Aussie
Years ago

NBL.tv replays?

It doesn't matter if I go into replays or schedules, the only 2 games I can watch are:
Bullets v Wildcats and Hawks v 36ers.

I can't watch:
Breakers v United
Kings v Bullets
Wildcats v Taipans
United v 36ers

Wildcats v Taipans just has a boxscore option for me and the rest have a "Watch live" box, when I click it it says error.

Bullets v Wildcats and Hawks v 36ers have a "Watch replay" box and I can watch these 2.

Any suggestions?

Topic #40044 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Wait for the replays to be available.

This was supposed to be so much better than the previous NBL TV, but it's turning out worse in several respects and I can't think of anything it actually does better.

Reply #601483 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks for that.

So it's not just me who can't watch these replays.

Reply #601489 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

The nbl told me they were having "technical difficulties" with replays. It seems strange that they can get highlight videos available but not full replays. I would have thought that full replays would be easier - less editing.

Reply #601493 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

No, it's everyone... It's a complete bollocking mess... It's clearly an issue with the vendor not doing their job properly, but have to agree that even "The Company That Shall Not Be Named" managed to get games up the night of the actual game, so it being nearly Round 2 and only having one game up is REALLY unacceptable. I hope Mr Neville, with all his talk of how awesome it is to be able to view the NBL so much better than any other season, is ripping them a new bunghole because this makes the NBL look super incompetent...

It got to the point on the weekend that I started watching a game that I knew I couldn't watch the end of Live and just paused it... Coming back to my computer and continuing watching that worked ok until I caught up to the point where I had paused it (I started watching the game maybe 1.5 quarters in and just re-wound it back to the start)

Reply #601494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, very annoying. I was looking forward to watching the Cats Taipans match on Sunday morning because i couldnt get to see it live on Saturday.

Not only was there no option to do so on the PC but when i had a look on the mobile app, it gave away the score as soon as i opened it. And no replay there either.

Emailed NBL on Sunday about it and still waiting for their response.

Reply #601496 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Anon: Do you have the latest version of the mobile App? On my Sony Android App, the Game Replays do not show the score.

Last year, the App did show the scores which was a real pain. I complained about to the NBL and I thought they'd fixed it in the current version.

Reply #601499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah ive got the latest version. When i opened the app, the score was the first thing that was shown as it was the most recent event that happened at the time. I opened it on Sunday morning.

Its not there now because other events have since taken place.

Reply #601501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

** it wasnt on the game replays tab. It was on the main home page.

Reply #601502 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Game scores on front page and the top is the worst, need to find a better way to resolve that for people who haven't watched yet..

Either have like a separate button for "score" and another one for "watch live watch replay" for each game or something.

Reply #601505 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Would using a bookmark to take you straight to the Replays page do the trick?

Reply #601511 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I was referring to the phone app, but yep on a PC would be a lot easier.

Reply #601513 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I already tweeted them about ruining scores for people, especially when they are driving people to the app, it's just common sense to not show the score, especially on live games...

It's different on the main NBL website because more often than not you are going there to get news and updates, etc, and social media you can avoid to not get scores spoiled, but when you HAVE to go to an app or a webpage to watch the games, (and this includes once the game has started, as I often start midway through a game) you DON'T want this to be the first thing that you see, it's just stupid.

They could really benefit from getting a usability designer in to just knock some common sense into them...

Reply #601525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+1 Wookie

Reply #601527 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

Straight from the horse's mouth... ~2pm, today.

NBL LIVE SUPPORT
NBL
Hey! How can I help?
ME
Hi - the replays from the weekend are not showing up. I can only see 2. Is there something wrong my end or are they not available yet?
Hello?
NBL
Unfortunately there have been some technical issues with certain games throughout the round, so these games are not yet available for streaming on demand. We are working to rectify the situation and to have them posted as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.
ME
no worries. any idea how long?
NBL
We don't currently have a timeline, however, I can assure you we are doing everything we can to have the issue resolved as quickly as possible.
ME
ok thanks.
NBL
2:05 pm
We appreciate the support!
NBL has closed the chat.
Start the chat again
POWERED BY LIVECHAT

Reply #601528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched the Perth cairns replay when I got home by clicking the watch live button. At the time it still available but by Sunday it was gone.

Interesting that the NBL said there are technical problems with replays. I signed up for the English premier league coverage on optus and they also have replay problems - not so much with timely availability but video and picture quality. It is significantly worse than their live pictures.

What is the layman explanation for why replays are so tough for streaming content

Reply #601529 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

The NBL needs to be on the front foot with this stuff - It's very basic customer communications. I shouldn't have to contact live support to get these answers days after the fact as it should be posted as close as possible to where the replays would be.

