E. All of the above

What's Hot:
  • First up Ali Trewartha from North Adelaide who was finding it way too easy to score against West Adelaide with 23 points. If the ABL hottest five thread is anything to go by she doesn't find it that difficult to score off the court either. Good work Ali.
  • Damien Scanlon who carried that hack Baylis and the rest of the Panthers on his shoulders with 36 points on 13/20 shooting.
  • Norwood's Carly Stark with 14 points, including a game tying bank 3 from the corner to put the game into OT.
  • Sixers fans getting a taste of college fan enthusiasm? Paul "don't call me gay" Bauer to keep us informed.
  • Jason Dix having a 13 rebound third quarter on his way to 36 points, 19 rebounds and 7 assists.
  • Joel Goodenough with 19 on 7/11 shooting with 7 assists vs. the Tigers.
  • Gary Birmingham going for 19 points on 8/19 shooting with 11 rebounds and 4 assists in a win over Sturt.
  • Nathan Wieland not for not ditching Ricky Simpson, despite a torrent of verbal abuse.
  • Brad Sullivan with 29 points on 11/18 shooting.
  • Paul Bell with 17 points on 7/12 shooting versus North. Personally Bell if you read this I was disappointed, I listened to Talking Hoops all last week and not one shout out to me was heard. When am I going to be a guest on your show? My fans demand it! Maybe in the studio with cheapshot!

What's Not:
    • The pedophile factor. Man I know you guys might have a hard time picking up but Cayla Francis only just turned 16! Look Mckay, just because she can kick your arse in ball doesn't mean you can try to pick her up. It is not socially acceptable for a 16 year old to go out with someone who's 82.
    • Speaking of Hot, where is the hottest junior coaches thread? Some people too scared to lose to DC? I know Paul Arnott hates me because I'm beautiful.
    • Guards who can't shoot free throws or struggle to shoot 40% from the field. ( To be fair to Burdon he's the get the ball when the shot clock is at 1 guard)
    • A message to that punk Matt Coombe: DC says kiss my arse.
    • Rex Jory's article in the paper today. How the hell can he say football is a game of skill and basketball a game of luck? What skills are there in football? Tackle, handball, kick, catch! Amazing! Four skills!
    • Meanwhile Bogut being misquoted is back-page news yet him apologizing to Gaze and co doesn't even make the paper! Seems like the Australian media has seen something good happening for basketball and tried to turn it into a negative. Anything to keep the game down.
    • Emo music. Guys who like emo music are either gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) or the "nice guys" type who are friends with chicks but never get any action. Emo music = pathetic.
    • Carly Stark for sucking in overtime with 2 turnovers in a 68 to 61 loss to the Panthers. She could have at least missed the three to send it to OT instead of giving Norwood fans false hope.
    • Scheduling clash of Nationals and end of district season. Someone needs to make an adjustment.
    • Signing Paul Rees in front of Paul Rogers.
    • Microsoft not allowing me to access Gmail. Some more cash for comments next week then.
    • Jye Watson shooting 8/31, not that he had much choice.

BigDC recommends :
    • Johnny Walker green. It may be hard being green, but it's harder to resist the smooth sexy taste of some Johnny Walker green slip sliding all the way down your throat.

Flop of the week
    • Andrew Puddifoot tried his hardest to do a Baylis impression on the weekend picking up his fifth foul in the 6th minute mark of the second quarter. He finished with 9 points on 3/10 shooting and 6 fouls. I guess you know you suck when Luke Mapunda plays better than you, (kidding Leroy, you did well with 10, 8 and 5).

The angry John Safran look-a-like of the week award
    • Goes to Ryan Turner the Eagles under 20 division 1 coach. Watching him stroll the sidelines I fear he might at any stage stop the game to do a comedy act about the differences between Catholics and Muslims. I can see his time-outs now: "We're down by 14. I fear a witch doctor from Zimbarbwee has placed a curse on the team. The only way we can win now is to sacrifice the four chickens and play the rest of the game covered in Chicken blood." A coaching genius. Congrats goes to Ryan on his Angry John Safran look-a-like of the week award!

