Chi
Years ago

Cavs v Hawks Game 3

Can't wait to watch this one when I get home from work tonight! Delly is the Cavs leading scorer to halftime with 14 after slow scoring start from James. Maybe not the best sign for the Cavs but happy that Delly is getting it done.
Irving is out again for this game.

Topic #37140 | Report this topic

Jono  
Years ago

hmm interesting end to the 1st half. Social media may blow up!

Delly is playing hard and playing fair! BS comments from the game callers insinuating sht...

Reply #529658 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

The entire first segment of the half time report was spent discussing the Delly-Horford incident.
Matty is certainly getting his name out there these playoffs!

Reply #529659 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Delly is getting it done, but all the talk is about him allegedly being labelled a 'dirty player', because he has been shown on replay after replay to roll into guys knees.

They are saying he isn't a dirty player and it is just bad luck, in the act of just being a tough Aussie, one they would all love to have on their team.

But he got a tech in this one and his opponent during the scuffle dropped on him and whacked him near the head, so he got a flagrant 2 and has been ejected.

Man, the Hawks fans must hate on Delly, I am sure he will get boos a plenty when they play over there, but I don't see that Delly is doing anything more than just hanging tough!

Reply #529660 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

The Chicago fans hated him last series too. Their booing spurred him on to have probably the best game of his career.
Nothing even remotely dirty about the Korver incident or this one just now. Anyone who's watched him knows that his only focus is getting that ball. The commentators were right about one thing - he shouldn't have even got a tech for that. He did nothing wrong whatsoever.

I'm loving it.

(Flagrant 2 was a harsh call though IMO)

Reply #529661 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Gotta stop rolling into players legs. Even AFL has a rule against that

Reply #529662 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Crashing into someone's legs is dangerous, yes. That applies to the Korver one a lot more than today's one though.

Reply #529665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2475217-al-horford-ejected-from-game-3-for-flagrant-2-foul-on-matthew-dellavedova

Reply #529668 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Hard to stop the momentum of your body sliding like that, I think Delly is going for the ball and playing it tough. No idea what his tech was for today, seemed like it should have gone no tech and a Flagrant 1, but they may have heard something and they have their own way of interpreting their rules...

Reply #529669 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Horford should've been given a F1. No tech for Delly.

On the three plays the commentators keep talking about, all I see is:

Gibson leg lock was dirty.
Korver went 50% at the ball whereas Delly committed his whole body.
Horford pulled Delly down with him? Or am I blind?

Reply #529671 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Is a flagrant 2 an auto suspension for the next game? If so, series done.

Reply #529672 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Yea Flagrant 2 was harsh. Delly tech must have been for something he said?

Clearly yes, lets penalise the person going for the ball just like the AFL...

Reply #529673 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Gibson leg lock, cheeky, but certainly in no way dangerous!
Korver half hearted effort as stated above.

... today, Delly did absolutly nothing wrong.

Reply #529674 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

No way that was a flagrant 2 on horford and it ruined the match now. I can see how people wouldn't like delly if he's not on ur team, he is irritating.

Reply #529675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly = scum

Reply #529677 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anon^, seriously Delly = Beast!

:)

Reply #529679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously scum

Reply #529680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utter trash

Reply #529681 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Delly just flat out plays hard. He is not a dirty player - he just goes in all in all the time. Shame more players with greater athletic ability do not do the same.

Reply #529682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MilFlop !

Reply #529687 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Why are anonymous fools allowed to post on here?

Reply #529690 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

18 seconds, 104-104 and Shrumphry on the line...

Reply #529691 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Shumpreckt

Reply #529692 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Shumpert......Damn the guy missed it!!

T/O

Reply #529694 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

O/T

Reply #529695 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

O/T

Why would he not have driven at them?

Reply #529696 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

LeBron played an important role in that one

Reply #529700 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Monster game by LeBron James. 37 points, 18 rebounds, 13 assists, 3 steals, 1 block. Only marred by 38% shooting and 6 turnovers.

I don't think a one-man team is going to be GSW though.

Reply #529701 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

*beat

Reply #529704 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Agree. As much as I love Delly.

GSW are 100% the best team. Steph is hands down the best player to watch in the NBA rite now!

