Train
Years ago

Damian Martin Injured, out of qualifying series

" PERTH Wildcats skipper Damian Martin is set to miss Australia's Olympic qualifying series against New Zealand this week after suffering a lower-leg injury.

PerthNow understands Martin, 30, is battling a calf or achilles issue sustained after arriving in Melbourne on Monday.

It is unclear how Martin, who was present at Boomers training on Tuesday morning, suffered the injury."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaking-news/damian-martin-set-to-miss-australian-boomers-olympic-qualifying-series-with-injury/story-fnect155-1227478934431

Topic #37696 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Gotta feel for this guy, cant catch a break.
Hopefully its not a major injury and he is fit for the start of the NBL series.

Reply #542632 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I agree with Train, he works so hard and even though he doesn't have the offensive skills of some players he works his but off with both offence and defence. Even though I hate the wildcats I really love Damo and I'm really saddened to hear the news.
Hope its nothing back, and get better soon Damo

Reply #542636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unlucky for Damo.
Will he be replaced or will they go with 11.

Reply #542639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is paid like many other pretty damn well to work hard.... so not sure why all the accoldaes about that. He has no jump shot, none nada squat. Still a shame his hustle will be missed on the defensive end greatly. Absolutely excells at the gritty stuff.

Reply #542642 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Martin will play Roy Ward just confirmed he had an ultrasound on his calf that came back all clear

Reply #542644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Particularly disappointing because even though it would be tough for him to crack into a full-strength Boomers squad he would've added defensive value in this series, given Webster is the Tall Blacks' main offensive threat.

Reply #542645 | Report this post

"He is paid like many other pretty damn well to work hard.... so not sure why all the accoldaes about that"

Not sure if serious.

Reply #542648 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Apparently he has been cleared to play after a scan

http://pickandroll.com.au/damian-martin-boomers-leg-injury-mri/

Reply #542650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Im serious, he is paid well, and he should work hard.

Reply #542679 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

So no one who gets paid to do something should ever get accolades for it, even if they excel at something?

Reply #542680 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

You can't put a dollar value on Damo's character and work ethic.
Stoked that he is ok and still able to play

Reply #542687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt already told us we don't need to go to a self promoting website to read what Roy Ward has already tweeted. That's not journalism.

Reply #542694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What drugs is #642 taking. Tool.

Reply #542698 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

It's the same troll again and again. I no longer pay it any attention. Once it has ruffled some feathers it usually scurries back under the bridge and eats beans straight from the can.

Reply #542699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love you GWB. Roy Ward tweeted it and PNR has coincidentally now has an article on it. That's not journalism where I come from. Go figure. No one pays attention to you either despite having a fictitious name that is as good as mine.

Reply #542701 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

5 minutes has passed... So why the hate?

Reply #542713 | Report this post

Hahaha someone is claiming that GWB and Isaac are the same person? That certainly makes the spat the two of them had last week all the more interesting. Well played Isaac!

Reply #542716 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Yes, I love arguing with myself from alternate profiles.

Reply #542718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Article on wildcats website suggests he is still 50/50, Boomers officials will decide Friday whether he will play or not.

Reply #542882 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Damian Martin replaced in the team by Cam Gliddon.
Good move. Cam should have been there in the first place IMO.

Reply #542936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah...
Damian's defense was worth more than gliddons shooting.

Reply #542939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't find any confirmation Gliddon has replaced Martin? Nothing on BA's website or in their twitter feed.

Reply #542944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone is taking the piss of course Gliddon won't be playing

Reply #542945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin didn't train today - would have thought if he was going to play Saturday he would have need to train today.

Reply #542951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/cairns-taipans-captain-cam-gliddon-slots-into-boomers-line-up-as-calf-strain-rules-damian-martin-out-of-nz-series/story-fndkzqrr-1227481867596

Reply #542957 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Boti has actually confirmed that Gliddon is in for Martin; the imitation actually had a moment of clairvoyance

Reply #542960 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

It is also concerning that Bogut continues to be rested. If it is just a sore back, you would think he would play through it? With the game on in two days, you would think he will start to train soon?

Reply #542961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut trained today, he is fine.

Reply #542963 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Well thats a relief. Injury isn't good for any player, but I think we have lucked ourselves into an upgraded team.

Patty Mills over Dante Exum without question, and I think Gliddon (I can see the snickering before I even finish the sentence) offers more offensively than Martin, while Martins skills are pretty comparable to Gibson - who is already on the team.

With Patty training well, he looks a good chance to start. I expect Gliddon will be 11th man - just before the useless Jawai. It doesn't hurt to have another guy who can shoot the three on the bench.

Feeling for Martin, though. He never has luck with the Boomers.

Reply #542966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you the original GWB?

Reply #542984 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Sure am. The original and best.

Reply #542985 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754