Anonymous
Years ago

Luke Schenscher signs with the Crocs

Crocs become the orangest team in NBL history!

Topic #37487 | Report this topic

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

They desperately needed a veteran on that team and they got a great one. Sad to see him leave.

Reply #537499 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Conklin, Schenscher, Kay and Young is a solid frontcourt. They are going to need their backcourt to play out of their skins to make a playoff run though.

Reply #537501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher | Young
Conklin | Kay
Steindl | Henry
Import | Djeric?
Norton | Maynard?

Good not great. Import 1/2 or 2/3 will have to be a creator and scorer.

Reply #537517 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Diamon Simpson as the Import.

Reply #537546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jesus Diamon Simpson anywhere! Get off his nuts he wasn't THAT good. Great job of Luke to fall on his feet, will surprise a few people if they utilise him well and his body stays healthy, was ravaged last season with various injuries and going from spot minutes to major minutes to spot minutes.

Reply #537555 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It is just the_Champ trolling. Check his post history. He is the only one mentioning his name.

Reply #537561 | Report this post

dman  
Years ago

I think this crocs team will surprise a lot of people this year. Maybe not top 4 yet but still a long way of wooden spoon.

Reply #537573 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Bringing in Schenscher and Kay gives the Crocs far more scoring potential in the 5 spot than Gladness and Vandy last year who both have limited ability to finish in the post. That should free Conklin up heaps.

They should be able to pick up an import combo guard to atleast match the loss of Blanchfield, so the one big question mark will be whether they can snag an aussie bench guard to bring as much as Markovic did last year.

I think Dennis has done a solid job putting this team together on a limited budget. Bring in Mccaron for one of the guard spots and he gets an A plus.

Reply #537588 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Really glad to see Luke Schenscher still in the league. Sad to see him squeezed out of Adelaide, but thats the league we have with its salary cap and player points system.
Clubs have to juggle their playing lists within all those constraints to try to have the best combination of players they can.
Hope he has a great season wih the Crocs.

Reply #537604 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

If they are relying on Schenscher for scoring they are in some serious trouble.
He is still a decent player but is getting slower each season.
Should probably be a backup at this stage but I hope he proves me wrong.

Reply #537606 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Signed on a three-year deal. I imagine he will be a back-up, anchoring the reserve unit and creating shots with his passing. If they use him smartly he will deliver plenty of quality rather than quantity.

Reply #537608 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@Kr: "an import combo guard to at least match the loss of Blanchfield"

Easier said than done. Import wings who can shoot from deep as well as Blanchfield and at that size are quite often NBA players.

With Markovic and Blanchfield gone, we have lost two of the best shooters in the league. Will affect spacing and that's two fewer targets for Schenscher's excellent kick-out passing.

That import guard needs to be able to shoot the lights out or that's gonna be one cramped floor, with Steindl as the only elite shooter on the entire roster.

Reply #537614 | Report this post

Birdman  
Years ago

Luke leaving Adelaide is nothing to do with the points system or salary cap

Reply #537618 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Kay/Schenscher
Conklin/Young
Steindl/Henry
Import/Djeric or Maynard
Norton/McCarron

As Mick said, if that import can shoot and McCarron gets signed it's a solid team, albeit one relying on young players to produce which always leaves question marks.

Reply #537619 | Report this post

Well done Luke, another 3 year deal.

Reply #537640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its more to do with Joey Wrights inability to utilise him properly ala Bevo at the cats.

Reply #537642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The league is pretty big this year in centers at clubs, if luke is like he is last year form and injury wise, crocs are gonna be small, with a first yr player at center and having a height disadvantage against most teams.

With teams like melbourne, Sydney and the hawks recruiting well this yr cant see the crocs getting any higher than second last or last.

Reply #537655 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Why is it an inability? Wright wants to play a certain way and Luke doesn't fit that style - it's no more an inability of Wrights than it is of Schenschers.

Let's not forget Wright inherited the contract and salary of Schenscher - Joey wouldn't have chosen him had he of had a choice.

Reply #537657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you made his point for him!

Nothing worse than a new coach coming in, having dummy spits over the players he's inherited, and refusing to use them properly. Then doing what Wright has done and try to rebuild the whole list.

Be really interested to see how Wright does now with his hand-picked team.

Reply #537669 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Of course Townsville to surprise many this upcoming season; we are talking about a team last year that beat Wollongong by what 32 points and then lost to them a week later... They epitomised inconsistency!

Clint Steindl excites me every time I see him lace up his boots as he could be an awesome NBL player but last year he went from scoring 8-15 points for a quarter and then you didn't see much of him for the next half... If he brings some consistency and Norton puts in a Most Improved Player type season + Conklin matching or bettering his form from last year and Townsville will at worst be a tough team.

Good signing and I hope Schensch can still put in quality minutes but it wouldn't surprise me if he only sees 18 minutes a game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kay and Young develop throughout the season.... Exciting times up north

Reply #537676 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Great to see Luke signed up.

I know I've been living under a rock, but what's happening with Holmes?

Reply #537677 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Nothing worse than a new coach coming in, having dummy spits over the players he's inherited, and refusing to use them properly. Then doing what Wright has done and try to rebuild the whole list."

Either that or getting on with the job of turning a perennial loser into a playoff team two years in a row.

Reply #537696 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

This article in the Townsville Bulletin

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/luke-schenscher-back-in-townsville-crocodiles-colours/story-fnjfzr2z-1227445642147

Reply #537706 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754