Reply #529707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#suchnumbers

Reply #529709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This Chicago sports presenter really doesnt like Delly

https://twitter.com/@MarkSchanowski

Reply #529715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dellavedova better not pull this crap against the Warriors

Reply #529719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What crap? Winning? Beasting? Getting hit above the shoulders for no reason?

Reply #529724 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

From NBA.com:

"A flagrant 1 is unnecessary contact. This is usually when a defensive player swings and makes hard contact with the offensive player or makes hard contact and then follows through. A flagrant foul 2 is unnecessary and excessive contact. This usually has a swinging motion, hard contact, and a follow through."

Seems like Horford's was flagrant 2. It was unnecessary and excessive contact.

Similar to previous posters, I also can't figure out what the tech was for!

For those saying that Delly is a "dirty player": what does that make Gibson and Horford? Their actions were far worse than anything Delly did.

Reply #529731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah I think he means aiming for two Hawks players lower legs and a dirty little "leg lock" (wasn't a leg lock but don't know what else to call it) all while throwing his hands up acting innocent. Wish horford put his head through the floor with that elbow

Reply #529732 | Report this post

Grizz21  
Years ago

Can't believe people are saying that play was dirty. The whole thing was thrown way out of proportion.

Reply #529733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still think it was flagrant 1.
It looked to me like Horford was trying to hit him hard and high but missed.
Unnecessary contact for sure? Excessive? Debatable.

Reply #529734 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/602692817505259523

The technical on Delly was bogus. Even rereading the statement in the above link it makes no sense at all.

Delly was pulled backwards, was he meant to somehow guess that he was going to be pulled over the top of Carroll? Various Hawks blogs are trying to say that Delly "gathered his legs and launched himself into Horford's legs". But I can't see that in any angle I've seen. Delly's good, but he can't beat gravity or physics.

Reply #529741 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

I love how they kept going on about the Korver incident like it was dirty, what does any good coach tell you in footy, if you don't go in hard that is when you will get hurt, that is what happened to Korver. And today I'm pretty sure Horford was pulling Delly towards him before Delly hit the ground.....So the new rule in the NBA is that you can't dive for a ball because some superstars don't want to have to dive on the floor? Beverly from the Rockets has to deal with some of this same crap for playing hard so at least its not just Delly.

Reply #529743 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

What a load of bs, how soft are some of these guys? Delly is giving up 6 inches and 22kg to Horford, who is over his back and dragging him sideways by the arm/shoulder. How the hell is he meant to stay on his feet in that scenario, any contact with Horfords knee is a direct result of Horford man handling Delly full stop.

Reply #529747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you all please take off your green and gold glasses? I bet you all thought Beverley's plays on Westbrook were dirty but because delly is Australian it's just going hard at the ball...

Reply #529748 | Report this post

Chi  
Years ago

PnR has the view from the baseline which goes with Delly's statement "I was boxing him out. ... He was pulling my left arm down."

http://pickandroll.com.au/aussies-nba-playoffs-horford-ejection-sparks-dellavedova-debate-yet/

Reply #529749 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Westbrook was dribbling to the sideline to call a timeout. It's a completely different situation to Delly's incidents.

Reply #529750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Dellavedova was given a technical for a "live-ball physical taunt technical foul" for rolling into Horford's knees."

Dirty play

Reply #529751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Westbrook was dribbling to the sideline..."

So the ball was live? Terribly dirty to go hard at a live ball but not to try take out playerS knees

Reply #529752 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

So if I understand correctly, Horford pulls Delly down, pulls him over a teammate thus taking his legs out from under him, Delly has no control of his landing and makes contact with Horford's leg, and is therefore a dirty player. Does that about sum it up?

Reply #529753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs seemed to think that it was unneccesary so yes, dirty

Reply #529754 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

$50 says Steph curry gets injured by a dellavedova "hustle play" in the first two games

Reply #529755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors would beat Cavs no matter what happened. They're a lock. Last time I checked they are paying around $1.20 for the ship!

Reply #529759 | Report this post

Dept  
Years ago

Did LeBron play good?

Reply #529777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who?

