Anonymous
Years ago

FIBA WC games tonight

Some great games tonight to finish the pool stages.

Pool A
Pretty much set on final placings.

Pool B
Argentina Vs Greece - the winner of this game will top the pool. Also gives that team the best chance to avoid having to play France and then Spain to advance to the grand final.

Croatia Vs Puerto Rico - if Croatia lose this game and Senegal beat the Philippines, then Croatia will be knocked out. Puerto Rico might be able to pull of a surprise upset like Senegal.

Pool C
Lot's can happen in this group and point differential doesn't matter in tonights games as all tie breaking games have been played.

New Zealand Vs Finland - the winner of this game goes through, the loser finishes last in the group

Dominican Republic Vs Turkey - The winner of this game finishes second. Turkey must win to go through, a loss and they are out. If Dominican Republic lose they then need NZ to win to go through.

Scenarios are
NZ win, Turkey win - 1. USA, 2.Turkey, 3.Dom 4. NZ
NZ win, Dom win - 1. USA, 2. Dom, 3. NZ, 4. Ukraine
NZ lose, Turkey win - 1. USA, 2. Turkey, 3. Ukraine, 4. Finland
NZ lose, Dom win - 1.USA, 2. Dom, 3. Finland, 4. Ukraine

Pool D
Australia Vs Angola - as covered in other threads, will Australia tank?

Lithuania Vs Slovenia - depending on what Australia do in the first game will depend on who tries here.

I really hope that Australia beat Angola tonight and finish second in the group. Also, hope that NZ win and Dominican Republic win and in that case Australia will play NZ in the first final with the winner to play the USA. Doesn't give Australia a good chance at a medal, but they would be good games to watch.

Topic #35325 | Report this topic

Naph  
Years ago

As much as I love a Trans-Tasman clash, we get to see plenty of that matchup. I'd far rather both teams were tested against different opponents.

Reply #491836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Naph

My sentiments exactly.

Aus V NZ in an early knockout stage would be supremely underwhelming.

Reply #492056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754