Isaac
Years ago

Lightning sign Brook, Elsworthy, McKay, Nagy, Hunter

MAC Adelaide Lightning have contracted four more South Australians and a locally-based international for the club's WNBL "rebuild campaign" of 2016-17.

Norwood Premier League championship-winner Chelsea Brook, North backcourt pair Sarah Elsworthy and Shannon McKay, South shooting guard Ieva Nagy and Sturt’s New Zealand Tall Ferns playmaker Jordan Hunter all have been secured for the forthcoming season.

Hunter was signed by the Sabres after the aspirations of Lightning-bound point guard Dani Angley were cruelled by an ACL tear during the Premier League season.

The quintet join four-time Olympian Laura Hodges and fellow South Aussies Alex Ciabattoni and Jess Good, along with imports Samantha Logic and Colleen Planeta, plus centre recruit Tayla Roberts in coach Chris Lucas’ new-look team.
Full story

Topic #39928 | Report this topic

WNBL fan  
Years ago

Thanks for the link

Reply #598947 | Report this post

the bagwan  
Years ago

will be an interesting season - great signings by all the teams.
Perth for the title IMO

Reply #598952 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is that Boti's daughter?
I found out today that the guy I work with's niece is Chelsea Brook. So, pretty cool that she's playing for the Lightning now.

Reply #598957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the boomers will win the title.

Is cambage still signing with a Victorian club?

Reply #598960 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

"Is cambage still signing with a Victorian club?"

Basketball or night?

Reply #599179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taking a well deserved year off I heard

Reply #599189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she'll definitely be there for the season.

Season of festivals....

Reply #599193 | Report this post

WNBL fan  
Years ago

whats with Bishop's Wikipedia profile ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_Bishop

quote at end of WNBL section

" i Have moved to Adelaide Lightning in 2016/17 after i wasn't offered a contract from Canberra capitals after i joined in 2013. i hope this will be good move after a couple of injures this year."

just some random idiot editing the profile ?

Reply #599207 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754