Anonymous
Years ago

Petrie to knight: stay down you f'ing dog

Apparently he said that's where you belong stay down you f ING dog.

When does sledging go too far? Lack of class IMO.

This was said by the floor wiper who says check the video of you don't believe him. Anyone got a link?

Topic #40376 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the most witty or classy sledge but also no big deal. Not worth crying about.

Reply #610737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

probably too far imo, especially with an injury. Seems like one of those ones where sledging crosses the line.

Reply #610744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peach is old school. It's all good what is said on the court, no one mentioned family mothers kids etc suck it up cats fans this is sad if you're going to react to a loss like this every week.

Reply #610745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Telling someone who injures themselves to "stay down you dog" is all good because it's old school?

Reply #610747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If any Cats player came close to saying stuff like that they'd be crucified.

Reply #610748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Peach is old school. It's all good what is said on the court, no one mentioned family mothers kids etc suck it up cats fans this is sad if you're going to react to a loss like this every week."

The negative reaction to it has nothing to do with the Cats losing, even if Wildcats won by 50 everyone would still say how it was a pretty distasteful comment.

Reply #610749 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

This would have been after Knight elbowed Petrie in the face I take it?

Didn't see this alleged footage, but assuming it was said, in fairness, (1) Petrie would have no way of knowing the severity of any injury and (2) Knight has a reputation for going down like he has a career ending injury only to return minutes later as good as new.

Nothing to see here.

Reply #610753 | Report this post

Fundingsland  
Years ago

Western Australia is giving up on iron ore exports and moving to the new frontier of salt exports

Reply #610759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie is an old school thug.

Reply #610762 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

XY hit the nail on the head. Knight goes down multiple times a game. How many of you knew he'd done a serious injury within the first 5 seconds?
Earlier in the game he went down at the other end clutching his shoulder.
He had also just planted his elbow into Petrie's face... which supporters of a certain team seem to be conveniently forgetting.

Reply #610764 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

No sympathy for Knight. Soccer style diver.

Reply #610765 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

As a Wildcats fan , I have no issue with Petrie saying this. In fact I love it, good for the game and would expect our guys to stand over him and say the same if he went down. He wouldn't have know how serious it was.

Also loving the fans saying the can smell the blood and now's the time to get the Cats, they been up soon long ect ect..

Bring it. We have been winning for over 30 years , collecting championships all of the place.
Sure this might be a shit season by our measures, but no club compares to us in the last 30 years.
Not one team comes close.
Kick us while we're down... I dare you.

Reply #610788 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Petrie took the words out of my mouth.Petrie cops an elbow to his jaw and FAKER KNIGHT gets away with it.Last week he dislocates his shoulder and plays the next game this week he looks like he dislocates his hip i was waiting for him to jump of the stretcher and start walking or playing again.If he has dislocated his hip it should be season over for him and Perth.They will not make playoffs with roster there got at moment.Damm it they were paying $8 on sportsbet at start of this round not to make the playoffs.Will be getting on after this round finishes.I'm so happy now for the coach Mr DISRESPECTFUL GLEESON.Could't happen to a nicer guy.I swear he is the 4th ref out there.Gleeson calls travel the refs call travel but the best one is when he counts to five or six for time in key/lane and the refs call three sec defence violation and then the commentators say you don't see that called very often.

Reply #610789 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

He probably went a bit far by calling him a "f'ing dog". No problems with a bit of trash talking but that's a bit over the top. Knight and Petrie both play pretty hard, but Petrie is in no position to be calling anyone that...Petrie is a total thug, he's done worse.

Reply #610794 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Even though Petrie sounds like a good guy off the court I really didn't like his antics at the Blaze and thus struggled to support him with the 36ers. I felt he toned it down a bit with the 36ers but that might be my bias.

Yes, he had copped an elbow to the face from Knight earlier and Knight does go down like a senior citizen on a windy day every bloody game so likes to create a bit of drama but in saying that this is a bit too much from Petrie.

The other players probably get sick of Knight's antics but it doesn't mean he's a complete scumbag.

Reply #610796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do people not understand context.

No doubt when Petrie said this he wouldn't have known that Knight would have possibly dislocated his hip or something that serious.

Nothing to see here folks...

Reply #610798 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Even without the injury, calling someone a "f'ing dog" is a bit harsh in a basketball game.

Reply #610800 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

A bit of white line fever is nothing new for competitive athletes.
He won't win an ESPY for Sledge of the Year but it's not exactly worth getting up in arms about either.

Reply #610806 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

From the Perth thread it looks like it's only a hip flexor strain, nothing serious. So the only thing Petrie did wrong was use the wrong animal. Should have called him a "f%^&ing pussy"

Hope Knight never runs into a real wolf

Reply #610808 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lol go listen to what KG said to guys if you think that is bad.

Reply #610809 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Is that what Petrie got a Tech for ? Cos that's probably too far also.

Reply #610810 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

I don't think the sledge is necessary to an injured player and I hope Mat Knight is not badly injured BUT I do think there is a level of justice when a team that seems to flop so much and get away with it so often have a player injuring himself by flopping. For such a big strong guy who seems to have a pretty good center of gravity he seems to get knocked backwards a lot, even by little guys like Randle.

