Anonymous
Years ago

AJ Ogilvy V Jules Khazzouh - Who is better?

I have always thought that Ogilvy is a very talented player but is a bit "Soft" ( hopefully Bevo can instill some mongrel in him )

I barely remember Khazzouh's time in the NBL but what I do remember is that he was fairly dominant.

Who is the better player out of these two?

Topic #37364 | Report this topic

kobe24  
Years ago

Khazzouh, from what I remember was very solid big body that was hard to move. Not flashy just business like.

Reply #535072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Khazzouh is more talented, he's able to stretch the floor, which helps the team out more and he's great defensively. Not trying to put AJ down, because he's a really talented player but if I was making a team I would definitely take Khazzouh over AJ

Reply #535074 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

I'd take Khazzouh over AJ.

Both showed a bit of an attitude problem in their last NBL seasons & hopefully they are ready to put in the effort for their return.

Reply #535082 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yup, have to go with D4444... Both need to pull their fingers out and I think AJ had a worse run with an average coach, management getting in the road and then Sam Young trying to make it all about him, but I think Jules is more well rounded, I think he's a better outside shooter and is just made of stronger stuff inside... He just needs to take it out of second gear as I'm sure Bevo will be putting AJ in the best position to succeed...

Reply #535086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Ogilvy has a much higher ceiling than Khazzouh. I think they both offer about the same at the moment. In saying that its been a couple of years since I last saw Khazzouh play.

Reply #535090 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

It should be fun watching them go head to head.

Reply #535095 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Khazzouh in a heart beat. Too many offensive tools.

Reply #535100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JK is far superior.

Reply #535110 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

TBH I don't think either of them really has a "ceiling" anymore - they are what they are. Khazzouh is the better offensive player definitely. Or at least he was, given what I saw the last time either of them wore a Kings jersey.

Reply #535135 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

JK for me too. But I don't think you can go far wrong with either. Khazzouh just has a few more strings in his bow. AJ maybe slightly better on the defensive end though.
AJ was fairly clearly the one of the best players in the league his season, while Sanders was around. Stagnated/went backwards when the Young swap was made.

Reply #535148 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Khazzouh has a good post move, and very good soft hands and tends to get the roll, also better from the outside. AJ very good with the rebounding and very fast for a big man.

Reply #535179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:08 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754