Rt
Years ago

36ers schedule

Looking at the 16/17 schedule I just realised that there are four Saturday home games starting at 5pm. If I had realised this before I paid for my season tickets I might have reconsidered as playing sport on Saturdays makes it impossible to get there on time. Also must be hard for people working Saturdays. I think this is a bad move by the Nbl as it will stop a lot of people attending.

Topic #40057 | Report this topic

Andy  
Years ago

The 12th & 19th November games are going to be at 7.30 pm.
I had this confirmed by sixers management, as originally the NBL scheduled these games at 5pm for TV reasons, but the 5pm Lightning games on those dates could not easily be moved (Perth & Bendigo).
I have twice emailed NBL to re-issue schedules but still waiting.

Reply #601711 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Is a strange tipoff time. Done for TV to have saturday night double headers presumably?

Reply #601712 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings seem to also all be at 5pm. I think it's more "family friendly" @ that time, but yeah, obviously it's going to make like difficult for those who don't work the regular mon-fri business week.

Reply #601713 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

The NBL wanted TV double headers with the Sixers playing the early game 5pm, but the Lightning were also playing on TSA at 5pm.
Alternative flights & accommodation could not be arranged for Perth and Bendigo ( to comply with playing at 7pm), so the Sixers games have been moved back. Not sure if the Melbourne & Sydney HOME games on those dates have been moved to 5pm.

Reply #601719 | Report this post

JamesJohn  
Years ago

so you play sport on Saturday and you cant make the game? or are you saying Saturday sporting events are hard to attend?

Reply #601724 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

JamesJohn - I think RT meant it's hard to get from sporting commitments, but with SA having so many jobs in the service economy a lot of people will find attending at these times difficult.

My partner and I have been season ticket holders for over ten years, but due to her working and I coaching we can't make 5pm games (or we get there at half time). I understand why the NBL went down this path though, they are focusing on growing the revenue pie via television and streaming eyeballs, and I applaud them for their efforts. But it does suck for long time customers in my position missing multiple games.

Adelaide United often play games at 5pm and seem to do okay with attendance, so hopefully whatever numbers fall off due to the earlier start can be recovered with families or those who prefer earlier starts (I hope there is some out there).

Reply #601727 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

UPDATE

This may be not what Rt wants to hear.

I have received new info from the 36ers management which cancels what I previously reported here. (which was direct from 36ers).

The 36ers WILL play at 5pm on 12th & 19th Nov, and the Lightning WILL play immediately after - at 7.30pm.

There is an updated Fixture/Schedule for WNBL games on the WNBL site showing the changes for the Lightning games.

Below is from 36ers management -
"I received the following instruction yesterday afternoon regarding the confusion surrounding Lightning and 36ers games"

"Just so EVERYONE is across it. Below are the CONFIRMED tip off times for the Adelaide Lightning for the rest of this season at home. DH denotes a double header with the 36ers."

"·         4:30pm Lightning Tip Off = 36ers 7pm Tip Off
·         7:30pm Lightning Tip Off = 36ers 5pm Tip Off

21 October - 4:30pm (DH)
12 November – 7:30pm (DH)
19 November – 7:30pm (DH)
3 December - 4:30pm (DH)
9 December - 7:30pm
16 December - 4:30pm (DH)
29 December - 7:30pm
12 January – 4:30pm (DH)
21 January – 5:00pm (DH)
27 January – 7:30pm
3 February – 7:30pm
10 February – 7:30pm "

Reply #603003 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754