Re technical issues - someone must have really stuffed up. They should have just left the live streams alone to rewatch and just move the links into replays. Nothing tricky about it. NBA League pass doesn't have a separate section for the replays, you just go back a day or 2 and so on to rewatch the game from the same source.

Totally agree with teh scores. Again, NBA league pass has a globla scores ON/OFF toggle when you're logged in. Why are they not just doing what the best league on the planet is doing? Why make it hard for themselves.

Otherwise, the streams have been good, and being a Brisbane fan really happy with the game outcomes :)

Reply #601530 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I emailed them over a week ago and still haven't heard back.

Reply #601531 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah, some of this stuff seems so basic and yet they get it so wrong.

AFL doesnt have a scores on/off option, neither does NBL. I would've thought this would be the first thing built in!

Reply #601533 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

OKC,

The Live Chat on nbl.tv is useless. For me the streams worked almost perfectly on my PC yet as soon as I plug in my VGA cable to watch it on my TV the stream immediately stops and goes to a page telling me to 'download the app'.

Every other stream I've ever watched the free unofficial NBL & NBA streams, Netflix, Stan, Presto you name it no problem with watching them on my TV yet the NBL TV's website shits itself. Unplug the VGA cable refresh the stream and works normally again.

The clowns on Live Chat told me to buy Chromecast or Apple TV, uh no. Every other stream works fine when connecting it to my TV, there's is the only one that doesn't and yet they tell me I need to buy other products to do what every other streaming service does normally and I'm paying for this too. Great advice.

I haven't fired off an email to the NBL yet because I knew with such a dodgy set up they would probably be getting bombarded with complaints so I'll give it a bit of time and if they still haven't fixed it up I cancel my sub and go back to watching the free unofficial streams that actually work.

Reply #601543 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If you'd like to join us in the 21st century, you'd stop having that problem.

Reply #601553 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, common sense doesn't seem to be in abundance over at NBL HQ, as they've dropped the ball on some pretty simple stuff... If they can't see that for themselves, they need to get a professional in to explain it to them... Learn from the best leagues around the world (global show/hide scores I thought would have been obvious) and then do your best to get close to them... A lot of the things that make a big difference are a collection of small things that aren't hard to do, but really enhance the user experience, NOT make it shit...

Even just doing some testing, getting some people in to give things a run through and see where it falls over... It's really NOT that hard for someone who actually knows how to do it, instead of someone going "I made a website at school" and thinks that they can do it professionally...

Reply #601573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz: "If you'd like to join us in the 21st century, you'd stop having that problem."

Like paying a third party vendor for the privilege of using the general purpose functionality of your computer?

Reply #601786 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Like having a screen resolution higher than 640x480.

Reply #601791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bordering on unwatchable tonight on the PC and mobile. Pathetic.

Reply #601892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz: "Like having a screen resolution higher than 640x480."

Zodiac wrote 'vga cable', not 'vga resolution'. It would be a rare TV to have a VGA port, and limited to 640 x 480 resolution.

This is a software issue being described. I may have observed the same behavior moving a browser window between monitors of different resolutions. The stream just went blank. Restarting the session within that screen worked fine though.

Reply #601928 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

AFAIK VGA cables only carry a picture at VGA res. The issue he's describing is definitely one caused by a low screen resolution though.

Reply #601930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your afaik needs to join us in the 21st century

Reply #601931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz: "AFAIK VGA cables only carry a picture at VGA res. The issue he's describing is definitely one caused by a low screen resolution though."

No, definitely not the case.

Going OT here - Analogue video loses quality at higher signalling rates, though this is dependent on the cable quality, as well as the transmitter / receiver pair.

I use old displays in my server rack at 1280 x 1024 with cheapo VGA cables. Others are using 2048 x 1536 with standard compliant cables (more expensive). Some 1080p TVs do not support full resolution through the VGA port, though that is due to some TVs implementation, not a limit of the video signal.

The VGA term is misleading here, as it refers to the old 640 x 480 video mode, though it is also the common name for the 75 Ohm analogue RGB video transmission line.

Reply #601932 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Well, the problem Zodiac is experiencing is caused by having a low resolution. So my guess would be it's related to the VGA cable output being too low-res.

If it is indeed capable of higher resolutions, perhaps increasing that will solve his problem.

Reply #601933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Res may be an issue, but I have seen similar problems just from adding a monitor to a live session as well.

Some systems behave better with all screens active at boot time, and commencing any browser sessions form within the required screen.

Reply #601934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol at using VGA in 2016

Reply #601965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah lol I upped to SVGA like 3 years ago AND got a soundblaster card #winning

Reply #601968 | Report this post

Debre  
Years ago

Is anyone able to stream replays in HD? The max bitrate I can select is 1900kbps. Live streams are great at 4000+kpbs but the replays look like garbage. This is really ruining the NBL season for me

Reply #602597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:57 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754