AngusH
Years ago

Preseason: Kings vs Washington U.

Looking forward to this tonight, although no idea which Kings are suiting up. Obviously no Lisch & Maric, and Khazzouh will still be out, so I guess it's going to be a handful of DPs/fringe guys, Cadee/Garlepp/Newley/Hill and Bryson if he's in town?

Topic #39753 | Report this topic

Waston  
Years ago

That means expect No Defense will be played by the Kings and Washington should smash the Kings!

Reply #594198 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Still no word from anyone if Bryson is in town, which is a little bit frustrating... Hate dragging the chain with imports coming in and not getting enough pre-season with the team...

Reply #594216 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

Here is the live stats link for the match. 7.00pm tipoff.

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/68067/17/52/78/59EjCejUMF4vg/

Reply #594229 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Looks like no Bryson according to the boxscore. That's a shame. Some familiar names, good to see Prewster on the (preseason) roster.

Reply #594237 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

No stream?

Reply #594283 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

Kings declined the offer of a free stream.

Reply #594286 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings 96, Huskies 86. Scores level after three quarters.

Cadee 32, Newley 23, Prewster, Hill 11.
Fultz 20, Green 15, Dickerson 14, Atewe 10

Cadee 11/16 FG inc 6/10 3P.
Fultz 7/28 FG. Dickerson 14 boards in 16:40.

Reply #594302 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I wonder who was guarding Fultz? Cadee doing what he does against sub-professional competition. Maybe this is the season for him??

Reply #594303 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well, that got a bit heated. Not sure what started it, but Garlepp/Newley/Prewster were all getting stuck into it with the Washington bigs (and Newley with the Washington coaching staff at one point) and a few times it flared up. After the end of game handshakes the Kings were huddled on centrecourt and the Washington big who was most fired up got stuck into it again and the Washington coach had to come out and order him and the rest of the team back to the locker room.

I guess it's the same story each year with the college teams - I'm sure they come out to Australia expecting to stomp some professional teams.

Kings were severely undersized with Hill/Garlepp starting at the 4/5 against a couple of solid Washington bigs, and we also played some pretty decent stretches with 5 guys on the court who likely won't be on the roster this season.

Cadee was Curry-esque tonight, Newley found his stroke late but looked a bit rusty, Hill was OK, Prewster was really solid, and Tommy got his jumper blocked a few times but got his own back with a few really nice blocks too.

Some of the DP/non-roster guys were interesting. Faithful was strong on D as usual and Moller actually had a good impact as a rebounder/shot blocker. I don't know the story behind Isaac Turner - sounded like he had an American accent? Is he an import? I think he would probably be kicking himself that he missed so many good looks from deep, because he looked like he might be a solid option as a cheaper import to give depth at PG.

Reply #594310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Watson for your crap input.

Reply #594311 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cadee guarded Fultz quite a bit and the Kings did OK on D, but Fultz took some bad shots too, and drove right into traffic a whole heap. I was more impressed by their big who gobbled up every rebound that came his way... Looking at the box it must have been Dickerson.

Reply #594312 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, Noah Dickerson, he's a beast, and has a nice touch on his jumper too. Also like the look of Malik Dime, their other strongly built forward, real meat and potatoes guy.

Impressed to hear that Cadee took on the job on Fultz and did well, suggests he's serious about improving that part of his game.

Reply #594321 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Angus......Turner has been playing Waratah League for Sutherland for the past couple of years...and yes he's American

Reply #594461 | Report this post

Waston  
Years ago

This Saturday's lotto numbers:
73, 105, 51, 80, 644, 0. Supplementary: 3.14

Reply #594463 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ahh, thanks Duke Fan.

Reply #594502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754