Im a little teapot
Years ago

SASI needs to....

My opinion is that SASI is concentrating on developing players and not coaches.

It seems to be that successful junior clubs all have the best coaches.

Junior players swap clubs usually because of their clubs poor coaches.

The clubs that are predominantly always struggling have the shit coaches.

Its amazing the difference between clubs and how their trainings are structured.

SASI should be developing coaches just as much as players.

Topic #3568 | Report this topic

opinion  
Years ago

maybe it gets down to how much hard work the person will do.

perhaps the stronger clubs are better because they treat everyone better

SASI is getting too much of an ego trip for the players - too many chest beaters

bad clubs make bad decisions - look at a certain junior girls div 1 coach - 2 seasons ago this person walked out mid season coaching a div 1 team, left the club - went elsewhere - hey presto back at the door 2 seasons later - same promisies - club appoints them to another div 1 team, fully well knowing the history - what happens - not winning, tantrum, out the door again - strands team half way thru season

same club would not let keen people coach - blocked individuals who have won premierships at other clubs since

would have never happened at a stronger club - as far as I am concerned the weaker clubs can choke - they treat their volunteers poorly and form off court alliances that have nothing to do with basketball

Reply #41540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like someone's holding a grudge. At 4 in the morning!!! Go to bed!!

Reply #41542 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

teapot - i agree.

I think it would be a great intiative for SASI to 'mentor' up-and-coming coaches. Not so much to help struggling clubs, but to breed the next generation of super-coaches.

This will at least encourage all clubs to help coaches, and in turn perhaps get a foot in the door at SASI.

Reply #41600 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

I agree with Peter.

Reply #41671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754