Isaac
Years ago

Jarrad Weeks signed for the season

The Illawarra Hawks are pleased to announce Jarrad Weeks will remain at the club for the remainder of the 2015/16 season.

The decision to keep Weeks comes after Tyson Demos was earlier in the week ruled out for the remainder of the season with an ongoing knee injury.

Head Coach Rob Beveridge says everyone involved in the club was excited at the prospect of having Weeks on the roster for the remainder of the season.
Full story

Topic #38589 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Great news, perseverance pays off!!!

Reply #568160 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Agent 87.

Reply #568164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

* Agent 97

Reply #568169 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Great to see his effort pay off, and I hope this is an official end to the stupid injury reserve restrictions and not just Spenceley whispering into his mates ear...

Reply #568171 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Nice...

Reply #568173 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Brilliant news, great for Illawarra and the league

I thought the rule had meant this wouldnt be allowed, but glad to hear they can sign him.

Better team balance anyway- White is a similar player to Demos (albeit not as good), whereas Weeks brings something different into the mix.

Illawarra remains a dark horse for the championship. Not bad so far, considering they've missed their starting point guard this whole time.

Reply #568177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the outset I understood the rule being he could only be an injury replacement for Rhys Martin OR another player if and only if that player was out for the season.

So with Hawks ruling Tyson out for the season Jarrad is in. If Tyson was only out for say 4 weeks, Hawks couldn't have extended Jarrad's contract.

Reply #568197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well deserved. Wish the Kings had never let him walk.

Reply #568235 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

ADL's chances of staying in the top 4 just got slimmer...

Reply #568253 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yes they did, but our locker room import didn't...

Reply #568274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good call Kobe 24.
I see Hawks getting in the top 4.

Reply #568277 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

ADL should think seriously about signing Conklin for Ebi. But if you did that you might actually make the top 4...

Reply #568283 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

They aren't that's just so painful to a pill to swallow. Mates before title runs. Conklin would be great fit cheap and massive chip on his shoulder not in his belly... Thank you I'll be here all week!

Reply #568333 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Great news, he deserves it.

Reply #568355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great coup from the Hobart Chargers to secure Weeks for the Seabl season.

Reply #568379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754