Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St;
Suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

Walter
Last year

Matt McQuade

I notice MM at the Kings v Cairns game sitting at the table alongside guys from the media outlets.

Is he still working for the Kings or for the NBL?

Report this topic

Keen observer
Last year
11:41 16 Oct 16

Reply #602245

re: Matt McQuade

He called some of the ABC didn't he?

Report this post

Walter
Last year
16:31 16 Oct 16

Reply #602301

I saw the press conference after the Kings win over cairns and notice hearing his voice asking gaze and cadee all the questions.

Maybe he's freelancing.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
21:34 16 Oct 16

Reply #602473

He was told his services wasn't needed anymore by Kings new management as part of the staff cleanout
but still hangs around on game night. He's hoping to be back involved in some capacity within the media.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
21:53 16 Oct 16

Reply #602478

Still hangs around on game night after being given the heave ho? I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or just think he's being pathetic.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
23:09 16 Oct 16

Reply #602507

Do the Kings still do Kings Radio? If not, and that is the reason he no longer works for them, not sure why you think that is pathetic.

Report this post

proud
Last year
00:04 17 Oct 16

Reply #602519

I think the NBL should hire him and Liam Santamaria to do some sort of round review type show or maybe even something with the classics.

I like his work a lot and think he is a commodity that should be used more somehow,

Oh wait can he be court side announcer, that Kings announcer is ridiculously bad
WHO'S Ball? Fuck off mate!

Good luck Matt and I hope you can stay around a lot more on our NBL screens, he is way better than Steve Carfino as a play by play caller

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
08:42 17 Oct 16

Reply #602529

So he hangs around at a workplace that fired him and you can't see anything sad about that? You must be some David Brent type character.

Report this post

AngusH
Last year
09:49 17 Oct 16

Reply #602537

Well there's also the fact that he's a Kings fan, so maybe he, oh I don't know, actually enjoys watching the games?

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
09:54 17 Oct 16

Reply #602538

If he's a fan, maybe sit with the fans instead of pretending he's employed when he isn't?

I know that's hard for a very limited brain like yours to understand AngusH, but just give it a shot would ya.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
10:03 17 Oct 16

Reply #602540

Haha Anon you sad sack give it a rest. He can sit where he likes, same as ex-players who weren't signed. If they are given the chance to sit courtside you would be stupid, or have a limited brain like yours, to reject that offer.

Also he has been calling some games. He called the 36ers game yesterday?

Report this post

AngusH
Last year
10:07 17 Oct 16

Reply #602541

I doubt very much he's "pretending" to be employed, although maybe I should just leave my seats next game and go sit at the scorers table and see if anyone notices?

Report this post

Kingpodge
Last year
10:50 17 Oct 16

Reply #602544

People have said, that he may have been involved in the Kennedy assassination... and that he may be a part time interpretive modern jazz dancer..

Report this post

Tiger22
Last year
10:53 17 Oct 16

Reply #602545

So, a guys is employed by the NBL to commentate on the league produced broadcast, still writes for the Kings website, is seen to be "hanging around" and you think he's pathetic? You Mr Anonymous are actually the pathetic and clearly envious one!!!

Report this post

Matt McQuade
Last year
10:56 17 Oct 16

Reply #602546

I wasn't going to respond to this, but Isaac suggested I should, so here I am.

The anon poster (602473) who said:

"He was told his services wasn't needed anymore by Kings new management as part of the staff cleanout
but still hangs around on game night. He's hoping to be back involved in some capacity within the media."

That is utterly, blatantly false. I have done a lot of media-related work for many years for the team, as many would know, and as I have done for the league as a whole, including this preseason, but to say "his services wasn't (sic) required" is an absolute lie. No one in the organisation has ever said that to me - in fact I'm still involved heavily with the team. Email Jeff Van Groningen and ask him. Yes, Kings Radio is not going ahead this season, but I'm doing some writing for the team, including on game nights, and helping out with the media conferences.

