Isaac
Years ago

Jahii Carson takes to Twitter

Some guys just don't get it.

Lol my old team in Australia tried to say I was a disappointment. I lead the team in scoring with 25 minutes a game.
Come on now they need to cut it out. I didn't say nothing the whole season about them and they tried to down play me
No freedom to play my game. No freedom to eat and still lease the team in scoring and I was the second highest paid on the team as a rookie
DJ_Rod answers:
You led Ervin by .5ppg. He played 4 games hurt & didn't bitch #truepro

NBL teams have seen countless players who led their team in scoring and weren't wanted back.

Topic #36651 | Report this topic

Darryl  
Years ago

Also carried the team to 8th spot well done.

Reply #519731 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

No freedom to eat? Geez, times really are tough in the Gong!

Did the Hawks actually call him a disappointment in public?

Reply #519732 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't imagine they did. Might be sulking that he didn't get MVP?

I think they would've been better off cutting him early in the season. Would not have liked to have seen him get MVP at all.

Ervin was patchy, but more professional, was more committed, etc.

Reply #519741 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Might be a reaction to:

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2926566/nbl-fine-with-prospect-of-hawks-folding/?cs=2443

Reply #519747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea if this is true, but im assuming his comments are a response to this local newspaper article:

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2920551/hawk-jahii-carson-departing-for-serbia/?cs=12

Reply #519748 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Either way, he's tweeted himself out of any future gigs in Australia (not that anyone would have been interested anyway)

Reply #519749 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hes going to be in for a rude awakening where he is going.Perform or on the plane home. The crowds there make us look like pussy cats...

Reply #519753 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I see so many females showing so much skin on networks. Then they wan and get mad when a dude slides in the DM's talking that talk
I don't want a female who posts nothing but thirsts traps on social media
These females posting IG pictures half nude and nothing but body and they expected to be treated like a lady?
Classy bloke.

Reply #519755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical streetball american who is too dumb to run a proper offense. Also judging by his comments another uneducated American who probably dropped out of school when he was 15 or had a police record.

Reply #519758 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Yeah. lets bring some racism into the thread!!

Reply #519760 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

Typical racist uneducated anon asshole here

Reply #519762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He probably isn't talented enough to be a headache for future pro gigs.

Hopefully he will learn from Ervin on what it takes to be a pro when you're 6ft or under.

The tweets from @andthefoul if true are probably a bigger worry. Just complete bottom feeder of society type stuff.

It is important to write things down and express yourself, although athletes, alcohol and twitter can be a bad mix.

Reply #519764 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

If he supposedly dropped out of school at 15 how did he play college ball? Think before you post anon.

Reply #519765 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you can talk about basketball IQ in the context of a discussion about players, but raising police records and that sort of rubbish is really uncalled for.

Reply #519771 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Guy went to Arizona State, was declared academically ineligible, before only playing 2 years and leaving early for there NBA draft.

Reply #519787 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Not that hard to see both sides here.

Averaged 32.2ppg 6.6apg in High School, named a second team All American.

Academically ineligible as a freshman.

Averaged ~18ppg 5apg and made all conference first team in each of his 2 seasons in the Pac-12.

So he's obviously used to dominating the ball and having the team (at least offensively) revolve around his talents.

Major difference is that in both HS and college you aren't playing with and against pro competition and players who are 6+ years older than you. When asked to play more of a team game in his rookie season as a pro, he wasn't putting up the same sort of numbers.

At one stage he was projected as a first round NBA pick. The season he had isn't likely to have convinced teams that he deserves an NBA contract. Not good for him or the Hawks.

There is always a huge expectation put on import pro's and they are an easy scapegoat when the season doesn't go well. (You can't burn your locals, because there's only so many of those available, but there's a never ending supply of imports)

Plenty of disappointment to go around when you're at the end of a 6-22 season and the club might fold.

Reply #519792 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Went to a major D1 program.

