Jack Toft
Years ago

Cats v Sixers, Dec 4

The brave Sixers venture into the heart of Modor to battle the evil orcs known as Wildcats.

The Cats are 2nd on the table and are 5/1 at home in front of their army of blood thirsty, loyal fans. I'm wondering who is worse, Cats fans, or Collingwood fans. Could there be anything worse than a Cats fan who supports Collingwood?

The Sixers have dropped to 5th on % and are 2/3 on the road. An away win tonight would steal back 4th spot, but they need to be on their game from the tip off to have any hope of stealing this game.

It's great to see the Carlinator in the team for Hodgson and the Cats will be exploiting their advantage in the key tonight. It may be the one thing that tips the tables their way.

Let's Go Sixers!

Topic #38605 | Report this topic

Matthew  
Years ago

Why didnt you tip, JACK? WHY?

:(

Im going to the game tonight after a long week at work where everyone has been sending me American gun themed memes in email. Hopefully I get to see the 36er's tonight kneecapped... I mean treated with the respect they deserve.

Reply #568628 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

36ers have been in Perth longer than the Wildcats.

Wildcats to loose due to fatigue. Randle to dominate.

Reply #568631 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So, Jack does this mean the Sixers are Elves?

Reply #568632 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think tonight will see the Cats loose due to having just played NZ on Wednesday, so therefore we should get this one. Then again a lot could depend on Damo. Was painful to see him loose a tooth the other night. Will he suit up?

Sportsbet says
Cats $1.38
36ers $3.05
Margin -5.5 pts
Over/under 173.5

Reply #568634 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

AHA! Thanks RMQ, that was Randle I saw yesterday around 5pm going into Culture Kings in the Hay Street MAll. He was wearing an Adelaide 36ers shirt and I actually said 'Damn that dude looks like a Baller'.

Reply #568635 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to this one love the double header when your team is in the second game! But can't see the 6ers putting 4 quarters together on the cats in their hostile environment. Having said that with Randle anything is possible, he is a winner. And seems whenever a team wins in your gym the favour is returned these days aka the cairns games, so who knows.

Cats by 7

Reply #568638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs will get the Cats home tonight to save the league from more Gleeson embarrassment.

Reply #568640 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Bear,

Without Hodgson, they'll be the dwarfs.

Reply #568642 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Jack must be on holidays with all the fishing he has been doing ;)

Going with Cats on this one. At home and after a thumping 2 days before.

Reply #568645 | Report this post

Greeny  
Years ago

Martin shouldn't play, Cats have rushed him back too soon.

Reply #568649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats don't lose 2 in a row...enough said!

Reply #568651 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Agreed, Damo needs to sit this one out..

Reply #568662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jayson Wells

Reply #568667 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He had no structural damage etc though, so I'm guessing he is playing regardless of how risky it is right... Id be wary as the one thing Randle is good at, is creating contact or the illusion of it by throwing his arms around going to the hoop, if Martin is on him and Randle blows by him, could be bad.

Reply #568671 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Can't see the Cats losing two in a row, Cats by 7.

Reply #568684 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

NBL needs to tweak their scheduling.
2 (or more) games a week is fine, but not 2 days apart separated by the longest roadtrip in the league.
I hope a 2nd NZ team gets up. It would mean teams could stay in NZ and play the 2nd game instead of flying for several hours.
I've flown Business class, and I don't reckon Jawai would fit.

Cats should win, but anything can happen.

Reply #568688 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

As long as we dont get those awful calls that we saw on Wednesday against the Breakers, Cats should be good here..

Foul trouble hurt us and changed the game, Charles Jackson was a joke.

Reply #568733 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I'm gonna vent here about this:

At what point does Boti realise how stupid it is to include the all time head-to-head records between the two sides (sitting 65-54 for these two teams), but not include what their W-L records, or at least ladder positions, for the current season are?

Been bugging me for years.

Reply #568751 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

* In his game previews that is. Obviously.

Reply #568752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably became a habit as the 36ers had been down near the bottom for so long prior to 2014.

If you mention it's 1st or 2nd vs 7th or 8th it takes a lot of sting out of it.

