Train
Years ago

NBL Ladder on NBL website

NBL website ss showing 36ers on 11 wins and 10 losses in 4th position with Breakers on 11wins and 9 losses in 5th position.

The positioning looks correct but I could of sworn that it should be Breakers on 10 losses and 36ers on 9 losses.

Am I missing something or is the website admin on crack?

Topic #38840 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

36ers are 11 and 9

Reply #573897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The nbl website via a browser is correct but the phone app is wrong

Reply #573898 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Looks like the got on to it as the ladder is correct now :P

Reply #573911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No - the nbl app still has Breakers in 4th spot on the same win/loss as Adelaide

Reply #573914 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

No i meant it was not correct on the website via a browser when I posted this last night and meant they must of corrected it as it showing the correct records now.

Reply #573930 | Report this post

They also have the Wildcats above the Hawks. They have the same W/L record but the Hawks % is superior. Are they separating tied teams mid-season based on the the season series now?

Reply #573936 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Cats own the series against the Hawks regardless of how the last game pans out so maybe that comes into consideration. Bit weird though, you would think points % would be the logical factor used until all games have been played.

Reply #573967 | Report this post

If they are already taking in to account the season series then the % becomes obsolete for the mid-season ladder. Its just a stat.

Reply #573978 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I have never understood why the NBL ladder shows and uses percentage. It has no meaning or purpose.
As I understand it, it would come into play only if teams are tied 2-2 and the points split is zero?
Until teams have played each other, better just to say that they are equal.

Reply #574061 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If they are already taking in to account the season series then the % becomes obsolete for the mid-season ladder. Its just a stat.
It's possibly they're using the Perth/Illawarra split because it's already decided for the season at 3-0, whereas they'd use percentage if the split was still live?

Reply #574078 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754