Isaac
Years ago

GS Warriors 'serious' threat to sign Kevin Durant

Apparently the Warriors think they're a chance. Here's Woj's article and how they could potentially add a max player to a championship team.

In a nutshell, he wants to win championships. With the Warriors, he could increase the chances of doing that.

As for the financial realities:
- keep Curry, Klay and Draymond for $44m
- keep Livingston
- keep Ezeli
- trade Iggy (risky IMO as he is a key player for them)
- trade Bogut or stretch his contract over multiple seasons
- drop Barnes
- drop the others like Speights, Rush, etc

As asked in the article, would you trade Barnes, Iguodala and Bogut for Durant?

Topic #38919 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol no.
Gsw Offense is already really good.
Durant doesn't play well on the other end.
Iggy, Barnes and Bogut do.

Reply #575852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't disrupt the chemistry. Championship team that is still miles ahead of the rest of the league doesn't need a guy to come in and take 20 shots a game and take ball away from the MVP and Klay

Reply #575853 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This is simple, there is not enough ball for Durant in this team!

Reply #575856 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

It would be a tough decision as they would be gutting their bench and have to rely on vets coming for the minimum.

If it came to the point when Durant has decided to go to GSW I think it will be via a trade.
Otherwise he would have destroyed OKC on the way out.
I am sure OKC would be happy to get Barnes, Iggy and Ezeli for Durant.

They would probably look at trading Westbrook soon after to get max value for him before he also bailed.
Maybe to the Clippers for Griffin and a strengthfitness coach :)

Or the Lakers for Russell and 2019 1st rd pick.

Reply #575857 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Totally unnecessary by GSW.

If i'm the Thunder i'm losing sleep every night though - they have Durant and Westbrook approaching free-agency.

It's unlikely both will re-sign IMO.

It's possible neither will re-sign.

They obviously don't want to be forced into a trade now because they still have a chance this year (though they won't win it i'm 100% sure of it), but they also don't want both to walk in FA.

Best hope they have is to just re-sign them now.

Reply #575859 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A straight up trade Durant for Klay (+ pieces) might work, but why mess with the chemistry?

Reply #575864 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Barnes, Iguodala and Bogut for Durant (and presumably a couple of vets on Minimum wage)?

That depends- would they have the MLE? (Sorry, havent read the article).

Can they find someone willing to take a pay cut ala David West at The Spurs?

If so, maybe do it. But if they think not, and they think they'll get two bench dwellers plus Durant then no, it's a bad idea.

Reply #575877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they should. With Curry and Durant they are automatic contenders for the next 6-8 years. Guys like Iggy and Bogut are very important to the current team's success but they are both getting towards the latter stages of their careers.

Reply #575882 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd think with putting together a roster that strong, veterans playing cheap would line up to join the run. Chemistry/defence would be the risk.

Reply #575895 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

1) How do you 'drop' a player? I've never heard that term before in the NBA. I've never known of a player to get 'dropped.' Is this a feature of the new CBA?

2) Where is Wojnarowski from? Is he Australian? If he's Australian, how did he end up writing about the NBA in America? How did get that done?

Reply #575931 | Report this post

You've never heard of Woj?

Reply #575938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warrioooooors don't need Durant.

Reply #575979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well according to the Wildcats world record experts there are only two countries in the world AU & US so Woj must be from one of the two.

Reply #576068 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Yeah no, it's just that Woj is talked about so often here and his articles talked about so often here that I assumed he must be Australian.

Reply #576084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754