Reply #568756 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Random chart showing Wildcats results this season (opponents listed by ladder position)

Pretty solid at home and against weaker teams, while most of the red is on the road and against the better teams.
Crocs the bogey team that defies the pattern.

Most of our remaining games are against the lower teams.

Reply #568762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TSV not TOW

Reply #568765 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

GOD DAMMIT!! It's worthless now :'(

Reply #568767 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

There there, Luuc, it'll be okay. I'm sure we can still get something out of the graph!

Reply #568782 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Matthew, you know the day I tip against the Sixers is the day I put on a Wildcats singlet

Reply #568790 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Wildcats fans already complaining before the game starts. Boo Hoo about playing in NZ. Cairns played last night and play again tonight, every team has to deal with it. SIxers will win by 14 points, DJ to have a big game 26 and 10. Beal will be shut down, he only performs against the bottom few sides.

Reply #568809 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Perth making their intentions felt early, straight in to Jawai, me thinks its going to be a long night for the 36ers. Hope I'm wrong.

Reply #568820 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Gibson looks like he will have a ghost game.

Reply #568822 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This might be a tad premature but I'm feeling like this will be a very lopsided game. Perth just bullying them on the inside. Hodgsons still out yes?

Reply #568823 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

Damo making randle piss already

Reply #568824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After that disgracefull finish against the Breakers (where they gave up)I find it hard to tip Perth.

Reply #568825 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Strong return from the timeout at least.
Horrible start though.

Reply #568828 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Running at almost a turnover a minute.

Reply #568831 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Too many offensive rebounds already.

Reply #568832 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

00:36 24, J. Wagstaff, Assist
00:37 42, S. Redhage, 3pt jump shot made 25-16 9
00:42 8, J. Kenny, Offensive Rebound
00:44 13, T. Jervis, 2pt jump shot missed 22-16 6
00:45 13, T. Jervis, Offensive Rebound
00:46 13, T. Jervis, 2pt jump shot missed 22-16 6
00:48 13, T. Jervis, Offensive Rebound
00:48 23, C. Prather, 2pt jump shot missed 22-16 6
01:02 13, T. Jervis, Defensive Rebound

What the hell just happened?

Reply #568833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To big upfront.

Reply #568835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How was it not unsportsmanlike when prather went for the beeakaway jam? We want to discourage fouling and airborne player from behind surely!

Reply #568836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan Johnson biggest waste of height/talent ever

Reply #568837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle is a one man show

Reply #568839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers gameplan force the Perth bigs out by shooting 3's

Reply #568841 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It was not an unsportsmanlike foul because Walker slipped. Should it have been an unsportsmanlike on Hire for fouling Creek on the break?

Reply #568842 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"6ers gameplan force the Perth bigs out by shooting 3's"

Good game plan, just like the Sixers of the early 90s!
But DJ needs to hit a few threes to drag Jawai out of the paint and then draw some fouls on the drive. I can't see us winning this with a one man show from Randle.

Reply #568843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs cheating in Perth again...

Reply #568844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright waking a tight rope. Could have been ejected

Reply #568845 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

That is a ridiculous call my goodness.

Reply #568846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big call at halftime then the tech 4 point swing

Reply #568847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has to do something when they are making calls like that.

Reply #568848 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Soft as balls foul what a joke.

Reply #568849 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Such quality reffing here tonight

Reply #568850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hometown officiating is a joke. Perth on the reciving end of some pathetic and blatant bullshite calls in NZ and the 6ers getting the same treatment tonight.

Reply #568851 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

That's the ballgame. Nice work refs. Awful officiating.

Reply #568852 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well that wasn't pretty. Still waiting for Ere to do anything God knows we could use a n import besides Randle to help in some form on the court. We have zero impact and every possession feels it has to be perfect just to hang in there. This could get ugly just a bad hunch

Reply #568853 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Wildcats cheating once again on their home floor. Enough is enough. Martin has got away with so much no wonder Joey is frustrated.

