Anonymous
Years ago

If DJ uses Euro Out Clause and goes....

If DJ goes, where will that leave the team as far as options to replace him? A line up without him of, assuming Wilson is a done deal as widely rumored.

Import (Wilson?)/Teys
Gibson /?????
Creek /Crawford
Peach /BJ
Import /Schenscher

Perhaps with a Seth Scott or Scott Morrison quality Import C, will rely on Peach, and BJ's help at the 4 spot tho.

Or maybe?

Import (Wilson?)/Teys
Gibson /Crawford
Import /Creek
Peach /BJ
(Aussie Big) /Schenscher

Are there any starter quality Aussie bigs out there lookin for a gig, and how much do you think we will pay for Wilson, will the other import need to be a cheaper option if DJ doesnt return?

To loose DJ and Ervin from the line up will be very hard to cover, we will need something special. I dont think it will come from an individual, but the whole team. The pieces Dean and Joey put together have to fit to get any success, but as time goes on, less pieces are avaliable.

I wonder if this is a case of DJs management (of which I have been told are playing hardball)are deamanding marquee money for him? Is he worth that? I say yes, been a fan of his. But is he worth waiting for, and only ending up with scraps after missing out, im not so sure.

A team like this is more likely to bridge the gap between 36ers and Wildcats. With two quality imports, the best salary cap and points will allow and Johnson in, getting his marquee money if thats what he is after. Possible? hmmmm, dunno.

Import (Wilson?)/Teys
Gibson /Crawford
Import /Creek
Peach /BJ
Johnson /Schenscher

Does the club even have marquee money to spend, wasnt that long ago the club was at its knees, and i doubt the club managed much more than a breakeven year last year, if even that.
I will be very interested to see what tricks joey pulls out of his bag as far as imports go, this is his team now, his choices. His game was run and gun, relying on Ervin, Gibbo and DJ pushing the ball, will he be able to pick up players who can fit this style?

Interested to hear what you guys think, many of you are a lot smarter than me when it comes to all this.

Topic #34825 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the second option of the import sf and aussie big if DJ leaves.

Reply #481692 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

wilkinson if available seems like someone we might be able to get and the closest match we could find available. dj would be much better though but wilkinson isnt a bad consolation price as import bigs are very very hard to find.

jordan vanderberg is playing summer league in us apparently? i wonder if he is gettable and how good he would be at nbl level?

daniel kickert is a big although sounds like he is more a stretch 4 (similar to wilkinson probably). would take big bucks to get him over here as well so probably not likely.

Reply #481695 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

If DJ doesn't use his outclause, he will have another year on his contract so he won't be getting a pay rise. If the 36ers give him a 3-year, 200k-280k contract extension this off-season he will stay. This season we should go put Ervin and Cadee's money to a stud point guard and go for a cheap swingman like Daequon Montréal.

Johnson / Schenscer
Petrie / Anthony
Montréal / Creek
Gibson / Crawford
Import / Toys

That's an improved team from last year

Reply #481696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bye DJ, loved your work last season. good luck for the future. go hard...

Reply #481707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ and EU. Amazing. They must be desperate.

Reply #481714 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

You know what I think IS missing on this site, a hundred separate discussions about what might happen if DJ leaves...

Reply #481782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps because he has left already and it is a real concern...….

Reply #481785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does everyone keep putting Teys as a backup point guard? He is a backup small forward or SG...

Reply #481850 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Bring back Diamon Simpson please.

Reply #481879 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:48 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754