Reply #529788 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Apparently Delly has a track record after maybe 20 seconds of action in all the minutes he has played post season:

Incident 1: Leg Lock. Poor Form and not warranted. Technical given to Delly should have been the call

Incident 2: Dived on a loose ball. Nothing in this but unfortunate injury. Part of the game, get on with it nancy commentators

Incident 3: Boxed out for too long, tangled arms and fell on Horford leg. I think a foul called early on the delly block out would have stopped all this. However after this they could have stopped the play by calling a double foul for the holding. If you don't call any of these fouls then I agree with the flagrant 2. Horford went from a standing start to dropping the elbow. Disagree with the technical. Was this dirty, no it was part of the game that could have been handled much better by the referees.

Prediction: Delly fouls out of the next game and Teague goes for 30+

Reply #529789 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Just finished watching the game and glad to hear most intelligent and sensible posters on here agree that Delly is not dirty. I usually like Reggie's commentary but thought he was being farfetched and and throwing fuel on an unnecessary fire by saying Delly goes for peoples knees - that was absolute rubbish. Also Horford just dragged him down today and then dropped the hammer on Delly's head, there was absolutely nothing Delly did wrong in that play, it was all on Horford who was likely frustrated about being boxed out by a guy a foot shorter and who had actually drawn a loose ball foul on Horford a few plays before. Ridiculous technical called on Delly also and should be retracted by the NBA if they have any sense.

As others have touched on, the Korver incident was just unlucky and Delly was just going hard at the ball. The whole pattern of behaviour thing the Hawks are going on about sounds a lot like sour groups from a team being totally outplayed by a club missing 2 of its best 3 players.

The only incident where you can say Delly was somewhat in the wrong was the Gibson ejection. If you actually have a look at the whole play, Gibson shoves/wacks Delly in the back of the head/neck area first on the rebounding contest, then Delly leg-locks him resulting in the Gibson kick and ejection. Delly should have got a tech for the leg lock but Gibson instigated the incident.

Anyway, can't beleive how out of proportion this was blown by the commentators and by the Hawks, cry us a river!

Reply #529790 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

Does anyone think the cavs are any chance against the dubs? I feel the dubs will annihilate them. I wish it was a spurs dubs finals, hate watching Cleveland play ISO ball.

Reply #529795 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

If delly did nothing wrong then why did you get a tech for hitting horford below the knees? Stop being childish and accept he did something wrong.

Reply #529796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep all the commentators and analysts on the half time report who get paid to report and analyse NBA basketball for a living were bewildered by Delly's tech but if BG32 says it was correct then that's all I need.

Reply #529799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If falling down on someone's leg, when a much larger person is pulling him down is wrong? Then I don't wanna be right. Delay did nothing wrong and ATL is just po'd cos they are losing

Reply #529800 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

Don't take my word for it, take the word of the three NBA level officials that thought his play was dirty. This site is just packed with fuckwits

Reply #529802 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

All you people saying that kelly olynyk intentionally tried to dislocate Kevin loves arm with a completely on purpose wwe wrestling move but can't accept that delly maybe tried to take someone's ankles/ knee out?

Reply #529803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah coz NBA officials who make calls on the spot without the benefit of multi angle replays obviously have the perfect view of an incident as well as the time to get their decision correct every time don't they.

Reply #529804 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

What I laugh about is that in the NBL, probably none of these would have even resulted in a technical except for Horford WWE style take down. And I am saying this in a good way, I think we should be proud of our toughness. I understand why the NBA do try to keep a lid on things, but I think Australia's best quality in basketball is our toughness, work ethic and the win at all costs attitude.

And I am not the biggest lebron fan, but him backing up Delly big time is great. I just hope Delly keeps going hard at it and keeps the piss weak Americans talking.

Reply #529805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I totally agree with you Baller#3

Reply #529807 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

please, lebrons backing him up because he's on his team. If delly had done that TO lebron imagine how quickly lebron would be calling him dirty and how much the media would be all over it

Reply #529810 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

The refs do have video replays. They would have used them to assess horford as the flagrant 2 and would have seen exactly what delly did

Reply #529812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly did nothing wrong in the play. he got pulled down and landed on horford. laughable to think that he intentionally got pulled down to land on horfords knees.

Reply #529822 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

BG32 if this site is too full of fuckwits for you then how about you fuk directly off to some other forum!

Reply #529825 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

BG32: So will your opinion change if/when the technical foul gets rescinded?

