Ricky
Years ago

Money Money Money

No surprises here.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-12/the-money-in-australian-sport-is-in-the-afl

Topic #38972 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

money doesn't buy class

Reply #577299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The average AFL pay packet would still trail the average Australian cricketers annual salary"

strange you didn't mention the cricket. another aflfanboy

Reply #577300 | Report this post

kingpodge  
Years ago

no can it buy you freedom from doping rules!

Reply #577301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh just realised it's an article from afl.com.au

Explains why the A-League average is lower than it really is. Interesting article but the source means it will skew facts to benefit AFL.

Reply #577302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm rolling my eyes at how the afl.com.au journalist knows so intimately about NBL salary info.

Reply #577305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

excludes potential earnings overseas.

As mentioned its an AFL puff piece to further their destruction of every other sporting code in Australia.

AFL = The Coles/Woolies of the sporting landscape

Reply #577320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the AFL stats also don't include rookie listed payments which will bring the average down.

Reply #577325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sucks all that money is being given to players who play in a league that isn't in danger of crumbling every year

Reply #577338 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

If you considered Australia's best basketballers compared to the AFLs best, we have about half a dozen crushing the footy guys. I wouldn't mind seeing an average of all the Australian NBL, Euro and NBA guys.

Reply #577537 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Why bother comparing the top competition in one country when it isn't a world recognised game, even the NRL is played at the elite level in other countries, the AFL has no competition (here in Aus)...

Reply #577557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you comparing the best Aussie basketballers to footy players in? Basketball skills? No shit they'd win.

An average NBL player wouldn't get near the end of the bench of a decent leagues team

Reply #577558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's the other way around. Josh Jenkins and Dean Brogan are end of bench guys in the NBL who have done well in AFL.

Reply #577560 | Report this post

I assumed he was talking about salaries.

Reply #577563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754