Anonymous
Years ago

The Melbourne United will win the Chip

I know its only pre season, but I've seen every team so far except New Zealand and i don't see anyone matching them.

I seen them versus Cairns, They've fixed all their needs from last season.

The only thing that will stop them is Selfishness and if everyone doesn't buy in.

In saying that i think they have too much, but that will cover if someone gets injured.

I also think Demopolous needs to run some kind of offence or it will back fire.

Good post play( Wesley, Andersen, Williams, Majok, Barlow)

Good Shooters( Goulding, Barlow, Blanchfield, Anderrsen)

Best Pg in the Game in Jackson and he competes, Hates to lose and a championship winner.

Moore will be a great combo guard, very solid.

Williams is a beast on the boards.

I don't think you can buy a championship, but this may be an exception.

Put ur money on them. BUY IN HAS TO HAPPEN THOUGH.

THOUGHTS??????

Topic #39907 | Report this topic

snooch  
Years ago

Wait until everyone has all their players before declaring champions in pre-season

Reply #598652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but I've seen every team so far except New Zealand and i don't see anyone matching them."
Magic carpet is always handy. Drugs too.

Reply #598656 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

They have a lot of multi position players as well and you have to think that is a bonus but maybe not on this team as they have to share the one ball.

I don't see them being dismantled like last season but do they have enough mongrel this time around?

I love Blanchfield's game but will be prosper in this team or go further into his shell?

What Majok will turn up, the one we seen in 20-5 (October - December) or the one from this year (January - March) who was a totally different player?

I know this team is deep enough that worse case scenarios for both the questions above could be both negatives and they could still win but wouldn't they rather all their guns blazing?

Reply #598659 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I agree, sadly. They are too versatile and have too many weapons. Even their development player is better than some players on official rosters. The league will be competitive but it will take a big slip up to stop them from taking it out I think.

Reply #598661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is it possible to have seen every team and every players except NZ?

Reply #598665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if this guy says so. I'll throw $1k on them and continue to put more on throughout the season. Thanks heaps for the Intel!!

Reply #598671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that like the potato chip or a wood chip?

Reply #598679 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

"I also think Demopolous needs to run some kind of offence or it will back fire."

Now that's what I call critical analysis.

Reply #598682 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

They have IMO one of the most talented rosters in the history of the game (on paper). But that only gets you so far.

They will need to show grit and some will need to adopt the 'do all the little things mentality'. If they go in looking to be top dog the experiment will crumble.

Every championship team from the previous decade has probably had 2 or so grit guys. Who is going to put their hand up for MU?

Reply #598683 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Lost me at "I seen them"

Reply #598686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to many crack heads here

Reply #598703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Choc chip with spearmint ice cream, yum

Reply #598704 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

LV, why didn't you log in ?

Reply #598705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SJ is here. Like the old times.

Reply #598706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand if some of you don't want them to win it, but saying stupid s**t is un called for, i don't want them to win it either, but after seeing them last season i think they've fixed their problems. Thats all i was saying, i personally don't think anyone else has gotten that much better if at all.

New Zealand will be good, but it will based on how well their imports go.

Reply #598707 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Nope. Won't win it.

Reply #598710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect that the United are the Kings of old, so much potential and never deliver. Happy to be proven wrong. Perhaps the Braves of the Seabl? :)

Reply #598711 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

eggs = chickens, but don't count them until they hatch...

Reply #598712 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Nope, I'm calling it: Taipans for the title this year. Based entirely on me catching glimpses of the box scores from tonight's game while I was having my dinner. And Loughton for MVP.

Reply #598713 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

haha well i can't argue with that.

Reply #598716 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Demopoulos will indeed need to run some kind of offense...

Reply #598784 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Will be better if his players do it.

Reply #598789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK OK, I may have jumped the gun a bit, again i was basing it on what I've seen and what i seen last season.

Good Luck to everyones teams.

Reply #598836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754