Should it?

I think its pretty clear whether Delly did anything "dirty" on the Horford play.

Is anything he did in the Horford play dirtier than what he's been on the receiving end of this series?
https://twitter.com/cleveland_fanz/status/602663303240900609
... or is that just another example of the NBA "brotherhood" looking out for each other?

Reply #529828 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Bg32 it's ok to have different opinion, but calling people fuckwits to get your point across is just juvenile.

If horford isn't reaching over delly's back and pulling him down, then delly doesn't lose his footing and make contact with his knees. You can't foul a guy, pull him off his feet out of frustration of being denied the ball and then complain about the guy making contact with your knees.

More damage done to mosgov with a blood nose in the warm up geez!

As for Gibson incident, it was an over reaction by delly, just as horfords reaction was. But it wasn't malicious and no one was in danger of being hurt, again the so called leg lock never happens if Gibson doesn't push delly in the back and throw him to the floor.

Reply #529843 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

Jono you're a clown

Horford drops the elbow BECAUSE of delly hitting his legs. IF it gets rescinded then I'll think about it. But it won't. I get he's Australian and you all want to defend him but be realistic

Reply #529889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BG32 are you severely visually impaired or seriously mentally impaired?
It has to be at least one of the above for you to not understand that Horford has no one except himself to blame for everything that happened. He pulled Delly down and over the top of a guy already on the floor. He pulled Delly onto himself and then got shitty that Delly made contact with him even though Delly had no control of his landing as a irect result of Horford's own actions.

Get a clue mate.

Reply #529892 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

Umpires thought he could have avoided/ not done it on purpose hence the tech.

Maybe YOU should get a clue fool

Reply #529895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs didn't have all the angles. Baseline angle makes it very obvious what happened.
Maybe you should watch it yourself before making an even more massive dickhead of yourself.

Reply #529896 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

You don't think umpires looked at the replay screens when determining what the calls were? Idiot

Reply #529897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bg32

Maybe you should look at the replay of the incident and make your own mind up, and not be so concerned with what the refs think.

Looks like it is you that is a fool , if you are going to believe everything a referee says.

Reply #529898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"before making an even more massive dickhead of yourself"

^ not sure that is possible

Reply #529899 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

I've watched it. Unneccesary. I can admit the Gibson thing was dumb but not dirty. I can admit that it was completely unneccesary to hit korvers legs that way but not dirty. But horfords was plain and simple intentional. He was probably pissed at being held and he went for them. When you stop being a complete dickhead/ Cleveland fan/ Delly bandwagon Australian fan maybe you'll see it's too. Until then neck yourself

Reply #529900 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

How cute is this bloke replying to his own anonymous comments. Well done champ

Reply #529901 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

I agree he is totally cute

Reply #529903 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

You guys are right as always. Very cute bloke.

Reply #529904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bg32

Your tag should be "no idea 32"

Ok , so you agree that the Gibson incident was a bit cheeky but not dirty, you a
So say that the Korver incident was not dirty, just an unfortunate accident. But you say that the Horford play was clearly intentional?

The Horford play was the least intentional of the lot. Next time when you play ball
, go box out a 6'10" guy, do you think it would be fair to assume that you may get off balance if he pulled your arm down going for the ball? I thought so.

If you think Delly had any control on where he fell after being pulled off balance you are kidding yourself. I really hope yopu are not planning to be a teacher, a judge, a meat inspector or anything in life where you are needed to make an important judgement.

Reply #529905 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

So I guess none of you have seen the photos with dellys arms around horfords legs? Or just ignoring that as well

Reply #529906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There it is you made a bigger dickhead of yourself.

Not sure about the other guys, I'm 905 and 898. Im pretty sure the other guys are different posters as well.

It's not the same guy thinking you are a dick. It's three seperate people that think you area dickhead. And probably everyone reading this thread.

Reply #529907 | Report this post

New Anon  
Years ago

The most interesting thing about this thread now is waiting to see what swear words or rude remarks BG32 can come up with next.

Sorry, uninteresting!

Reply #529908 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

If you're 12 and don't like swearing go tell your mummy and she can block the bad man for you :(

Reply #529909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

B D H 32

Reply #529910 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Lots of angles on this youtube clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBySQufMAZg

Perhaps BG32 can point us to which part shows Delly being intentional & dirty so that all of us fuckwits, fools, idiots & dickheads can learn something.

