Anonymous
Years ago

CLB trialled in@ Nunawading

It's getting closer with a few successful trial games played over the weekend.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/moneyballs-fourpointers-on-show-as-champions-league-basketball-tests-new-rules-20160117-gm7lbh.html

Topic #38833 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked great

Reply #573794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm still not sold on the concept, nor how this is considered to be a 'revolution.' From what I saw it was a re-introduction of rules that FIBA dropped years ago mixed in with a money ball gimmick originally used in High Stakes Hoops. Great for one off showcases but hardly substantial enough to base a mini season around. Whilst the NBL is still far from perfect, I think given the improvements LK has made this season and potential expansion over the next few years, CLB will struggle to make any significant impact on the basketball market.

Reply #573812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is that, when it's not played during the NBL season?

Reply #573815 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So a bunch of kids got together and played with some modified rules?
Yeah, that;s the way to launch a new national league. ROFL.

I am seriously getting tired of people saying "lets make a Big Bash version of Basketball." Do they even understand what Cricket is?

That's not to say there may not be ways of improving the appeal of Basketball, nor that it may not be possible to introduce an new competition. But talking about a "Big Bash version of Basketball" is the very definition of nonsensical.

The extension of this fixation seems to be the notion that the biggest challenge facing a professional Basketball league in this country is only a matter of tweaking a few rules.

Reply #573858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trialling the proposed system isn't launching it Dazz. It's proposed to get off the ground in 2017 and makes perfect sense to get a feel for the game, the running of the game and at a basic level. I am sure Dazz that if and when it's launched you will know about it.

Reply #573863 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I think it's smart to give it a run beforehand, so many times things are just pushed out there and they hope for the best, it shows that those in charge are doing what they can beforehand to get a better idea how it will play out and then can give them a chance to tweak things...

Reply #573912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:26 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754