Marcus Camby
Years ago

Crocs at Taipans

According to the live stats...the game is on now.

http://www.nbl.com.au/livestats/?matchid=139014

This ain't right is it?

Topic #38218 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just saw this too. Can't be right surely?

Reply #555718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can not believe the defence by Townsville. Simply amazing.

Reply #555721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8:48 in ant not a single Cairns player has racked up a stat, all donuts.

Of course it isn't legit, the game starts after the Kings/Hawks one.

Reply #555723 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

6-0 to the Crocs with 1:16 left in the 1st.

Jett and Young have hit threes!

Livestats providing a good laugh.

Reply #555729 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Not one player given a turnover, even though you can only assume there's been 20 consecutive 24 second violations.

Reply #555733 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

NBL website priceless as usual!

Reply #555739 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Taipans fighting back...now 9 - 6

Reply #555750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "fix" in in. Get your bets on!

Reply #555760 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Jett dropped 11kg since arriving in Aus! WOW. He must have been in awful shape when he arrived. 11kg is crazy..not sure i'm buying that.

If he plays out of his skin they can win.

Tipping Cairns by 12.

Reply #555798 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Finally pacific shrink happens in a beneficial way

Reply #555799 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Atleast he is losing some weight... crazy they are all talking about it, guess its awkwardly obvious. He will get so much better and confident as he feels better on his legs.

Reply #555800 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nice start to this game, I'm really hoping the Crocs can compete this season, so far so good for them. Love Rucker too, the commentary combos starting to really come together...

Reply #555801 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Matty Burston moving well out there

Reply #555805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MADUB believe it Jett had a year off basketball his last college season was 2013-14 so 14-15 was a gap year so to speak.

Reply #555807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he fed the gap that is his mouth quite well over that year.

Reply #555808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was Jett off during the whole 2Q to rest? Could pay off big time now in the second half.

Reply #555809 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

What's an appropriate word to describe both the material of the court and my reaction to the female referee?

A: Hardwood.

Reply #555810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha I'm feeling the same way. Any sexy pics of Toni C out there on the interwebz?

Reply #555811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thoughts on Starks?

Reply #555812 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Starks just doesn't look comfortable/doesn't fit in.

I can't blame him too much. He's probably a really good player. Fearne's system is specific and not to every import's style. That shamgod move which resulted in a rushed shot for Craig would have annoyed Fearne.

They just need an import which fits in a little more.

Reply #555814 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Has been pretty quiet, same with Loughton, forgot he was even playing at one point. Wilbekin's are very big shoes to fill, think he almost needs to be put in that Ennis category of very special and never get them for more than 1 season type guys. Starks is big drop for Cairns fans to deal with though... tough its not even his fault.

Reply #555815 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Can't help but admire TVL's fight and their general will. They also seem to have that hard working culture which is a vital pillar to have

Reply #555816 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Macdub I'm with you, its taken a tough 3 and that Loughton thing to potentially break them, I've been saying it they are one more offensive threat away...

Reply #555818 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yep and they don't have that 'acceptance' factor too which is great i.e. when they lose they don't seem like the kind of team to just accept losses because of their talent deficiencies. They genuinely believe they should compete and beat teams.

Reply #555820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho should miss a week for his deliberate nut punch

Reply #555823 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Starks will need to deliver soon or there may be some plane tickets booked.

Overall, I find games played in Cairns all to be boring for some reason. I am not sure why.

Steven Weigh got out of the mirror for a bit and played well in patches. I think Jett will come into his own as the season progresses.

Reply #555824 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I was a bit agitated by the Cairns atmosphere for some reason tonight. It actually got to me that every Crocs miss they had The Simpson's Nelson's 'Ha ha', just used it every single time. Besides a one sided finishes and some pure ass made shots that broke the Crocs, was a solid contest, will be a different result perhaps in The Swamp. Agreed too Crocs have a no excuses attitude about them.

Reply #555833 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

What were you watching Kobe? Reffing kept Crocs in it all night. Conklin one foul yet 6 fouls on. The MVP protected species is a joke.

Reply #555837 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Just referring to 2 fouls on Schenscher in the 4th that was not a block nor a bad screen imo... more talking about the crazy shots the Taipans made with time running down on the shot clock.

Reply #555838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor guy, Starks knows it's not working but I'm still not convinced Cairns would cut him. The only reason they ever cut players is for something in their personal life that goes very public (and it would have to be VERY public; look at the shennanigans that Jamar got up to).

I kind of get the feeling that Fearney would take it as a personal failure on his behalf that he couldn't coach some big games out of him and will stick with him stubbornly until the end of the season regardless.

Reply #555844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On another note: what the hell was everyone smoking when they came up with the Taipans team poster this year? It's like an 80s heavy metal album cover.

Reply #555845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh what did Wilson get unto.... I thought he just fell out of the rotation.

Reply #555847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link to team poster? Sounds epic.

Reply #555851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link to team poster? Sounds epic.

Reply #555852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the taipans up to there old tricks again, not wiping the floor in front of their bench.........oldie, but a goodie.

Reply #555882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ their

Reply #555883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team poster:

https://www.facebook.com/cairnstaipans/photos/pb.205852826164087.-2207520000.1445137991./886439598105403/?type=3&theater

Reply #555904 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Markel is playing with a couple of injuries - doesn't want to let the side down by not being out there. All stuck together with RockTape last night.

Reply #555930 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

To be honest it was a terrible game to watch, Weigh was on fire the first quarter yet Fearne hardly ran him the rest of the match. Loughton is well past it, he forces the ball too much and makes poor decisions in offence and soft fouls in defence. Starks showed glimpses of brilliance (some nice assists) but negates that with turnovers and passing up open shots. Gliddon's fourth quarter was the highlight, he has shown he can step up when required.

Townsville are just thugs, they are only as good as the refs will allow them to get away with, which was a fair bit last night. Conklin is the only decent player on their roster, guys like Maynard and Mitch Young think they are superstars but really should just be happy they get any court time at all. Steindl has a nice shot but cannot create anything himself. Not sure if something was wrong with Norton last night, he didn't seem to be in it at all.

Reply #555946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha that Taipans team poster is awesome

Reply #555953 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Norton is just off. Has not progressed in the last 2 yrs.

Reply #556075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Maynard on the other hand....

Reply #556154 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Markel is playing with a couple of injuries - doesn't want to let the side down by not being out there.

Oh please. So an injury means he can bring the ball up the court, pass it off and then run around in circles?
He's offering them nothing and looks completely lost. If he's that hurt, sit out, because at the moment he IS letting the side down. Badly.
I dunno how far Cairns can go this season with Starks running the show.

Reply #556560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starks was great in the 1st half last week, passing in transition was laser beam like.

Reply #556607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754