Reply #568854 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sobey with his normal dumbass play. I just want to see him play one game where he doesn't do something stupid. If he didn't do that pointless play that entire last few scenarios wouldn't have happened.

Reply #568855 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im not as concerned with the riffing as I am with the 36ers and their lack of anything great outside of anything Randle and some rare Peach 3's, we are not as good as some think we are. Ere should be gone, sacked bring in Conklin or pretty much any other guy with a US passport haha

Reply #568857 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wright can't afford to lose it like that.

Reply #568858 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Too late now Kobe24. The deadline has passed and we ain't paying out his contract. I think he can be a contributor but for heavens sake hit your shots.

Reply #568859 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ps don't think Adelaide fans should complain. I thought Martin and Prather both got soft fouls on reach ins.

Reply #568860 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He has run out of time to be a contributor, i mean when the hell is this amazing contribution big game come out party going to happen. He must be on a no early termination contract because he should have been gone long ago. He is just one of many issues, before Camby pipes though.

Reply #568861 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

There were some weak calls for both teams during the first half. But don't bail someone out on a play like that.

Reply #568862 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It is hard to see the Beal 3/Gibson foul from the angle they showed. If they showed a baseline shot it would probably show if it was a foul or not. It looked like it was soft but it was unnecessary for Gibson to put his leg out like that. Having said that they have been letting worse stuff go. Wright shouldn't have gone off at the referees to get a Tech.

One thing in the NBL that is always constant is you are going to get bad calls in Perth and bad calls in NZ. It is just the way it is.

Reply #568863 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

LV I can't recall Prather's reach in but the one Martin got he got the ball cleanly with his left hand but his right hand was riding on Randle's waist. So that should be a foul. Watch the reply on that one.

Reply #568864 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Atleast that Gibbo foul took attention away from Ere stepping back to half court launching that shite.

Reply #568865 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Agreed Kobe24, the Wildcats are getting easy shots at the rim and wide open threes off offensive rebounds. Meanwhile, the Sixers have no inside game and are relying on Randle's great shooting to keep them in it. The odds heavily favour the Wildcats unless DJ can get his outside shot rolling.

I was quietly hoping Ere might work his way into shape by mid-season, but it just hasn't happened. He gave up a block on Wagstaff early on because he was too slow to get back into position.

Gibson once again doing absolutely nothing for the Sixers out there. I don't know if he is injured, but he isn't even trying to drive around opposing guards. Instead he's been picking up his dribble and then making tough lateral passes to the wings.

Too many passengers and not enough size. We're wasting this season with Randle unless we make some changes ASAP.

Reply #568870 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I swear if DJ shoots one more 3 I'm going to break something.

Reply #568871 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Watching DJ try and play D is comedy gold.

Reply #568872 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ere layup, cant remember what his quota is for field goals 2 or 3, maybe one more in him!

Reply #568873 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Martin has a cry about an obvious foul he did, next play massively fouls Carlin but no call and then a soft foul down the other end... ahhhh NBL referees

Reply #568874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if you intent doesn't matter, that type of foul is how bogits career projection changed in a horrific way! Hire was walking a tight rope, but if you chop arms the case can always b made that you were playing the ball, intnet is not a factor, rather action and consequence

Reply #568875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh its 6 fouls on cats to one on 36ers only team not getting calls is the cats!

Reply #568876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs making an impact again

Reply #568877 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

The refs haven't been as bad as the Adelaide 36ers. Deplorable effort, no identity and not sure what the gameplan is or was.

Reply #568878 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

These refs have been pretty physical. Putting hands on everyone.

Reply #568879 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

Redhage flops and refs call USF. Teys gets a throw down and it's just a breaker up boys

Reply #568881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs have no control atm! Rewarding flops lerring actual fouls go! Time for a fine and review system for flops!

Reply #568882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather is a damn good athlete

Reply #568884 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Didn't get drafted for no reason, what is he 23, in his athletic prime, Perth have a good thing going with the imports they are picking.

Reply #568885 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

Randle and Petrie are the only reliable players we have on the roster, everyone else is to hit and miss.

Reply #568887 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Get back on the bus Petrie

Reply #568888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game is a good example why this league sucks... Call it like nba for goodness sake! It's not footy!

