Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydney v Melbourne Dec 11

It's Sunday afternoon, so Melbourne must be playing.

Top v bottom and Melbourne has travelled from one end of this dusty island continent to the other this round. One day they're battling sand, today they're battling funnel web spiders and bumper to bumper yuppies in Audis.

Sydney look the goods this season so tipping against them would be dangerous.

Sydeney by about 8

Topic #40456 | Report this topic

TimberBall  
Years ago

Standard zero atmosphere kings crowd. Must not have handed the free tickets to the loud junior clubs this week. 7000 attendance, 2000 paid, 100 knowledgeable.

Reply #612454 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Loving the banter between Casper and Lisch

Reply #612455 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Way too many sloppy t/o's by United here

Reply #612456 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Ware has turned Melb from cellar dwellers to title contenders

Reply #612459 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Lisch's hustle is second to none.
Still puzzles me why Gazey persists with Prewster in the rotation... should move Newley to 2 when Cadee rests.

Reply #612460 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Maybe the Kings just haven't slept much since Cairns? Soooooooooo lethargic.

Reply #612461 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I thought the final result would be a gimme - Melbourne losing to Perth and now without DA, Sydney on top of the ladder and on a high after knocking off Cairns away.

REALLY liking how close this league still is.

First time I've been able to watch the Bubbles/Ware pairing, a treat to watch.

Reply #612462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another underperforming game from Goulding.

Reply #612464 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Quality game by United.

Ware and CG43 opening up the floor and draw so much attention, so Majok and Williams got some lovely dunks rolling to the hoop.

Ware isn't just a high volume shooter from way outside. I've been impressed by his D, rebounding and passing too. Let's hope he keeps this up cos he seems to be the full package.

Reply #612467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classy from CG43 in his post-game interview to send his regards to the family of the young boy who died playing basketball in Perth.

I never thought I'd get distracted from Abbey Gelmi but I was touched by those words from Bubbles.

Reply #612470 | Report this post

Edward  
Years ago

@Air Delay yep, Prewster is shooting at 30% from the field. A player that shoots that bad is just not a factor

Reply #612496 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

It frustrates me to see such a star studded Kings line up, just not turn up sometimes. Newley & Lisch bring their A game every game, but some of the other 'stars' can be pretty inconsistent. What's the go there? Complacency?

I reckon some of the big names outside of Lisch & Newley need to be maybe benched or minutes cut or something, cause if these sort of lazy effort games sneak in at the back end of the season, then you're kissing a championship goodbye!

If it wasn't for Lisch &/or Newley almost single handedly getting the Kings across the line in a few games this season, the Kings could be oathe bottom of this super tight comp!

Reply #612503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea bench the big names and get who to step up?
Very disappointing to see the Kings play so insipidly. No DA, it should have been a cakewalk.

Reply #612512 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Gaze was spot on after the game - the Kings just looked fatigued. NZ aside, we've played 2 or 3 more games than most teams so far, and it showed today. A lot of shots falling short, and not a lot of hustle.

But hey, Melbourne shot the lights out, and if Ware and Goulding shoot like that, it's always going to be tough.

There was one ref tonight who I've never seen before, and talk about deer in headlights. Seemed like he needed to be consoled every time he blew the whistle, and by about the 3rd Q he looked like he wanted to sink into the floor and disappear, like when you see someone dying on stage while public speaking... super awkward.

Reply #612515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is a few kings players and one assist coach had a few too celebration drinks after the cairns win and showed today against mel utd with key players looking very lethargic.

Reply #612517 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

That would make sense!

& if people are given a chance & opportunity to step up, their energy can be infectious... just like Delany for NZ, Adnam for UTD, etc.

Reply #612527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Air D, as did Hill and Moller in the first round and neither hardly seen since. You sometimes have to change the set up to see if if changes can help when team struggling or lethargic.

Reply #612529 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Youth = Energy : )

Reply #612535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if adnam should be mentioned in a positive light. Melbourne had their worst results when he was playing minutes

Reply #612577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam can undoubtedly shoot, and that's about it.

Reply #612605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus H talking about someone else being awkward, stop it man I'm ROFL.

Reply #612629 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754