JR23
Years ago

Earnest Ross not in game shape?

He's only been signed in the last 10 days so forget the stats columns from the weekend, is he overweight right now or been signed sight unseen?

If you look at pics of him at Missouri he doesn't look like the same guy we saw over the weekend.

He looked long and lean where as on the weekend beefy and hardly explosive.

Topic #35490 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

He hadn't played basketball (or lifted a weight) for the last 3 months before being signed.

He is out of shape and still learning the system.

They signed him on credentials, but his current shape isn't the best.

Reply #495070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He spent one offense standing in the corner hands on hips.

Reply #495073 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Hopefully he can improve his game to give that extra boost off the bench.

Reply #495078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any answer or when? Regarding if he will even play?

Saw him at members day he looked good!!! Early days, still got 3 weeks to go. Just hope that he gets the chance to play.

Reply #495086 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Worth the effort; I'd imagine the strength and conditioning guy will be stuck to the guy like a skin tag.

Reply #495093 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

If you watched Ross off the ball he was given the "simple" position on O.

Hang in the corner, rotate and fill open space. He started doing a little bit more in the second half of the second game.

He looks good pushing the fast break though. Him Beal and Daniels on the open court is going to be fun to watch.

Reply #495096 | Report this post

rockets fan  
Years ago

I thought he actually looked solid for a guy in his 2nd game with the club and probably 2 or three training sessions under his belt.his jump hot looks nice and the hots will fall. His biggest issue is his fitness and the inability to stay infront of his man on the on ball defence.

Reply #495106 | Report this post

A. Bitoni Fan  
Years ago

Does the fact he hadn't played for 3 months prior to being signed indicate he wasn't necessarily going to pursue a pro bball career after finishing up college? I guess makes sense that the Cats were able to fit him under the cap as well money-wise, as it seems there wouldn't have been any other offers

Reply #495485 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

A.Bitoni?

Please tell me you're referring to Audrey Bitoni. She is top shelf ;)

Reply #495486 | Report this post

A. Bitoni Fan  
Years ago

@MACDUB, yes, absolutely mate! Would be great to meet her!

Reply #495491 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754