Reply #568889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been watching the whole game and the refereeing has been fine.

The 6ers have been utterly disgusting.

Anyone who says "redhage flopped" is a moron, because they never showed the replay of the contact on the Peach U/S.

Time for Joey to go under the hammer and actually put a game plan together that doesn't rely solely on Randle scoring buckets, Ere eating buckets and draining the occasional bomb, and DJ looks as interested as a high school student during English.

Wildcats penetrated well and ran the floor with their big squad on. Great interior defence and disruptive on the ball carrier and first passer.

Annnnd on this exact play, Peach was roughing up Jawai the entire play so Jawai reacts.

Ohhh the Sooksers

Reply #568891 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

DJ is having a hideous night statistically. I'm assuming it looks just as bad live. But he's played the most minutes. This is why we need another tall.

Reply #568894 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not saying players don't provoke but funny how so much of the niggle and overtly physical stuff seems to involve Petrie.

He seems to me to be the main instigator in a lot of the physical skirmishes.

Reply #568895 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Jawai has given away 3 stupid and unnecessary fouls tonight. He'll get a reputation if he's not careful. If he hasn't already.

Reply #568896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel like every time I watch Creek play, he seems to be going backwards.

Really doubt his ability to play at this level in the next 2-3 years the way he is going.

Reply #568897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only issue I've had with the refs tonight is the call on beal at half. Other than that fine.

Reply #568898 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And right on cue Jawai with the little tap on Sobeys face. Fair dinkum, what an idiot.

Reply #568899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai gets officiated really bady

Reply #568900 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

It's not Joey's fault we can't rebound. We should have played big tonight featuring a unit of DJ Petrie Walker Creek or Ere and Randle or Gibbo. This team honestly doesn't need Ere but he is handy occasionally. That import spot should go to a gritty rim protector like Charles Jackson.

Reply #568901 | Report this post

wouldn't be an Adelaide game without Petrie having a sook about someone. Doesn't matter who is playing he's sooking about something.

Reply #568902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smart coaching resting Randle and dj in the 4th once blown out

Reply #568903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could we grab Conklin for ebe?

Reply #568905 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

It is partly Joey Wrights fault for the lack of rebounding, he helped very heavily put this roster together, and they are very undersized even at full health. Ere needed to be 6'9++

Reply #568906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin and Prather are going to be a nightmare on defense with their hands and defensive abilities.

Reply #568907 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

DJ has 1 point tonight, you better believe there will be changes coming! Whatever is happening isnt working, thats surely not happened since his Tiger bench warmer days.

Reply #568908 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Way to serve up 40 minutes of garbage, 36ers

Reply #568911 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Let's play a drinking game..

Neck ya vessel everytime Brad Robbins interviews Prather and talks about him being extra-aggressive.

Reply #568912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth after that disgracefull effort in NZ payed more to their potential tonight. Having Martin and Prather in the backcourt together will make them a defensive dup to be feared.

They look so much better with Damo back in the starting lineup.

Reply #568913 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Adelaide should be proud gave them a a solid 17minutes of play....

Reply #568914 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Man Perth didn't have to do shit tonight, they cruised, this was a pencilled one for them. Adelaide's roster is not in the same category, we are fighting for 4-8th thats it.

Reply #568916 | Report this post

Stinkers  
Years ago

This 36ers team stinks, and it goes to the rubbish team selection, teys is ordinary, tries hard but average player, creek is good for doing dunks in the warm ups that's it, sobey is useless, ebi too fat, Johnson too soft and spends all game playing with his shorts, Gibson doesn't look like he gives a toss, Petrie must have the smallest human brain in the world, walker is a waste of an athlete, and then there is carlin! What the hell is that bloke doing on a basketball court, doesn't look like a basketball players left nut, can't catch, can't run, can't jump, can't set a screen, one time he tried to steal the ball from Randle! FML

Joey picked these guys so he is to blame

Reply #568917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis would look good in a Sixers uniform next year.

