Anonymous
Years ago

Reserves finals format

Does anybody know how the reserves finals are played out?? Are there any teams with a week off??

Topic #3687 | Report this topic

from what i know it is a final 6, which i have no idea how is works.

Reply #42925 | Report this post

OLD BULL  
Years ago

Final 6

First week
3 v 6 (FIRST ELIMINATION FINAL)
4 v 5 (SECOND ELIMINATION FINAL)

Second week
SECOND SEMI FINAL
1 v 2 - winner goes straight to grand final.

THIRD ELIMINATION FINAL
Winners of first week's games (ie F.E.F. AND S.E.F.) play each other

Third week
PRELIMINARY FINAL
Loser of 1 v 2 (SECOND SEMI FINAL)plays winner of THIRD ELIMINATION FINAL.

Final week
GRAND FINAL
Winner of 1 v 2 (S.S.F.) plays the winner of the PRELIMINARY FINAL.

Only the top 2 sides have the double chance and all finals but for the Second Semi Final are instant death. If you are 3 - 6 on the Premiership table at the end of the minor round - you need 4 wins in a row to claim the championship. All the best.

Reply #42960 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

i reckon the AFL or VFL ran with that final 6 format before 8 a team finals system

Reply #42968 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

that is correct....even the NBL used that format not so long ago....seems like a fair format....although the difference between coming 2nd and 3rd is huge....2nd gets 2 games and only has to win 1 to make the GF...where 3rd has to win 3 out of 3 to make the GF.....unfair difference??

Reply #42972 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754