Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St;
Suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

Zodiac
Last year

Gaze, Blake: Kevin Lisch NBA ready

With his potent shooting from the perimeter, Gaze says the veteran guard has all the attributes to thrive in America.

"I hope Kevin still aspires to do that (NBA), because he has the ability," Gaze told The Daily Telegraph.

“Sometimes you can say there are a few worse players running around in the NBA compared to player X in the NBL. In Kevin's case, there are many players that do not have the skills of Kevin Lisch running around in an NBA jersey make no mistake about that.

Talk to Blake, though, and the former Los Angeles Lakers playmaker insists Lisch could make it in the US.

“Kevin is a great talent,” Blake said.

“He has a great basketball mind and understands the game really well and I think he could pretty much translate his game anywhere.

“He has a great shot and that can probably be one of the biggest challenges for most guys going to the States.

“How you transition to the further three can be tough, but I think Kevin can do it. We’ve seen him take some NBA threes in games here.

“And as far as understanding the game, making reads and just being a competitor on both ends of the floor, Kevin is definitely a really good player.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/sydney-kings-star-kevin-lisch-gets-nba-seal-of-approval-from-andrew-gaze-steve-blake/news-story/4ece0b798c01935172f584a876713fd5

Report this topic

ROFLcopter
Last year
21:51 15 Nov 16

Reply #608151

re: Gaze, Blake: Kevin Lisch NBA ready

Gazey does love to add a bit of mayo.

Report this post

Baller#3
Last year
22:00 15 Nov 16

Reply #608156

I tell you what i'm sick of this funny business...

Did you see the bloke in the Olympics? I'm not knocking his skill, but come off it!

Report this post

FreeThrows
Last year
22:24 15 Nov 16

Reply #608158

^ My thought, exactly.

Report this post

Nonanon
Last year
23:05 15 Nov 16

Reply #608166

Blake didn't "insist" anything. Blake was asked if he thought Lisch could play in the NBA and he answered diplomatically.

Report this post

Bol Bol
Last year
23:09 15 Nov 16

Reply #608168

Yeah he seemed to be out of his depth at the Olympics and lacked any confidence. At one point even damo was ahead of him in the rotation

Report this post

Dazz
Last year
23:30 15 Nov 16

Reply #608172

Exactly.
Lisch, at his best, is one of the best the NBL has seen. But that guy in Rio was a long way short of the other guys who were actually playing in the NBA.

Report this post

Mike
Last year
03:25 16 Nov 16

Reply #608179

I loves Kev but yeah, nah

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
07:23 16 Nov 16

Reply #608181

Hell I would have Lisch ahead of Damo anyday

Report this post

Old Mate
Last year
08:53 16 Nov 16

Reply #608189

Funny re: Gaze, Blake: Kevin Lisch NBA ready

They should be asking Lisch , can Blake make it in the NBL

Report this post

Jumpshot
Last year
09:34 16 Nov 16

Reply #608196

LOL Old Mate. My sentiments exactly.

Report this post

ME
Last year
10:54 16 Nov 16

Reply #608202

I think it's a bit unfair to judge Lisch's NBA upside on a few minutes in the Olympics where he was asked to basically play the smallest role possible. He looked pretty low on confidence, and undoubtedly the Lisch we're seeing this season is much more comfortable and confident than the one at the Olympics, and I don't think that is because of any drop of play standard. I think he has the tools for some sort of NBA role. I don't think the NBA is exactly so fantastic that he couldn't play there and do reasonably well. The only thing I see is that no one is going to take a punt on a 30 year old player who has much the same abilities as some kids coming through who are 8 years younger. He probably wont get his NBA shot but it's still worth trying.

Report this post

Luuuc
Last year
11:06 16 Nov 16

Reply #608204

No. Just no.

Great NBL player, but his game does not translate to the next level at all. He's simply too small, and does not have the quickness to compensate.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
13:04 16 Nov 16

Reply #608225

bv

Report this post

Anonymous
Last year
13:34 16 Nov 16

Reply #608228

Milos Teodosic is the next mature age international that will play in the NBA and Lisch, although he is quality unfortunately isn't NBA quality

Report this post

Insider
Last year
14:21 16 Nov 16

Reply #608235

Lisch or Delly

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Ceres 24

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Fri 26 May 2017 | Posts: 655,271 | Last 7 days: 693