Reply #568918 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Our group for the last few minutes was Sobey, Teys, Creek, Ere and Walker. Wtf is that. Joey threw the towel in early in the fourth, god knows why. He's a moron sometimes.

Reply #568919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis is under contract and will get more minutes when Jawai goes to Brisbane

Reply #568920 | Report this post

Stinkers  
Years ago

It's the refs fault joeys team sucks

Reply #568921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey threw the towel in as they play Sunday. Smart move as series gone now vs Perth.

Reply #568923 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Well you let a overweight over aged unfit import into team and do nothing about it and wonder why the morale in team is crap and nobody wants to defend as Ere certainly can't even make out he is .
Crocs drop Conklin and we keep Ere what a joke these new owners are making our club look so un professional it is so frustrating where we as a club are heading .
If you make weak decisions it eats away at the whole club.
Yes there are other problems like what has happened to Creek and why is Gibson just wandering with the ball waving his arms around and not producing anything. Etc Etc
Why did we pick up 2 of the dumbest basketballs in Australia

Reply #568924 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Kyrie2Nation why would he risk injury to DJ, Gibson and Randle when they have another game? and you are calling him a moron......

Reply #568926 | Report this post

Stinkers  
Years ago

Why would you select carlin, he can't catch

Reply #568928 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

KingJames - No reason Petrie couldn't have been on the floor, Walker is bad enough playing at the 4 let alone at the 5 regardless of the scoreline.

Wright is more of a moron because he gave the game up early in the fourth. He had Carlin at the 5 and Walker at the 4 when there was 6 minutes to go, I mean come on.

Reply #568929 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Kyrie2Nation Petrie was on 4 fouls that is why he went off! Sixers were down by 22 with 6 minutes to go! Sixers are playing on Sunday! Simple concepts that you are not understanding.

Reply #568933 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

In Carlin's defence, he did have 6 boards in the first allotment of proper minutes he has ever had. I thought he was ok, definitely not the main reason for that display. And Joey had lost that game with lack of game plan long before the 4th quarter started. I feel like the moron for even vaguely giving them a chance!

Reply #568934 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Yes because I don't want my team to throw in the towel early in the fourth? I'm missing so much, right.

Reply #568936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better athlete between Prather and Ennis? Ennis is by far the better payer, but interms of better athlete it is a close call

Reply #568937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stick Ebi in a cannon and fire him at the sun and sign Conklin before the Hawks do.

We need size and we need toughness.

Reply #568938 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ebi is simply emabarssing as an import, and I'm so surprised more people haven't blown up at his lack of input. Ive been beating that drum all season and only now are other starting to admit he is done!!!

Reply #568941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other way around anon, ennis clearly the better athlete but prather may sneakily be the better all around player (based on Ennis nbl play only, he may have improved since). Worth noting that prather came here for his second pro season though whereas ennis was a rookie.

Reply #568942 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol

6ers are pure shit.

Reply #568943 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Jervis best third string C ever

Reply #568945 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Kyrie2Nation go find a professional game where a team is down by 22 with 6 minutes to go at an away stadium and won the game. It was a smart play by the coach to rest his players for the next game instead of chasing some unrealistic attempt at winning.

Reply #568946 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Wright gave the game up before the 6 minute mark.

Reply #568950 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Jervis best third string C ever"

Dunno about that. Don't forget the Titans had Anstey, Pepper & Wheeler at one point.

Reply #568951 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Luuuc I reckon id take Jervis over say Wheeler tbh... He is a great piece to have coming off that bench! Adelaide would be completely changed with him in the starting 5 as one example of a team who could benefit.

Reply #568957 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm certainly not knocking Jervis. He's definitely worthy of more minutes than he's getting right now. Nice problem to have for the Cats. It means Nate is free to foul himself out of games at will and we can cover him. Which is just as well, because I don't think Nate is capable of not fouling atm.

Reply #568958 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nate is as interesting to see perform as I anticipated but no where near as damaging. Guess its not noticed as much because every time he comes out, Jervis comes in and you guys lose nothing!

Reply #568959 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

How good is it having Damo back and wreaking havoc with his defence. So good to watch.

Reply #568960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis is the back up centre to Jawai.

