RMQ
Years ago

Crocs to sign import Mckenzie Moore?

I tweeted that Crocs needed a "legit" import.

Boti replied "conklin's not legit"

I said "he is, but they need a high flyer, someone to put bums in seats."

He replied: Gotcha. Fair call then. McKenzie Moore doesn't excite?

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere already.

Topic #37575 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

Looks like I'm a month late..

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/the-marksman-home-while-crocs-look-for-moore/

Reply #539316 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

all good rmq, looks like a good fit for Crocs

Reply #539327 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Just looked at some of his highlight videos. He looks 'okay' but that is judging from NZNBL. He certainly isn't at the level of the other imports that have been announced, and I wonder how much of the stuff he was pulling in New Zealand he will get away with in Australia.

I would be a bit pissed if I was a Crocs fan. It looks like they might have a good team in a few years, but they are going to take their lumps next season.

Reply #539328 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Not all hope is lost. In Bevo's first year with the Cat's they weren't supposed to win a championship either.

Reply #539336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha Conklin came from NZNBL, and last year pre season everyone on here was saying he was going to be an average import at best because of all the "NBA quality' imports coming over. Now the reigning MVP! So not all imports from over the ditch are average.

Reply #539343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah you posted it on oz ho's early this afternoon and they wouldn't know you were a month behind ;)

Reply #539345 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Conklin snubbed at least three other players of the MVP award last season, he was good but don't make it out like he deserved that award, there where other players who played much better and contributed much more to their respective teams and the league

Reply #539377 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

It was Childress award but he got injured, Conklin was solid and consistant.

Reply #539381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah NBL is average too and probably not that better than NZNBL

Reply #539397 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Forget the probably Anon,NBL is way ahead.How close does the NZBL all star 5 get to the NBL all star 5? They would get done by 20+.

Reply #539443 | Report this post

dman  
Years ago

Haters gonna hate. All hail King Conklin!!!

Reply #539445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin going to have a less productive season compared to last year as he doesn't have anyone to pass him the ball like what Markovic did...

Wasn't he cut from his Puerto Rico team?

Reply #539450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Moore does get signed, he'll be one of the best defensive guards in the league. Crazy wingspan + athlete, was second in block shots despite being a guard, second in steals too I believe.

He may struggle to be a big offensive piece at the higher level, would need to be competent from deep, but if you fit in him with potent offensive threats then he could be a perfect fit

Reply #539459 | Report this post

Which part is his first name?

Reply #539556 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Conklin was great but only won the MVP because of the "Brownlow" style voting system. Wasn't the best player in the league...

Reply #539567 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Ah NBL is average too and probably not that better than NZNBL"

Someone actually said that.
Pretty sure Jason Cadee almost averaged a triple double in the NZNBL.

Reply #539572 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Conklin was great but only won the MVP because of the "Brownlow" style voting system. Wasn't the best player in the league...
No, but he was the most valuable player in the league.

Reply #539688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Cadee's three rebounds and three assists per game is close to averaging a triple double, then sure

Reply #539691 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754