Isaac
Years ago

Hawks sign Rob Beveridge as coach

The Illawarra Hawks are excited to announce that championship winning coach Rob Beveridge has been appointed as head coach for the 2015/16 NBL Season.

Beveridge who becomes just the 11th coach of the club returns to the NBL for the first time since leaving the Perth Wildcats in 2013.

"Bevo" guided the Wildcats to the 2010 championship when they defeated the Hawks 2-1. His 4 years with Perth featured 3 Grand Final appearances and a Semi Final appearance amassing an impressive 74 Win - 38 Loss record.
Full announcement

Topic #37307 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

huge news !

Reply #533927 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Hate that they lost Gordie, but Bevo is a damn nice replacement :)

Reply #533933 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

I hope the cheque has cleared.

Reply #533942 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Conveniently recruited so quickly....Sounds like Gordie was pushed to me!

Reply #533967 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Isaac, why create a new thread.......??

Reply #533969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glen rice jr 2nd import

Reply #534006 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bear, coach signing is a pretty major announcement, as is a team renaming. If there was another, I didn't see it. Been overseas for eight weeks and not reading as often as usual.

Reply #534021 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Hey Bear if Isaac wants a new thread i think he can do so without question!

Pop into Maccas & buy yourself an egg Mcmuffin...

Reply #534025 | Report this post

Hardwood Hero  
Years ago

Kevin Lisch to sign I'd say.

Reply #534030 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Agreed.. would not be surprised to see lisch reunite with bevo. Great to see bevo back in the NBL and is an equally good coach as Gordie.

Reply #534032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where is all this money coming from. Still broke effectively and everyone had a stiffie about a very expensive player reuniting with Beveridge.

Reply #534034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No team is broke mate. Larry K saves the day!

Reply #534038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how much money did he tip in. Will they have another under salary cap team?

Reply #534040 | Report this post

A. Bitoni Fan  
Years ago

I thought their owner, Spencely, had deep pockets?

Did find it interesting that Kestelman was the one provided the quotes in the article about his signing.

Reply #534045 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kestelman provided comments in the NBL article but I think it was Hawks GM Welch in the Hawks release.

Reply #534062 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

We might see Schenscher line up with Hawks. I think Luke played under Bevo and along side Lisch in a Perth Championship.

I'll miss big Luke in Adelaide - he was a good "point of difference"- so I hope he finds a good home in the NBL, possibly with Hawks or Crocs.

Reply #534064 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Schenscher wasn't used that well at Perth under Beveridge. I'd be surprised to see him move to Wollongong in that case. From an outside observation, I thought he might have left Perth initially to move away from Beveridge's style of coaching.

Reply #534066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, Bevo does play a lot of small ball with a focus on run & gun plus outside shooting rather than having a big target inside.

Reply #534078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beveridge a massive signing.
Best coach the league has seen in a while.

Gordie hugely overated. W/L record was horrendous.

Reply #534207 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754