Reply #568965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny is the back up point guard to Martin.

Reply #568966 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

People do realise Conklin is like 6ft5 or 6 if you need size it's not conklin

Reply #568976 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He plays as a big, the point is Adelaide need bigs. The Ebster is big but in a less athletic way.

Reply #568980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers would be smart to get Conklin.
You guys will miss playoffs with Ere.

Reply #568982 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Simply not good enough by the Sixers to give up 90 points and 17 offensive rebounds for 17 second chance points, whilst the Sixers themselves had ZERO second chance points.

That just points to a lack of effort.

Ebi had a poor game tonight but he isn't alone, Gibbo, DJ, Teys, Waxy and Creek all were quite ineffective for the minutes they had.

I don't think Ebi should be replaced, he still has a lot to offer the club. Moreover, if his contract is guaranteed now, it doesn't make financial sense to pay him out then go get Conklin.

The Sixers team as a collective played poorly tonight, so we cop it as a team and don't point fingers at individuals.

Lets re-group and its onwards and upwards from here.

I'm confident The Sixers will take United next game.

Reply #568984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers are goin to lose again if they don't fix defence and somehow establish a post game. They wont lose by 20 (because perth is a better overall team then the United) but willlose nontheless

Reply #568993 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Well we tried to make Adelaide feel at home by busting the scoreboard in the last quarter...

But why were Adelaide wearing their Pyjamas?

Reply #568996 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Marcus you are not serious are you about Ere are you about him having something to offer .
Even you must see that this poor excuse for a basketballer let alone a NBL import
is a over the hill and in poor physical condition and a total embarresment every time he puts a Sixers top on and his continued selection is like a bad germ eating through this team.
IfJoey and owners have any respect for their supporters and members then they must replace him to show they at least care about this club as half as much as we do.
Crocs with no chance of finals and even surviving are prepared to replace a import, then how stupid it looks with us putting up with this guy.
As a long time member i like all have supported through some tough times but I
am having a real problem having a import turning up to our club in such poor shape and so far unable to be competitive about any aspect of game and our total non movement to replace to me is exhausting my support enthusiasm.

Reply #569003 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

When DJ plays badly, Sixers can forget about winning. And he was really really bad last night.

Reply #569010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea i agree with Ebi needing to be replaced

I was supportive and defended his signing, hoping he would play like Penney has this season, given they are the same game, but it hasnt worked

We are half way though the season, if he hasnt got it together by now its time to move on

Go for a young import swingman like the Crocs are doing and see if we can unearth a gem.

I also dont mind the Conklin suggestion, if we want a known quantity, even though he isnt a swingman, his role would be to provide some grunt on the inside, rebound, hustle on defense, put the elbows away, and score when the opportunity is there, a bit of a dusty rychart type role

Reply #569029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think the 6ers have til Monday to move on Ebi without paying him a dime extra unless he has something in his contract. Enjoy his last game tomorrow then I'd say.

Reply #569043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the two month rule is in effect than yes Monday will be exactly two months since our first game of the season but probably means he needs to be cut today or tomorrow.

By Monday his contract would be fully guaranteed.

Reply #569045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come games end tomorrow just like mcnial would be the best way to utilise whatever he has left and get the money's worth. I'd expect it tomorrow unless there is some crazy come out party people have been waiting for.

Reply #569048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been saying for some time Gibbo is overrated as is Creek and Ebi, well if it weren't for Christopherson he would be the worst import we have had since I can remember.

Too much is left to Randle and DJ and that's a dangerous game as it only takes 1 bad night for either of them and it all falls apart - cue last night.

Any surprise the SF's for Perth dominated AGAIN - that's the position Ebi plays isn't it?!? FFS it's beyond laughable now!!!

Reply #569051 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Not only should he be sacked, id love to know why he has lasted this long. Seriously, the longer the club plays mum on this the more its a favour being granted to a coaches friend rather than any care about on court abilities.

