cheezeburger
Years ago

Lebron to Chicago or LA

when lebron james rookie contract expires in 2007 i think , i can see him going to either chicago or the lakers.if he was to go to lakers,well they would offload kobe.to chicago-um maybe because of the next jordan thing.but i expect his contract to be the absoulute max 120million 6 year bumper deal.thats all if lebron doesnt win a ship with the cavs.

ps.you heard it here first.so ill see ya in 2007 to back up my statment.

Topic #3543 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

Cant see it happening .... But i gusse dosent matter who you are in the nba anymore anyone can get traded

Reply #41063 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, I'm thinking that LeBron will actually end up very close to New York. Try Brooklyn.

Ratner will be moving the Nets out of New Jersey and place them in Brooklyn. He recently purchased the old railway yard and has a proposal for a new stadium and 6,000 apartments in the area.

Reply #41079 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Oh, another thing, the majority of Lebron's endorsement contracts don't have a location bonus. Some do, but the difference in money between a max 6 year contract and a max 5 year contract doesn't make the move financially rewarding.

Kobe's does, hence the reason all those years ago when the Hornets selected him and then traded him for Vlade Divac. Kobe pulled the 'I won't report' aka Steve Francis move.

I'm picking that he'll either be a Brooklyn Net or a Cav.

Reply #41082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the Cavs have signed or at least agreed to terms with Larry Hughes. Now theres a fun team to watch !

Reply #41092 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, but that move doesn't help them, they are still lacking a shooter. Hughes shot 27% from the carpark last season. Hughes is a slasher, not a shooter. What he does bring is some very very good defence, oh the 22ppg also helps.

They missed out on Redd and Allen (what they really need to advance to the playoffs) so the Cavs had to sign someone to keep their face and reputation intact.

The Cavs still need someone to shoot the three ball, and at the moment their best option is Luke Jackson.... not a good option.

They are also lacking a starting PG. Eric Snow is not the answer. They have no backup PF after Gooden. They are very thin in the front court.

I expect the Cavs to be in the lottery next year. Teams have improved around them via F/A or draft picks whilst the Cavs have remained pretty static. I don't see Hughes as a huge pickup for them as he plays the similar game as Lebron.

Reply #41094 | Report this post

Jumper78  
Years ago

Got chance LeBron will end up in Brooklyn if the Nets move.
He is good friends with Jay-Z who as well as mentoring Lebron on the business side of things, also is gonna be a part owner of the Nets.
In the New issue of XXL magazine Lebron & Jay-Z are on the cover together, and both speak on the issue of Lebron playing for Jay's team. The League needs him in a bigger market. Imagine a LAL Vs Brooklyn Nets finals series. A little more interest would be shown in that match up than a Spurs/Pistons series. Dont you think!

Reply #41155 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

TR,

You make a good point about even though Cleveland have pretty much signed Hughes, it isn't going to make a huge difference to the team they had last year. Now instead of Lebron taking all the shots, they will have Hughes and Lebron fighting for shots.

If they were smart they would have saved the money from Hughes and picked up a decent PG and PF.

Good call on the lottery for the Cavs next season.

Reply #41192 | Report this post

Hussein  
Years ago

LeBron is'nt going anywhere!! Larry hughes will be a slasher and then they have Donyell Marshell shooting the three. The cavs are going to be a threat next year and i am telling you that LeBron is going to be averaging a triple-double. He's going to average something like 30.9ppg 11.2reb per game and 10.7 assists. Im telling you hes going to make history as the best player ever.

Reply #42899 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

HAHAHA that last post made me laugh, the LeBrons a threat..... um short and simple NO.....

The firsts step is to actually have made the playoff's in the east. Win a series, damn win something..... Cavs a threat....hahahha. Not this upcoming season they ain't. Still no PG, no backup PF, sorry Marshall is going to beat anyone for a rebound.

Reply #42905 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

i wouldnt laugh at the cavs just yet, as far as cavs being a serious threat i dunno about that yet. but they do have one of the top players in the game in there sqaud and i think Lebrons potential is scary. Lebron will explode next season and the cavs will make some noise. but they still need to build further

Reply #43092 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ok cavs have 5 star players bron,hughes,big z,gooden/marshall.plus maybe jaric???
but can this team play team ball?.is their enough shots to go around?

Reply #43104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754