Reply #610812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Tech after Knight went down was for a delay of game on someone.

Reply #610813 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"For such a big strong guy who seems to have a pretty good center of gravity he seems to get knocked backwards a lot, even by little guys like Randle."

The alternative is stand your ground, brace, and be called for an unsportsmanlike foul.

Reply #610839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knight has been cleared of any major hip injury, is to be assessed and could travel with the team tomorrow! For a guy that a lot spectators deem 'tough' he sure isn't afraid to milk being hurt. If it was an injury, fair enough, but tough players play when hurt. He was stretchered off for goodness sake!! He should have got the tech for delay of game and not Petrie.

Reply #610846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bet this anon^ is a pip squeak small!

Reply #610847 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Knight sucks.

Reply #610848 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Should be called Matty Fright

Reply #610849 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I agree with them. Knight's a bit of a drama queen. Suck it up Princess!

(I'm not small or a pipsqueak haha)

Reply #610850 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Go back to cricket if that's the level of trash talking you're concerned with. Trash talk is part of the game. Best way to counter it is to get up & concentrate on the next play.

Reply #610858 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

'could travel with the team tomorrow'

Why am I not surprised?

Reply #610860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie is still a thug. Nothings changed.

Reply #610863 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Knight hit the floor pretty hard and looked in a lot of pain. I don't think that was just a show, what would be the point of it all. The problem is that he needs to learn how to break his fall. The last couple of times he has gone down on his shoulder his arms have been tucked into his body and his shoulders takes the full impact of his fall. It's not pretty to watch.

Reply #610871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am a pip squik and I am small. Nailed it.
However, I'm also not paid to be on the court playing and not laying around when I get hurt. There is a difference between being injured and being hurt.

Reply #610875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie is the new Russell Hinder, hasn't played a good game for 4 years, just tried to injure people.

Reply #610886 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Petrie's 23 points in 26 minutes in Adelaide a few weeks ago wasn't a good game?

Reply #610891 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If people think this is bad, you may not wanna find out what else is said during a game. This is G rated. Ohhhhh he called him a dog, damn how offensive lol

Reply #610892 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Knight hit the floor pretty hard and looked in a lot of pain. I don't think that was just a show, what would be the point of it all. The problem is that he needs to learn how to break his fall."

Knight usually tends to try to push backwards when he's going down, to stop his head hitting the floor (no doubt as a result of those concussions he kept copping a few years ago). It does make the "flop" look exaggerated, but it usually does the trick with protecting his head (I say usually, because sometimes it results in him banging into the backboard support or the baseline corporate boxes head-first, so still not ideal)
I got the impression that last night's one was more the way he fell than how hard he fell. He got tangled as he went down so he couldn't control the fall. Coordination has never been his forte!

Reply #610898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boo hoo to Knight. Throws bows and dog shots every game, has to take guys gobbing off at him when they do.

Reply #610902 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'd love to think they didn't, but I'm sure players talk shit all the time.
I remember somebody once quipping that in AFL there seemed to be two types of score, a goal, and a fuck, because the latter was the players all yelled when they missed the former.
I really think that what is said on the court, in the heat of game, needs to stay there. If he came out and said something that disrespectful in a tweet or similar, different matter.

Reply #610933 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL, that's why I like the Peach. He's the sort of guy who wraps his bacon in bacon.

If ever there was a fishing/hunting charter with him and Mika Vukona, give me a call and I'll bring the Crownies.

Oh, imagine going croc wrestling with those two. I'ld rather do that than helping little old ladies across the road with Matty Knight

Reply #610940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie is not fit to walk in Vuconas shadow. There's a big difference between a hard man and the likes of Sniper Petrie.

Reply #610945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100% right.

Reply #610958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not about talking trash, it's about giving shit to someone because they got injured. It's the lowest of the low in sports, even if the guy does flop or you despise him and his team.

Being called a dog is nothing. Telling a guy to stay down because he is injured is weak. Petrie isn't tough, he is a hack who takes cheap shots and bitches to the refs all game. He's been the dirtiest player in the league for some time now.

Reply #610973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie is the classic "love him if he's on my side, hate him if he's not" type of guy. Having said that, this alleged incident does smell of "fake tough guy"

Reply #610977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#973. Well said.

Reply #610987 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

#973 Knight wasn't injured, only hurt and there is a huge difference. It's also impossible for Petrie to know at that stage that Knight was hurt or injured. If he had said it to him while he was getting carried off you would have a valid point.

Reply #611018 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

'Western Australia is giving up on iron ore exports and moving to the new frontier of salt exports'

LMAO!

Reply #611022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course he was injured. He failed to proceed in the game. Perhaps you would like something broken, just as validity that he wasn't simply hurt??

Hurt generally means you can play. I know most NBL players play when hurt and fight through pain. I can't even believe someone would make that differentiation.
Petrie is a thug. So if he was injured on the ground that's OK? Perhaps you are a bouncer in real life.

Reply #611026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie with some more fake stuff with wortho today

Reply #611075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho would smack the shit out of the sniping Petrie.

Reply #611081 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754