Isaac
Years ago

Thon Maker drafted tenth by Bucks

Great result for him. Talk was tending later or even second round.

Topic #39542 | Report this topic

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

Wow.

Reply #589878 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wow, excellent result for Thon.

Reply #589879 | Report this post

TimeTravelingGoat  
Years ago

#1 reddit post was

Bucks needed some veterans.

I lol'd

Reply #589884 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have to pay that.

Reply #589894 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wonder why the Bucks didn't trade down a few notches and still take Maker? Boston could've done the same with their picks.

Reply #589909 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I read that being drafted 10th is likely worth $5.2M US in guaranteed money over the first two years (prior to team options for third and fourth years). Nice pay day for Thon.

Reply #589912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect somebody else might make a claim for a share of that pay day.

Reply #589914 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

^ hahah yeah how much does edwardo get?

Reply #589916 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

from other thread

swish
"Now wouldn't it be great to see the Bucks send Thon Maker to spend a season in the NBL! Thats what NBA teams should be doing with their "project player"."

The question is, how did Swish know that Perth have spoken with the Bucks about doing exactly this, and he will be listed as a development player on minimum NBL salary, and its all good to go, no salary implications, no import limits breached, and no problems with the old player points system. he'll be a perfect fit fit for them.

Reply #589922 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't think they drafted him 10th to stash him.

Reply #589925 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Taking a guy at 10 there is no chance he gets stashed, with the standard of the dleauge improving he aint going nowhere!

Reply #589926 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Any other "Aussies" taken?

And a serious question, since I don't follow NBA: Is somebody taken at #10 expected to make an immediate impact (even off the bench)? Or do they expect them to start in the D-League and work their way up?

Below what point (eg say 2nd round) would you expect the players to be more likely to be stashed and therefore potentially available?

Reply #589930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any first round pick you'd think should be getting drafted to step straight into the rotation. This draft was fairly week after the top couple, hence lots of high risk high upside players getting picked early. Thon got picked for his potential, not his ability to step in straight away and make a difference, so it's possible he'll play d league, but won't be stashed anywhere. 2nd round picks are definitely draft and stash candidates

Reply #589931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could the bucks be the longest team ever?

Reply #589933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. Their defensive strategy will be to all hold hands at half court and force 8 second violations.

Henson 7'6
Giannis 7'3
Monroe 7'2
Jabari 7'0
Middleton 6'11
MCW 6'7

Plus now Thon 7'2

Reply #589934 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Wow! That is huge.

And they're probably all better than Shawn Bradley was (7'6").

Perhaps one of those twin or triple or whatever towers might be the next Kareem. (LOL)

Reply #589938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those are wingspans, not height

Reply #589940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754