Phil
Years ago

can gsw make any moves to develop a good bench?

i like the gsw team. i think curry , thompson , iggy , lee and bogut is a very good and pretty balanced core.

the problems of this team is if bogut can stay on court. if possible he should me managed ala duncan/parker were and have his minutes slowly stepped up with an eye to keeping him fit for post-season.

that could only work if gsw had a good back up bigs.

not sure what assets gsw have to trade outside of future picks?

im also not sure what cap space they have?

anyone have ideas of what free agents they should target?

they basically need a very good back up for centre , a good rim protector. a decentish hustle inside pf. a good pg. some scoring punch off the bench. i would at 11th 12th guys who are very good passers out of the post.

Topic #34785 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have Speights and Barnes, who are solid backups. I also believe Nedovic will be good if he gets the oppotunity. Opting into Green's deal in addition to resigning Crawford and O'Neal at a reasonable price would also be good. With that core they just need a starter-level 6th man (someone in the Jamal Crawford, Manu Ginobli role) to have a great bench.

Oh, and sign Rob Loe after he destroys the summer league :)

Reply #480735 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I honestly think their bench isn't too far away, as long as the new coach uses them better than Jackson did. His inability to find combinations that worked was a problem many fans criticised him for last season.

But they've got a great utility in Draymond Green, a wing scorer in Barnes who could be a 20ppg scorer if used correctly, a solid PF in Speights and a nice young backup centre in Festus Ezeli coming back this season.

If they could bring Jermaine O'Neal back then they should be able to nurse both him and Bogut through the regular season.

I think the only thing they really need is a backup PG who can run an offence smoothly and hit the open three. In theory Steve Blake should've done that for them but never quite got in the groove for the Warriors. If he's willing to come back, they could do a lot worse, but they could look at Telfair or maybe Beno Udrih. It'd be awesome to see Patty Mills in a Warriors uniform too, but I think he may cost too much for them now.

Reply #480754 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

kirk heinrich too expensive? would he be a good get as a back up point? or would he be looking for a starters role? i dont see him as a starter to be honest although i havent watched a great deal of him lately?

Reply #480872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754