Anonymous
Years ago

BigV Game Video Uploads

Round 1 was completed a week ago and many game videos are still missing creating a disadvantage to those who have uploaded the videos as requested. Will BigV be handing out fines?

Topic #39190 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Logical answer is yes, so they won't.

Reply #583773 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If they don't hand out fines this week it will make a joke of the process, i think the idea is great but it will all come down to big v making it work.

Reply #583777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V do not think before they act. Never have.

I am very annoyed, my Rd1 game has been available for viewing from Tuesday last week but my Rd 2 opponent's Rd 1 game is still not uploaded.

Process needs to change.

I suggest all games are loaded as "PRIVATE". The page administrator is then sent an email requesting access to a particular game and link provided. Once all games from a Rd are uploaded status of all games are changed from "PRIVATE" to "PUBLIC"

If you have not uploaded a required game you are banned from receiving any future games until said game is uploaded.

Reply #583783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What divisions are we talking about, is this all Big V and Youth league or just Championships?

Reply #583785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All Divisions.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVLezydfr85yjvIbk4XxOrA

Reply #583786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must say the Big V web site is the worst it has ever been in the history of the Big V.

Live Stats are missing for many games.
No Magazine an more.
No Big V TV
Poor game recaps, might as well just read the stats.
Front page is horrible and not user friendly.

Is this a cost saving exercise or has something drastically changed in management?

I could go on, I think I have had enough though!

Reply #583787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Went on to previous season game stats to check out a player also and they have disappeared.

League site needs urgent attention in many areas.

Reply #583795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the idea of all games loaded onto a youtube channel is a good one in theory, but where is the link from the Big V website?

Also, if every game is not loaded, it kind makes a mockery of the idea.

Reply #583809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree, maybe the Big V league need to not release the round of games for viewing until all games are uploaded to at least make it a level playing field.

Reply #583810 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, Big V TV is back, happy with that...

Reply #583948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only about 10-15% of games are online, so where is the advantage to those teams who do post, whereas those who don't?

This process has its upside and was probably a good idea, but the Big V is in such a mess with this and the statistics/livestats that it is fast becoming a shamble.

Reply #584100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easier said than done. You need to sit through a 2.5 hour presentation that includes an awful lot of detail, before you even look to begin uploading videos.

I have set aside 3 hours of my week to go through it this week. I am in IT and there is a lot to go through, god help a club volunteer with no experience in this area.

The actual session on video upload was organised the week before round 1. If the BIG V were going to start fining clubs for springing this on them in this manner, that would be a bit rich.

The idea is a good one, but it's implementation will require a fair amount of work and effort from volunteers at respective clubs. This is not the clubs fault, if you want to sheet blame somewhere, the answer is pretty obvious.

Reply #584131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

11hrs upload time using personal internet this weekend for 2 1080p 1.5Hr games. Thanks Telstra Mobile for free data this week.

45 mins each to Handbrake

9hrs upload time on YouTube.

Unacceptable.

This idea was not sprung on clubs it was forced down clubs throats at AGM.

When are club delegates going to stand up to this out of touch Board and CEO and vote them out. Everyone sat in that room at the SBC in November and didn't use their voice.

Reply #584135 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754