kr
Years ago

Will Mccarron be playing nbl?

Just wondering if any nbl teams are looking at Mitch Mccarron. It seems to me that his stocks were very high after winning Div 2 player of the year and attending nba training camps.

But based on the stats from the University games tournament, he seems to have not been a stand out and I wonder if that would hurt his chances of a pro gig.

Is he a 10th man/development player spot, or is he capable of playing as 6-8 in the rotation on an nbl team?

Topic #37453 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

@kr, I would be asking someone who watched those games how he went rather than just relying on often ambiguous or misleading basketball statistics.

NBL coaches who may be keen on him will surely do their due dilligence and want to see him in person to have him try out at some point.

I hope he does get a couple of breaks go his way, seems like a very decent player...

Reply #536787 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Fair call bear, I didn't see any of the games so am a bit in the dark myself.

He seems an exciting prospect hence my interest, just wasn't sure who if anyone was chasing him.

Reply #536791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plan was to come back and play NBL, but after a strong college finish received a number of Euro offers. Was mulling over direction he wanted to take last I heard.

Reply #536794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to hear that an excellent player in a D2 can weigh up his options, we often overllok those players in strong D2 conferences who play decent minutes and get a solid basketball degree along with their academich one.

There are quite a few of them out there, it isn't all about the D1 kids, often their story is more about lost opportunity and frustration, not so much in the D2 colleges where some kids just as talented end up.

He is a good story and others like him will no doubt pop up soon...

Reply #536804 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Definitely agree with Bear that stats can be very misleading... I'm not sure the number of D2 kids getting pre-draft workouts, but you have to think that the number isn't that high...

From all that I've seen, he works hard at both ends, can nail it from outside but also likes to get to the basket... I'd be stoked if the Kings would get him into their guard rotation...

Reply #536893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Will McCarron?

Reply #536898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*Mitch

Reply #536902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please come to Perth

Reply #536997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754