If you anonymous keyboard warriors want to take shots at my commentary or my writing, that's fine. But I'd think very carefully about making statements that are on the edge of character defamation - or more importantly, writing stuff that is an outright lie. I've already flagged this with Isaac.

Report this post

Double Clutch
Last year
10:59 17 Oct 16

Reply #602547

Seeming as you are reading this thread Matt wanted to say keep up the good work. Love your commentary during the pre-season games I saw.

Report this post

Matt McQuade
Last year
11:03 17 Oct 16

Reply #602548

Thanks Double Clutch, much appreciated. Loved doing all 15 games in Brisbane. Liam Santamaria did a phenomenal job as did Tommy Greer. Great to still be involved with the league, considering where it's headed. Exciting times.

Report this post

cavolo
Last year
11:10 17 Oct 16

Reply #602549

Ditto Double Clutch! As a fan of basketball and desirous to see the game itself and the commercial element of it continue to flourish again here in Australia, thank you for your paid and unpaid efforts over the years Matt in helping the game through your media work.

Your professionalism is outstanding - keep up the great work! :)

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
11:20 17 Oct 16

Reply #602553

Rest assured MM there are lots of keyboard warriors here and most have no understanding of the game nor what you have done in your career for the NBL and the Kings Keep up the good work.

Report this post

Wookiee
Last year
11:22 17 Oct 16

Reply #602554

Excellent work putting anon keyboard warriors back in their place... Not sure why it was anyone else's business, but they're mental if they haven't noticed all the great things that Matt has contributed to the league as a whole but especially the Kings...

Sign me up to the petition to get him more broadcast time...

Report this post

LC
Last year
11:31 17 Oct 16

Reply #602556

Well said Matt.
Keep up the great work.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
11:48 17 Oct 16

Reply #602564

Ditto to above mate. I would hope it's your decision not to be calling other games this year because your work at the ABC was top notch.

Is Liam Santamaria involved in some capacity? I loved his work on the call too, and Greer also.

Report this post

Matt McQuade
Last year
12:38 17 Oct 16

Reply #602585

Definitely not my decision to not call any games this year. Would love to be doing it, but just biding my time and waiting for an opportunity. Liam is calling games in Melbourne (and doing a hell of a job) for EON Sports Radio, so I'm thankful that at least one of us is still involved in that capacity. Plus Tommy is a really solid pickup as an analyst for the TV games and continues to improve.

And thanks for all the positive posts, they are greatly appreciated.

Report this post

Kingpodge
Last year

Reply #602587

#IStandWithMatt

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year

Reply #602589

#MattLivesMatter

Report this post

Luuuc
Last year
12:41 17 Oct 16

Reply #602590

#JeSuisMatt

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
12:43 17 Oct 16

Reply #602591

#MakeMcQuadeGreatAgain

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
12:44 17 Oct 16

Reply #602592

#DicksOutForMcQuade

Report this post

AngusH
Last year
13:46 17 Oct 16

Reply #602610

Sad to see someone with nothing better to do than just peddle crap on an online forum, especially in the form of personal attacks.

Report this post

Tom Read
Last year
22:03 17 Oct 16

Reply #602675

Appalling character assassination on this thread. Matt is a great guy, hard worker & still a valuable member of the Sydney Kings & NBL media community.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
22:38 17 Oct 16

Reply #602681

Good work Matt, don't listen to the haters

Report this post

Maxymoo
Last year
09:33 18 Oct 16

Reply #602693

I note you didn't debunk the interpretative jazz dance allegation?

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
09:56 18 Oct 16

Reply #602695

LOL. A lot of peeps shouting self-righteous nonsense here. You all need to chill

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
09:56 18 Oct 16

Reply #602696

LOL. A lot of peeps shouting self-righteous nonsense here. You all need to chill

Report this post

AngusH
Last year
10:14 18 Oct 16

Reply #602698

Uhhh no, sorry. You crossed the line and are being rightfully called out on it.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Rhea 67

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 am, Fri 26 May 2017 | Posts: 655,271 | Last 7 days: 693