And to think these guys get 'media' training at college.

I defended him for a long time and i thought Ervin was problem. I take that back.

Enjoy Seriba, the non-payment of your contract, the disrespectful and brutually honest fans, the team management with often unrealistic and ridicolous expectations. Oh and expect to always have to take the blame for a loss.

But hey, one advantage. He may be comfortable with the language in Serbia because judging on the above he sure as hell doesn't speak English. Maybe that's why he didn't fit in. Hmm..

Reply #519805 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I remember when I first saw some of his highlights. I thought 'woah, this guy is going to be good!'. He had that street ball edge which I thought would account for highlights at very least.

But on court, he didn't amount to a whole lot. Maybe Wollongong were idiotic to choose 2 imports whose size and skills were so similar? maybe there was no foresight in how the team was going to operate on court and Jahii didn't match? Either way, when he played, he wasn't all that. Probably was in the bottom 2 or 3 imports the league had this season.

I don't know that he deserves the blame, but take it like a professional. You didn't exactly set the world on fire, and you are going to be criticized in every league you play in.

Reply #519809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh I was waiting for the racism card to be thrown in. Get over it the bloke never mentioned a racist comment in his post. If he would have said carson looks weird with his shooting action or something like that these do gooders would claim racism.

Reply #519824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which imports have been worse than Carson this season?

Reply #519829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings pg

Reply #519848 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Oh I was waiting for the racism card to be thrown in. Get over it the bloke never mentioned a racist comment in his post.
Right, he just called him a "street baller" derogitarily and ascribed a bunch of traits to him that are stereotypically ascribed to African-Americans.

It's not blatant racism, but it's a pretty clear dog-whistle.

Reply #519867 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Actually watch his high school highlights. It's streetball style. That's not racist to say. It is true!

Reply #519872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz has a fixation on racism & sexism that often clouds his objectivity.

Reply #519878 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I actually think Koberulz showing racist tendencies here, and this form is not uncommon in our society.

People attribute meaning to words in their own minds and then assume the other person also gave them that meaning, even though it's only the own stereotypes doing so.

Reply #519897 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

But I agree the post certainly was a bit more personal than needed in a discussion about his performance on the hardwood.

Reply #519898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Typical streetball american who is too dumb to run a proper offense. Also judging by his comments another uneducated American who probably dropped out of school when he was 15 or had a police record."

Plenty of white guys fit this bill too, but this actually describes Carson well, and if he wasn't talented at a sport he probably wouldn't have got the chance to go to college considering his acedemic results, and he did look too dumb to run an offense, and tried to play a streetball style. Criminal record is using a broad brush, but you never know.

Reply #519900 | Report this post

gongski  
Years ago

I was at every hawks game and jahii certainly failed to live upto the preseason hype. . His highlight reel with his dunks and aerial jump was rarely seen on game day. Maybe twice i think and once whem we were down by about 18 points. . He was way too selfish with the ball in his hands, always drove the basket with two or three defenders in his way and never had the size to get the layup. . Also who will ever forget the 5 sec violation under the basket with 3 seconds left on the clock. . We get foul, they score send game into OT the rest is history as they say. . Honestly looked lost sometimes witn his options. .

Reply #519919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was actually GErv

Reply #519926 | Report this post

LeCan  
Years ago

They couldnt cut him. He had a no cut clause in his contract. Smart agent.

Reply #520274 | Report this post

NBANEVER  
Years ago

"Redshirt freshman guard Jahii Carson was the No. 33 best player in the country according to Rivals.com last year, but he won't get a chance to show it anytime soon.

The Mesa native was expected to make an immediate impact at ASU, but those plans came to a screeching halt when the NCAA ruled him academically ineligible."

http://www.statepress.com/2012/02/22/qa-jahii-carson-on-eligibility-king/

Reply #520281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no racism here, my god you PC people are messed up

Reply #520335 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754