Reply #569053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

attendance way down in perth this season must be a concern

Reply #569057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers should make there next alternate uniforms less like ref uniform colours. I reckon at least a couple of those many turnovers were caused by someone thinking out the corner of there eye that a ref was a player

Reply #569058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers are just flat out soft! As a supporter if you are losing you want your players to stand up for themselves and not let the opposition disrespect you while getting blown out!
When jawai slapped tobey on the face that was him saying I don't respect you and the whole 5 on the floor should've stood up to jawai and done more to show that we as a team are not going to stand for that crap!
Apart from Petrie who was the only one who showed some balls to stand up for some of jawai's dirty plays!
That's why we are shit at the moment! We don't have any toughness apart from Petrie.
Tobey is better than Gibson too!

Reply #569066 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't think the 6's were THAT bad.
There's a bit of luck in basketball, and things were rolling the Cats way last night.
DJ looked ok early, grabbed a couple of boards. Not sure what happened after that, I guess the Cats compensated and started blocking him out better.

I don't know too much about Ere, but he looked overweight and wasn't really contributing what you'd expect for an Import. Frankly he seemed barely up to "bench" quality, so I'm not sure why you're wasting an import spot on him?
Is it a budget issue?

Some weird reffing decisions. Went both ways, but possibly stilted Adelaide's momentum at times.

At the end of the day the 6's are competitive, but probably not where they were the past two seasons.

Reply #569071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we need a import swingman with game and swagger to help out Randle in this area if we are going to content, a bit like Hodge was when he first arrived, i remember one of his first games the kings coached by Goorj tried to rough us up a bit he just stood up to them and laughed at them and it rattled the kings cos there tactics were not working and we won the game, he was quoted saying something like 'im from Harlem nothing you guys can do can intimidate me'

James ennis and many of the top notch imports who have won titles was a bit like this also

Randle has the game and the attitude, but is small and is basically the only one

DJ has the game when he is on, but doesnt have the additude

The others are mostly a bit passive, Creek and Petrie have some grunt but not the games to take over and lead a team to victory.

Reply #569073 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Comes largely down to attitude with the 6ers IMO.
The gap between best & worst for talented guys like Gibbo & DJ is far too wide.
I really didn't think the Cats were that great last night, but the result never felt in danger either.
Randle can't win games by himself. A little help please.

Reply #569075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also think DJ neeeds to play the pf spot, he doesnt have the grunt to dominate the key way, especially defensively and being a defensive presence inside is one of the most important things for a C imo. Which is one reason Reesy was so successful, didnt have DJ's game but had the grunt inside

I hope we recruit an aussie big with grunt in the off season

I think DJ has the mobility to play pf in the NBL, a bit like a Dirk in the NBA,

if he doesnt and has to play c im not sure we will really be able to win titles with him as our main big guy on defense, Petrie hustles hard in this area, but he is smaller than the top C's and is getting older, so i hope we are on the look out

Hodgson has potential to do this, but needs to play alot more and to do that needs to learn how to foul less and also has injury concerns over his career.

I hope we find another big to play this role with Hodgson and play DJ mostly at PF.

Guys like Gibson are good solid players, but not stars, the bigger issue is we may have rated them and paid them like stars, not all their fault, hurting our ability to recruit others and meaning we have to go cheaper on the import spots, so i hope we correct this, id rather lose some of our good role players and be able to get a strong import combo next season than overpay to keep them.

Always plenty of role players out there, guys like gibson are useful and important, espeically if we can get them at the right price, but getting a couple of stars and fixing up our defense is more important imo.

Reply #569080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly Luuc, whihc is why i want us to get a import swingman with game and swagger to help with the attitude

If only Hodge had worked out better, he provided these things.

Reply #569081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also hope ownership were watching back when we let Chappel go mid season and bought in Hodge, it changed the dymanic of the season, we started winning regularly and were getting much bigger crowds,

It may help cover any extra costs involved in making the move if they get it right, if thats an issue

We need that same type of move made now imo or we will struggle to hold onto 4th spot

Reply #569082 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"I think DJ has the mobility to play pf in the NBL, a bit like a Dirk in the NBA"

An ageing Matty Knight still goes just fine at PF so I've got no doubt DJ can play there effectively.