Dictator of the week:
    • The dictator of the week award is back. Hitler and Mussolini were in the early running and looking like clear-cut favorites, until everyone's favorite fascist Jenny Clarke made an appearance. In the end it was Hitler's charisma that hurt him in the running for this award which is something Jenny lacks in spades. Even Mussolini was able to communicate his fanatical ideals clearly without offending many, which is something Jenny has struggled with. No doubt this will be a popular decision with many, as Jenny Clarke celebrates her dictator of the week award.

And thanks to The Complete Package for the help this week. Well by help he got on his knees and begged me to put in a mention of his girlfriend's little sister performance on the weekend because he said "he would be sleeping on the couch for weeks" otherwise. Personally I didn't know TCP couldn't afford a bed.

See you at Mt. Barker this week biatches!

Topic #3473 | Report this topic

njh  
Years ago

I hope to hell that the answer to the question is "D".... That would be classic!

Reply #40150 | Report this post

Ahh Pudds didn't flop, it's all about the defense man!

Reply #40152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Dictator of the week:
The dictator of the week award is back. Hitler and Mussolini were in the early running and looking like clear-cut favorites, until everyone's favorite fascist Jenny Clarke made an appearance. In the end it was Hitler's charisma that hurt him in the running for this award which is something Jenny lacks in spades. Even Mussolini was able to communicate his fanatical ideals clearly without offending many, which is something Jenny has struggled with. No doubt this will be a popular decision with many, as Jenny Clarke celebrates her dictator of the week award.'

Love to see a vote on this one 'christians 100 lions nil'

Reply #40158 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

go defence.

"DEFENCE WINS GAMES"

puddies numbers struggeld but after starting slow he came out and made some big defensive plays and hussel points.

Reply #40160 | Report this post

Vincent Vega  
Years ago

Reply #40168 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

WHAT'S NOT:

EZY DVD at Marion being the ONLY place stocking BACK TO THE FUTURE Trilogy on DVD!!!

Reply #40170 | Report this post

What's not:

Undersized PF not being at the game but pretending to be :-*

Reply #40173 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What's Hot: DC studying and sitting for exams and still putting together a decent Hot/Not report. Great dedication DC. Hope your exams went as well as your report.

Reply #40176 | Report this post

changeyourname  
Years ago

DC can we get more "Rick James" comments. maybe some sound files for us to hear some classic Rick James....

Reply #40180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even better that it would appear that DC has put this together not only studying for and sitting for exams but he either went to a lot of games to see all those efforts (and he can't even as good as he is to be in two places at once) OR he had a lot of people help him with snippets of information.

Either way well done we missed our what's hot/what's not

Reply #40182 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

On Jenny Clark, would you rather deal with someone who tells you to your face what she is thinking or behind your back. Well respected by long time club members for the amount of work she puts into the club.

Reply #40207 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

DC,

Perhaps this is your finest piece of basketball write-ups ever!

I just hope for your sake that your exams can follow in the footsteps of this masterpiece of wonder and awe.

This has thrown down a gauntlet!

Reply #40212 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

whats not: eastern lowland gorilla and hes hebrew hair.

Reply #40279 | Report this post

What's certainly not hot: Undersized Pf's back hair

Reply #40300 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

whats not:undersized pf's la lakers signing the next darko milicic.

Reply #40305 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Top notch again DC. I would have to rate this one as one of the best. Keep em' coming!!

Reply #40341 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hack??? What do you have to say after Saturday nights game DC???

Reply #40358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was amazed by the links to those young 'gun' guards and their shooting percentages. Until then i thought all of them were playing well this season especially birmingham, braithwaite and madgen who have stepped up this season.

Reply #40410 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

whats not: atlanta hawks. and Eastern Lowland Gorilla's shaved shins

Plus cheezeburger this kid is 17 the youngest player in draft history. All experts are saying this is a smart pick and in 3-4 years this kid will be good center in the league and will have a massive career

Reply #40604 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754