koberulz
Years ago

Level 4 Open at Perth Arena

The Wildcats have opened an extra tier of seating, for the second time in three home games: https://twitter.com/PerthWildcats/status/525176436286443522

I'd say that pretty much kills any argument that tickets are overpriced.

Topic #35729 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Tickets in Perth are highly priced, but definitely not overpriced.

Reply #499366 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Do they only open up the fourth level when they sell a certain amount of tickets?

Reply #499369 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Someone on another forum mentioned Jervis was out with a broken thumb....anyone else heard this ?

Reply #499370 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

@NBL Fan: Yes, level four is only opened up once the rest of the stadium gets close to a sellout.

Reply #499372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overpriced imo, but the sheep can buy the tickets up, not my money. suckers

Reply #499374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wildcats vs hawks was the ugliest basketball I've ever seen... yuck!

Reply #499375 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Overpriced imo"
Two sellouts in three games says otherwise.

Reply #499380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supply and demand is a rather basic process.

Townsville have terrible crowds, as their tickets are overpriced. Nobody wants to go, so you cannot charge like they are.

Perth have the best crowds in the league with regular sellouts. Everyone wants to go, so charge as much as you want!

Reply #499387 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jervis broke a thumb in training today but I think he'll still play.

Reply #499413 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Everyone wants to go, so charge as much as you want!
Well, charge as much as people are willing to pay.

Reply #499440 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Tickets are overpriced, but we all still pay it anyway. Ticket prices around the league should be set by the NBL .. not the teams. THe only prices Teams should be able to set are Membership prices and merchandise prices.

Reply #499452 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ nek minit $140 singlets.

Reply #499458 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

On my membership (bronze) my tickets work out to $25 a game. Good seats and view, you can't say that's overpriced. Nickel are only $20 adults, even less on the membership. Those can afford to pay the more expensive tickets don't have a problem filling out the gold, silver, platinum etc. I have no problems forking out those prices and will most likely upgrade my seating to silver or gold next year.

Reply #499484 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The pricing in Perth is pretty on par with other sporting codes and venues.

Reply #499485 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No way should prices be set by the league, there are just too many different markets to do that. However, prices should be approved by the league to make sure situations like Townsville are avoided.

Reply #499486 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

And with the renewal bonuses, the majority of the Arena (Bronze/Silver) costs under $30 a game across the season with a membership.

Reply #499491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I think it is crazy expensive, and I feel bad for the average person as a result, and yet thousands still keep turning up so I guess good for the wildcats. I don't understand why it is acceptable, let alone popular, but it's good that it is. Pity it's not the case in other NBL cities.

Reply #499492 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Tickets are overpriced, but we all still pay it anyway."
Which means they're not overpriced.

"Too expensive for me to sit as close as I want" and "overpriced" aren't the same thing, people.

Reply #499493 | Report this post

Roger Kakulas  
Years ago

We sit courtside in Perth and whilst i see our seats as being expensive we are happy enough to pay as we are lucky enough to have a professionally run team in a great stadium in the city.

Reply #499496 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Well said, koberulz.

Reply #499498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what if sheep lap up the tickets? They are still overpriced, especially if you've been to the US and done the NBA circuit. To each their own but they are certainly overpriced, and this is coming from a diehard Wildcats supporter who was a season ticket holder for many seasons. Their style of play is not entertaining and I prefer to watch other games, as long as it is a good style of offense. Of course I catch all the games on NBL.TV but it isn't worth the time, effort and money to watch a stagnant offense which will be found out this season as most clubs have lifted their recruitment game.

Reply #499506 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I can't believe you just said "it's not worth the time, effort and money" and say you pay for NBL.TV in the same sentence.

Reply #499529 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"So what if sheep lap up the tickets? They are still overpriced,"

FFS. No. They're not. They're more expensive than YOU PERSONALLY are willing to pay. That's it.

And even then, there's plenty of tickets available for $20. It's not as though there aren't any cheaper options. There are cheaper options, you just have to be willing to sit further back.

It's not as though sitting front row at a Lakers game is cheap either, but that's irrelevant. They're selling enough tickets to have to open up extra seating, therefore the tickets cannot possibly be overpriced as people are willing to buy them.

Reply #499530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he meant the effort going to the game and the expense of it opposed to watching on TV.

Reply #499718 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

The NBA circuit reference one isn't totally accurate. If you've "done the NBA circuit" you'll notice that tickets vary wildly according to the demand of each city.

The average ticket price of a Knicks game at MSG or a Lakers game at Staples for instance, is substantially higher than that of a Wizards, Pelicans or Hawks game. $30USD can get you floor seats on Stubhub for most of those teams, whereas the same amount won't get you in the door at the bigger, more established franchises like the Bulls, Knicks and Lakers, where demand is consistent regardless of on court performance.

Is there an issue with this same logic applying to the NBL? You wouldn't expect tickets to a 36ers or Crocs game to be equal to that of a Wildcats game because similar demand doesn't exist.

Reply #499801 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's open again for tomorrow night: https://twitter.com/PerthWildcats/status/532778283973099520

Reply #502542 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Nice - Against Townsville too, a typically lower drawing club

Reply #502545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good points Slopernator, Wildcats are established and can charge what they charge. NY is certainly pricey.

But if you take it purely from a style of game point of view they play one of the most horrible brands of basketball in the NBL. Yet charge the highest prices. I guess the average Aussie has no idea what good basketball is or don't care unless their team wins most of the time.

Reply #502551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcat Fan - let's face it the awareness of NBL basketball is low in the year 2014. People generally are only familiar with their local team and in Perth would say "I'm going to the Wildcats game" and would have no idea about the other seven clubs in the league. There is barely such a thing as pulling power of opposing teams in the NBL.

Whereas in the NBA due to it being so mainstream when a big team comes to town, let's say LeBron's team, the prices go up across the board. This does not occur in the NBL.

Reply #502553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basically what I meant is the assertion there are higher pulling teams on the road in the NBL is incorrect.

Reply #502554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you cats supporters think about this:

You buy your membership every year on before the season starts as you are loyal diehard etc.

Now the Cats have been mailing out membership offers with 20% off with only four games into the season.

So the people who aren't loyal are getting 20% off quite early relatively in the NBL season

Reply #502557 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

They are getting 20% off because over 25% of the season has passed. I don't see your point lol
Why would you charge full price when there are only 10 games left ?

Reply #502559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With more than 20% of the games having been played, it's still better to buy upfront.

#553 re: NBA ticket prices. Are you talking about the prices on Stubhub?

Reply #502561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754