Reply #569084 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Agree DJ needs to move the 4 however too late to this season. Adelaide should try get a good 5 in - Aussie or import even someone like Burston would help big time.

Reply #569096 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

They had Schenscher and never played him. Joey doesnt like the bigs, its run run run and thats about it.

Reply #569097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey played Bradtke in Brisbane and Brayshaw in GC.

Reply #569123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BTW Damien Martin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gibbo

Reply #569124 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

When discussing Ebi's production in this team we need to keep it within context.

When Ebi was announced (sight unseen) I, as with others, were concerned about his age. I had an inkling that he would not be the go to 20 ppg guy that people are expecting from an Import.

This was confirmed when we realised his conditioning needed some work and again when we saw how Joey utilised Ebi.

With such Australian talent in the team Ebi doesn't have to be that 20ppg guy to be valuable to the Sixers.

I would consider DJ and Gibbo to be our Tier 1 scorers. Followed by (at the time) McNeal, Ebi, Creek, Waxy and Creek as the next Tier.

Now that changed with Randle, so now your top tier of scorers would be Randle, DJ and Gibbo. Creek should also be developing to become a major part of the Sixer plans.

Considering the above, Joey is probably OK with Ebi's production. I would add the disclaimer that his percentages are not up to standard.

I am still willing to give Ebi the benefit of the doubt because he has shown incremental improvements throughout the year (albeit with some regressions along the way). He is a great veteran presence on the court and in the locker room (such intangibles should not be dismissed lightly).

The Sixers remain 4th and haven't totally clicked yet.

I am confident that there is another gear to this team and Ebi can form a significant part of that push into the playoffs.

Its exciting times for this team as it faces tough challenges and hopefully bring out the best in the players.

Onwards and upwards team.

Reply #569125 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

The percentages are the main concern with Ere atm for me.

Reply #569128 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Gibson is not a top tier scorer hasn't been for last few seasons, creek has not shown leading into this season that he was going to grow into a scorer. The import combo of Ebi and mcnial would've been a disaster. Thankfully Randle came along. Ebi is a passenger cashing pay checks. If joey is happy with input then he needs to go too. His performances have been inexcusable. He can't make shots he is here to make shots maybe not score 20 but he needs to provide more than 2 field goals in 22 minutes of play. He needs to be replaced then it has the chance to be onwards and upwards.

Reply #569133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats exactly the problem Marcus is we should never rate Gibson a star or a top tier scorer.

Gibson is a very good role player, but not a top tier player, especially not a scorer. One of our issues is we have treated him like a star and paid him as such which makes it impossible to spend on 2 top notch imports which we need if we want to win titles.

I was a fan a fan of the Ebi signing, but i expected him to average something along the lines of 15 pts and shoot around 40%+ FG, 35% 3pt, which he has well and truely fallen short of, i expected him to be on par of Kirk Penney, Penney has overachieved, Ebi has underachieved. I was prepared to be patient for 3 or 4 games, as he asdjusted back to the league, but as a veteran he needed to do this quickly and he hasnt picked up and there is no up side in persisting with a veteran import as you wouldnt want to bring him back next season either way, imagine if we replaced him with a young athletic small forward, even a Torrey Craig or a Casey Prather type, we would have won a couple of extra games imo.

Imo if we want to contend we need DJ as our 3rd best player, we need a import guard and swingman scoring 15-20 a game imo and playing more PF than C, defensively, so we need another big body with some grunt to play C and 2 good imports.

We cant do this paying Gibson and others like stars when they are more role players.

We probably cant get the big guy this year, id try and find a aussie for this role, btu we could sign a young swingman and see if we can find a gem, if nothing else as a trial for next season,

Reply #569156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to eat my words on Prather from the start of the season. He is really impressing me now both with his improved jumper and aggressiveness.

Cats got it right here and I'm loving the Beal/Prather duo now. Not quite to Ennis/Beal levels but it's getting better with every game.

Reply #569208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same, if only 6ers could have import duos like them along with their solid aussie core

Reply #569225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers weak as p_ss as always lol

Reply #569398 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754