PH
Years ago

Replacing players in the playoffs?

Haven't given this much thought before now.

According to what Ive read in here players need to play 7 games to qualify for the play-offs?
Does that include development players?
If so does that mean the Hawks can only field 9 players?

I suppose players get injured every year I've just never paid a lot of attention to the bench.

I don't think being able to play development players would help the result any but it might allow some respite if game one gets away from them

Topic #40953 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks can reactivate Matt Flinn again lol

Reply #628572 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Why not?Matt Flinn did win the three point competition they had on members day at the start of the season,each player and coaching staff took about fifteen shots each and flinny missed only three for memory.

Reply #628595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You missed the reference.

Reply #628596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Brad Robbins come out of retirment for finals as an injury replacement for Damo? Pretty sure he retired half way through the season though so would've played enough games.

Reply #628606 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yes, he'd played enough games.

Do you actually have to get on the court, or just suit up? If the latter there should be at least one or two qualified DPs.

Reply #628607 | Report this post

Pizza Hut  
Years ago

Good Point Kobe, I hadn't thought of that.
I guess the NBL stats only record a game if minutes were played, but there would have been 12 players suited up for most games.
As an example Rhys Vague does not earn a mention but I know he suited up for a couple.

Reply #628651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754