Statman
Years ago

Beers / Dinner before 36ers Home Games

Been a looooong while since Ive been able to get to a 6ers home game and looking for advice on where is close these days for pre game drinks and maybe dinner. Is the restaurant upstairs open before games or is it best to hit up a local pub?

Also what time do doors open and players get into warm-ups for midweek games

Topic #38913 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the restaurant is open before games. I usually eat afterwards in town though. The area around the stadium is not really known for its pubs...

Reply #575732 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I usually head into china town after the game, places there stay open pretty late. Not much in the area for before the game in my experience.

Reply #575736 | Report this post

Skip  
Years ago

It's like $28 for a buffet meal upstairs before the game.

I would recommend pre booking.

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/bistro-bookings/

Reply #575737 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Bistro is pretty good. I always try to have at least one meal there a season to spread the love.

As far as a beer is concerned, the NE bar at the stadium is pretty good for a laugh.

Depending own where you live, North Adelaide is always good. Not too sure if the Sixers have a restaurant sponsor, but if they do, pop in there and let them know you've been to the game. They will appreciate the feedback from a fan, and you'll find they might through in some drinks or food on the house. A season or two ago there was a place at Port Adelaide who sponsored. Popped in there after the game and had a good old yack with the owner who really appreciated seeing some fans after the game (made his sponsorship worthwhile) He knocked off about 50% because we made the time to see him.

Reply #575754 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Good thinking Jack, am staying in Nth Adelaide so beers pregame there will probably be the best bet before heading to the game. NE bar will no doubt get a fair run as well!

Reply #575758 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Pre-game food wise - Liquid Expresso on the corner of Crittendon and Grange Roads is another option. I've eaten there and had a reasonable experience. They also serve alcohol and possibly cheaper and better range than what is offered at the stadium.

A more casual option is Bad Boy Burger Bar on the corner of Grange Road and East Terrace, as well as Tana Café (right next to BBBB). I've not dined at either venue so can't comment on quality but the Bad Boy have advertising within the Arena.

Reply #575760 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

can't beat La Vita Ristorante on Grange Rd...fantastic food and always busy

Reply #575766 | Report this post

:  
Years ago

I like the bistro upstairs at the stadium - music, food is good and then straight into a court side seat.... like a bossman

Reply #575771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a sponsor of the '6ers close by who everyone can support?

That's where I would be going.

Reply #575772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fasta Pasta pre game, see Boti there all the time. Simple cheap and near the stadium on Henley Beach rd.

Reply #575775 | Report this post

:  
Years ago

Whilst we are on the topic I preferred the station wagon with alloy wheels bear

Reply #575784 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

North Adelaide is your best bet for food if you're already there! If you want to eat closer to the venue, I'll second La Vita. Good Italian style cafe. My experience of Bad Boy is not great, so can't recommend that. Burger Foundry on Henley Beach Rd, Torrensville is much better!

Reply #575832 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thanks all, plenty of options, no doubt I wont go thirsty....

now fingers crossed for a triple overtime thriller!

Reply #575835 | Report this post

DayBreak  
Years ago

Bad boy burger bar is below the quality you'd expect from your local fish and chip shop but at triple the price. Absolutely shocking. La vita is fantastic

Reply #575837 | Report this post

The Stag!

Reply #575841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad Boy Burger and Fish n chips. Only in SA.

Reply #575842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to help but I'm more of a wine guy.

Reply #576069 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754