penn4
Years ago

Under 20's Basketball tournaments?

Hi All.

Can anyone tell me of any under 20's - 21's carnivals that take place in SA and other states. There does not seem to be many or any talked about.

Wether they are a separate carnival to other Juniors or are apart of other State and local carnivals other than our state championships.

Most basketball carnivals I have heard or know about don't have 20's- 21's.

More so for 2006 Please.

Also do you think it is of benefit to have an Under 20 mens - 21 womens basketball carnival inviting other clubs interstate to take part in SA?

Regards
Pen4

Topic #3520 | Report this topic

umm there aint many, the norwood easter one caters for 20's and maby the saint clair christmas carnival, but i think that may just be mens not too sure, but appart from that i dont know any.

Reply #40768 | Report this post

shame2anonymous  
Years ago

I definately think more players would continue playing from u/18s to U/21's if there were tournaments. By this age group the competition generally decreases so i think it would be good for the better teams in S.A. to be able to travel interstate and compete against other competitive teams in order to maintain interest amoungst the players and assit in their individual improvement

Reply #40769 | Report this post

Pickles  
Years ago

Ballarat in june has one and there is also prize money available. Your best bet would be to enter a senior carnival.

Reply #40770 | Report this post

also the starplex torniment has a good mens division, enter that it is very good comp for under 20's teams.

Reply #40771 | Report this post

penn4  
Years ago

Thanks Shame2 would be nice to have a carnival here and do the same invite those teams to come over
to SA.

Ballarat sounds good Pickles I will look that one up.

I know about the Starplex mens carnival. Good comp.

Will ckeck out the Norwood and St Calir as well.
Thanks.

Regards penn4

Reply #40829 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754