Reply #529913 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

Nahhhh you're all too blinded by this bench player who shoots somewhat decently on open 3s to actually see what's happening. Troll out

Reply #529915 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Well that was highly predictable. Later, troll.

Reply #529916 | Report this post

BG32  
Years ago

So predictable you kept biting. Well done you're like the Sherlock Holmes of troll detection

Reply #529918 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Hey there champ (BG32), thank you so much for making our point here, really appreciate your honesty and frankness.

Reply #529922 | Report this post

Grizz21  
Years ago

In my opinion, the only dirty play he did was the leg lock on Taj Gibson, seemed a bit unnecessary. The Korver hit was because he dived on the ball (as you should) and Korver shied away from any contact. The whole Horford situation was blown out massively. Both holding so call a double foul and then the elbow slam probably deserves a flagrant 1, ejecting him is probably a bit harsh.

Reply #529932 | Report this post

ChildishSavage  
Years ago

If intent counts in a flagrant call then it's a 2. If only contact that actually occurs counts then a 1 should have been fine

Reply #529934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you play soft like what Horford and Korver showed you'll probably get hurt by someone who's actually showing some effort and playomg hard.

The Korver incident shows who was hungrier for the ball. Korver could have dived as well but he chose to hesitate and pull out putting him in an awkward position of vulnerability. It was a clear 50/50 ball with Korver probably even closer to it yet Delly was able to secure it with his hustle. SOFT KORVER

The Horford incident shows how piss weak Horford is. How can he let a 6'3" 190lbs guard push him around like that? Then retaliate by dropping an elbow on him? If Horford actually went for the ball he could have swept Delly aside no problem but he decided to grab on to him and play it out like he's the inoccent one? SOFT AND DIRTY BY HORFORD

The Gibson incident. Fair enough pretty dirty by Delly.

Reply #529947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

remember delly playing college ball. those guys play for their coach +school not for performance based payments,
delly goes hard the rest go home.

Reply #529961 | Report this post

ChildishSavage  
Years ago

Nearly every player in the NBA played college. Very few current ayers came straight from high school

Reply #529962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

congratulations go to Randy Bennett's program st marys gaels

Reply #529964 | Report this post

ChildishSavage  
Years ago

Not too long ago Kyle korver had his nose broken during a game and came back very soon after wearing a mask. Wouldn't be calling him weak. Worried about getting injured again yes, but not weak

Reply #529965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go Dane and Jock gets some delly in your game.

Reply #529966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is BG 32 ingles 13 or the situation reincarnated or maybe youknowme.

Reply #529987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's strange... the snarkiness and idiocy displayed above is nowhere to be seen on the NRL/AFL forums I visit. Is it just a thing with Aussie basketball fans or what?

Reply #529991 | Report this post

BG33  
Years ago

I think it's more to do with the anonymity factor.
A dickhead like BG32 would just get banned from most message boards for his pure tolling, but here there are no account restrictions.
That has some good aspects that make the place better, but it comes at the cost of dealing with the occasional tosser.

Reply #529993 | Report this post

BG34  
Years ago

Plus you can change your user name so easily the same person could have posted here 5 times and you'd never know

Reply #529995 | Report this post

Sirjump  
Years ago

Seriously.

All those commenting above who are critical of Delly for this play, or who are chastising those who thought (properly) there was nothing in it from Delly's perspective, watch it again. Disregard the players involved and whether you like them/dislike them/think this forum is biased because Delly is an Aussie.

Watch how they get tangled up (not an uncommon thing to happen in a game) and how Horford pulls Delly down (again, not overly remarkable).

Watch how Delly, in the course of falling to the ground, falls over Carroll and into Horford's legs - and here's the critical part - *backwards*. Realise that Delly had no control over how that play went down once he starts to fall. Up until this point, it's at best a regular foul to each player for getting tangled up with each other.

Then watch Horford drop the people's elbow on Delly *after* they had physically separated. This wasn't two guys rolling around on the floor and one trying to get up and putting in a sneaky elbow on the way up. If there's a dirty player here, it's Horford, not Delly.

Reply #530000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754