anony
Years ago

McRae Travel and Ball Carry

Any one noticed McRaes travels and ball carry dribble with an insane amount of steps in between the bounce. That is why he can cover so much ground along with his length. I believe it is travel and carry.

Topic #35906 | Report this topic

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Anony...

Please...take the loss with some class.

Don't be THAT kind of person.

Reply #502930 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I didn't notice McRae travel or carrying (not to say it doesn't happen). However, I do see Barlow carrying the ball when he dribbles it.

Reply #502934 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

Did I say anything about the loss. NO. Just a question of definition. Perhaps I want to try doing the same thing to improve my game !!!

Reply #502935 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

Will have a look at the game again King James and watch Barlow... Interesting.. Thanks for your opinion. Always good to find out what others see and think,

Reply #502938 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

So you want to improve your 'game' by 'travelling and carrying' (your words not mine)?

Just accept the loss with grace, I know its hard but most people are mature.

Reply #502939 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

Again. Said nothing about the loss, just discussing players technique and what others think. King James thinks no travel so taken on board. I was being sarcastic about improving my game..... Sorry you just didn't get it.. Too busy assuming my motivation behind an observation and question.. I just voted McRae for player of the week BTW...

Reply #502942 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

I sit second row from the court and definitely noticed that he has a habit of sliding his hand under the ball. Didn't get any advantage from it so shouldn't be called in my opinion but I'm not a ref.

Marcus Camby is a troll from the Marty Clarke era on here, just ignore him.

Reply #502944 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I did notice it, wasn't just him, think it was Dennis and yeah Barlow on the dribble a few times. Im all for it as long as the refs are consistent. Marcus Camby, your jumping to presumptions, no one mentioned anything about the game or result. Its time you took the loss with some dignity yourself champ.

Reply #502945 | Report this post

crusty  
Years ago

I think the music lost the game for us!

Reply #502949 | Report this post

Whatever  
Years ago

Maybe the smoke coming out over the change rooms and the unwashed new kit Could be the lack of presenting to the Crowd when their names were called out to pump up the team or not enough warm up time and too much planning instead of responding. Done now and time to move forward. In Joey we trust.
Sixer Supporter for life.

Reply #502950 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Thats all good, but again, no one in this thread mentioned the game as such. Interesting to see of different refs interpretations of this stuff could be an issue. Surely its a non issue, but yeah I def noticed, more so than in other imports over the years.

Reply #502951 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Yes...its just coincidence anony is asking right after the United have their way with the Sixers in Adelaide.

I'm surprised no one blamed a Redhage flop for this loss, it is another 30+ point loss after all.

Reply #502952 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yawn... next thread.

Reply #502954 | Report this post

Whatever  
Years ago

Feeling sleepy now too. Night fellas.

Reply #502955 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes...its just coincidence anony is asking right after the United have their way with the Sixers in Adelaide.
Would they have necessarily seen McRae play before that game?

Reply #502978 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Point of order: it is impossible to travel whilst the dribble is alive...

Reply #502979 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Anony's made a valid point. I haven't watched enough to notice McCrae but I agree Barlow does it a lot and Rhys Carter does too. I'm sure plenty of others do it. I don't think Barlow and Carter get a huge advantage from it, it's just poor fundamentals.

Reply #502980 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Isacc, yes I have seen him play on NBL TV and on FTA and thought he and some of the other imports and local players, especially those from Euro including Motum have travels and carry as part of their game. It's a US/Euro thing and I watch College, NBA and Euro ball so completely understand the different style of game, rules and reffing. I was interested as having the chance to see it a floor level and live I saw incredibly quick short steps, almost a shuffle and the carry and wondered how he did it as I have not seen it quite like that before. Just interested that is all. With more imports the game is changing and the reffing is difficult to understand as it is so inconsistent so trying to get a grip on what is acceptable, normal or bad calls. Just growing in my knowledge and asking for opinions. Don't need to even discuss the game as it is what it is and moving forward. Simply a technical question.

Cheers

Reply #502985 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I have been watching a couple of minutes of McRae in the game against Perth and yes he does massive carrys every time he dribbles it. Haven't seen a travel yet but that wouldn't surprise me also.

Reply #503847 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754