mystro
Years ago

Tall Blacks Vs Team USA

Smash em bro. Tall Blacks by 20.

Lindsay Tait > Derrick Rose and then no Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Howard so Tall Blacks victory should just be a formality.

Topic #35300 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kirk Penney doesn't miss a shot, Tom Abercrombie posterizers every Team USA player at least once, Mika Vukona gets a triple double.

A guy can dream.

Reply #491237 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Steph who? James who? Should be a cakewalk.

Tall Blacks by 30 (turnovers)!

Reply #491240 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

There is one major mismatch in favour of the TBs..

Penney being guarded by Haren . No not Harden! Haren*. No D.

Reply #491242 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

SMASHEM BRO alright!

Anthony , Frank & Fotu gone bring the pain lol

Reply #491244 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I hope the young guys saviour the moment of playing against so many great players and enjoy just enjoy themselves.
Don't give a shit about the score. If they can just play their own individual games and hit a couple of shots and stop an NBA player once defensively and do themselves proud as players, I'll be happy for them.

Reply #491247 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I think every Aussie should be getting around our neighbours! Give them hell tall blacks!!

Reply #491250 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Shot Benno, I'll be sure to cheer on the Boomers in the next round. Straya!!!

Reply #491251 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

I think a 30pt loss will be respectable..

With no interior presence it will be a layup drill for the USA

:-(

Reply #491259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best chance is for Vukona to start a brawl. I would pay to see a cage fight between Vukona and Faried. Would be scary.

I really want to see how Tai Webster goes in this game. If he has a good one, it could be a game to give him confidence to get to the NBA.

Reply #491297 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Both Websters will be eyeing this one off.

Reply #491301 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Anyone got a link to watch it live?

Reply #491308 | Report this post

Sean  
Years ago

Lindsay Tait should start the next 2 games, he can handle the ball and pass a lot better then Tai Webster.

Kenney & Bartlett - SMH

Reply #491346 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Tai's block on Kyrie, boom.

Reply #491363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rob Loe surely the most unathletic player at the World Cup

Reply #491387 | Report this post

Years ago

maybe replayyed on abc 2 or on one of the abc websites

Reply #491391 | Report this post

Rage quit  
Years ago

For some reason the ABC is only putting up the Australian games for reply.

Reply #491393 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Tall Blacks' scenarios are mind-boggling. That group could end up with the USA 5-0 and all other teams 2-3!

But if they win their last two there is a reasonable chance they go through to the Round of 16, especially if they could get a little bit of a margin.

When you nut it down, if NZ beat Ukraine and Finland, those kind Turks beat Finland and the DR beat Turkey the TBs will go through.

Reply #491432 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

paul, I think what's even amazing is that the TB’s should have won their first two games, and it was plausible and very possible for the TBs to have gone 4-1 and finish 2nd in the pool. I look back and think imagine we had Big Steve. The more I think about this pool, the more I think "Wow the TBs had a great opportunity here".

Reply #491437 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

I thought tai blocked d.rose?
and corey blocked kyrie?

anthony had a nice game

Reply #491449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The World Cup, among other things, provides players a chance to experience new cultures. One of the coolest traditions among World Cup teams - the haka.

Judging by the looks on their faces, Derrick Rose, James Harden and Kenneth Faried didn't know what to make of the dance.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/02/team-usa-responds-to-new-zealands-haka-with-blank-stares-video/

Reply #491526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754