Hendo8888
Years ago

Site bug?

Is it only me, or is this site automatically backing out every time you open a page?
You open the site, or a thread, then once the page loads it jumps back to the page you were on before.
Only way I can open and read pages is by loading new tabs.
It's only happening on this site for me, which is weird.

Topic #38912 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Second report of this. Which browser? Might have started after I moved DNS to CloudFlare.

Reply #575702 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

It's happening to me too Isaac, Firefox on the desktop,

Reply #575704 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The other report was Firefox also.

Last few weeks, or been happening for longer than that?

Does it happen reliably? Every time? e.g., if I made a change and asked you to check, could you reliably confirm the fix or would it be a bit ambiguous?

Reply #575705 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can you check now? I've disabled CloudFlare's Rocket Loader and auto-minifying.

Reply #575708 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, that seems to have fixed it for me, thanks mate.

Reply #575710 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Yeah, seems happy for me now.
Bug only started for me yesterday, on FF browser.

Reply #575711 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I still get this 'Error 1.1583.1.' when I try and post anonymously?

Reply #575713 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep same, FF starting late Sunday.

Reply #575714 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'm the same as Hendo, not Zodiac!

Reply #575715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Double Clutch here - thought I would test the anon post bug too. Firefox error is gone now. Started sometime on the weekend for me and occurred every time.

Reply #575716 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Were you logged in, when you got that error Zodiac? You still need to be logged in, even to post as Anonymous.

Reply #575717 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Zodiac, there will probably be more instructions with the error number that tell you the issue.

Reply #575718 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Happened to me on my PC Saturday night & Sunday using Firefox.

However I had no issues on the tablet Sunday using Chrome.

No issues yesterday or today using Firefox on PC @ work.

Reply #575719 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

FWIW - I've had the same problem and it started a few weeks ago. I use Fireffox on my laptop and use the NoScript extension. When the problem first started, I played with the blocked/allowed sites in Noscript. The problem went away when I blocked Cloudflare. It came back whe I re-enabled it. So I've been running with Cloudflare blocked.

I'm on Safari on a mobile device at the moment and can't check your fix, Isaac.

Reply #575721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've never tried that Hendo

Reply #575726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That seemed to work so you just can't post totally anonymously anymore, now I get it.

Reply #575727 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The forced registration is only for some IPs. However, they're IPs used by big ISPs and often for mobile users, I think.

You can register and login, and then use a blank name/email if you insist. I've managed to survive using my real name on here for the last 10+ years.

Bug definitely looked to be related to Firefox and CloudFlare's Rocket Loader, which I've now disabled.

Reply #575740 | Report this post

Whenever I try and post anonymously I find that all of the punctuation drops out of my post and it becomes garbled. Is that normal?

Reply #575742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac it's not so much a need to post anonymously more the rigmarole of needing to sign in at the top and then needing to do it again to post something.

Reply #575744 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

happened to me all day monday... every time.. fixed now

Reply #575751 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

I'm seeing this bug where these annoying Perth fans keep posting their opinions ;p

Reply #575812 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Yeah, I had the same issue on Firefox, the automatic backpage. It's why I posted three times in one thread. It seemed to start a couple of days ago.
Coupled with that, I would randomly get the "a script on this page has stopped responding" error.

I use firefox on windows 7.
The backpage issue was consistent, and appears to be gone now.

Reply #575815 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Firefox just kept reloading the current page for me after a while. Never affected anything, I'd just have to right click on the back button and actually select the previous page rather than just hitting the back button, as several iterations of the current page got inserted in between.

That's not happening anymore either, so I'm assuming it's related to the issues others have mentioned. Same thing happened to another site I frequent when they started using CloudFlare.

Reply #575824 | Report this post

Cuzzie  
Years ago

Works fine in IE n Edge

Reply #575843 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754