AngusH
Years ago

Kings sign Mirko Djeric

According to an email from the Sydney Kings.

Unexpected, but I'm OK with it as a spot bench player/spark-plug.

Topic #39420 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic Mirko right here

Reply #587910 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Unexpected? It's been in talks for weeks. He's a decent, young player with his best basketball ahead of him. He is set to learn a lot from the quality guards on the team

Reply #587915 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Unexpected for me - I hadn't seen anything about it on here or elsewhere (although I haven't been checking much during this slower part of the offseason).

Watched him a ton last year thanks to all the televised games, and he seems like the kind of guy you leave on the court if he knocks down his first 3, and sub him off if he doesn't.

Reply #587917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So when are they announcing the rest of the development players?

Reply #587921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great kids but he need to decide on what position he's plays. Hopefully under Vickerman he can finally get his
NBL career on track.

Reply #587922 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Signing doesn't move the needle for me. I honestly thought last season that he was lucky to have a spot in the league.

Assuming the Kings got him cheap. Doubt he'll get much time anyways.

Reply #587938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Djeric can only play the two guard doesn't handle the ball well enough for the point.
It does seem a strange signing other than he's a Sydney boy.

I hope Lisch plays good D because of the six signed already he's the only one that is excellent at it. They need a five man to back up, three man back up and one/two guard.
Kazzu/ import
Hill/Garlepp
Newley/ import or local
Import/Djeric
Lisch/Cadee
Cadee could play the two as well, there imports had better be good or it ain't getting better.

Reply #587940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Underwhelming.

Reply #587941 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Good signing. I believe he was the youngest Aussie in the league last year, so his best basketball is miles ahead of him. When he was on last season he played some good ball, as with all young players he needs to produce closer to his best more often, but I think he is well worth the investment.

Reply #587944 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

He's around the same age as Te Rangi but I think has more X factor to him so I think it's s good signing. I think he could be an Aaron Trajair type with worse handles but could have the occasional explosive match winning game.

Glad to have him stay in the league... Could be a contender for Most Improved Player

Reply #587951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glorified chucker that loves a celebration a little bit too much. That pretty much sums him up.

Reply #587957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #587940

I agree with you Lisch the only good Kings defender. Gaze couldn't guard his shadow at the Tigers and Lanard was thinking about Alley Oops to excite the crowd. I expect them to play little defense tying to out score the opposition.

Reply #587958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weren't the comments on here last season that Djeric was the " worst player " ever to plat Nbl.. Strange selection.

Reply #587989 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Not interested what you anon muppets think. Get a handle & stand behind your bonehead comments.

Reply #587997 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^^^ x2.

Reply #587998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunder Jam, because someone is with a handle like say, Thunder jam is so much more credible. Seems a bit of a nothing signing. Im assuming he was basically going to be in Sydney looking for work anyways, and the King gave him a very cheap life line.

Reply #588026 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yes, actually. Because the more you visit this site and see the posts made by named users, you learn who is full of shite and who actually knows what they're talking about. The majority of crap comes from anonymous users, and so all anonymous posts have the same credibility - ie. none.

Reply #588028 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Djeric was an absolute gun right through juniors. Most rated him far more highly than Cadee. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten how to play. In the right environment he may just be a late bloomer. Definitely still worth a chance

Reply #588033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunder Jam & AngusH my dream is to be a basketball expert like you both. NOT!

Reply #588035 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not claiming to be an expert, just stating a fact.

Reply #588037 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Anyone that can knock down threes has value, and he's got OK size for the 2 guard spot. Not sure what else he does at this stage, but he's what, 21 years old? Would still have a year or two of college left if he'd gone that route, plenty of time to develop the rest of his game. Good low risk/high reward signing.

Reply #588038 | Report this post

Oberon 95  
Years ago

Good pick up this kid. Plays with heart and hustle, knocks the 3, will be crowd favourite. The kind of player I call 'a difference maker'

Reply #588040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AngusH

Totally agree with you. He has had some bad luck over the last couple years which hindered his development. Hopefully this season with the kings he can get his mind and body back 100% and play a vital role on the team.

He need to think about what position he'll play and IMO it's the 2 guard like you said. Not doubt at the very least, he will be a good role player off the bench that will bring much needed energy.

Reply #588042 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754