JaYBeeM
Years ago

Hello from /r/NBL

Hi everyone. In the interest of promoting the sport and coming together as a community, I'm hoping this post isn't deleted or against the forum terms. I'm one of the moderators of /r/NBL over at Reddit. We've spent the last 6 months revamping the community and have seen a tremendous growth in subscribers, no doubt due to the great season the NBL has produced this year, but also because of the features we've introduced to the subreddit. Similar to here, we have dedicated game threads which we would love to see greater support for, especially for the smaller teams.

Some of you may have already checked us out, but this is just a shout out for you to come and have a look if you haven't. We also have a Twitter account (@NBLReddit) which you're welcome to follow. It'd be great to have some of you pop over and say hi. Cheers.

Topic #40786 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the URL

Reply #622305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn that is an ugly format!

Reply #622318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

www.reddit.com/r/nbl

Reply #622321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there anything in particular that you thought was ugly about the format? The colours? The sidebar?

Is there another subreddit you can use as an example of a format you like? Feedback would be great so we can continue to make improvements. Cheers.

Reply #622324 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Clearly I'm no redditor, took me to the last post in a game thread to realise they are in reverse order.

Reply #622327 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

The format has way too much going on. I like the stats on the side tho, but it doesn't need to be so complicated.

Reply #622330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Posts are in reverse order (ie. newest first) in the game threads only, so you don't need to scroll through a wall of text when reading the latest on the game. All other threads have the most upvoted comments towards the top. You can also sort them in your own order by selecting the drop down just above the comments section.

Reply #622342 | Report this post

JasonC  
Years ago

Each to their own, but I think it looks sexy as hell.
Great work guys!

You can never please everybody but striving for that design place somewhere in the middle is the next fun task - if you want to take it on.

JasonC.

Reply #622343 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I couldn't find Dazz over there so it's a no from me.

Reply #622344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's coz Dazz would be downvoted to oblivion.

That said. I'll join if I can Dazzmania flair

Reply #622345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

> Hi everyone. In the interest of promoting the sport and coming together as a community

..... I have come here to try to poach as many of your visitors as I can

Reply #622346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you post anonymously over there? If not, then Hoops retains my patronage

Reply #622368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The layout here is so much cleaner and easier to follow, and the conversation is in correct order by time so it makes much more sense IMO.

Reply #622373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Make Reddit Great Again

Reply #622407 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

An alias is still anonymous :/

Reply #622466 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754