Ballboy
Years ago

BASA CEO

Interesting to see the job advertised and in particular the wording used.

"Change Management" - usually a term used in business to signify - a shift in culture and communication, because its been badly done in the past. No argument.

"Stakeholder Relations Priority " - well if you understand that the major stakeholders are the indivdual players and the Clubs (which BASA havn't) then again they are on the right track.

But whilst it might be "catchy" to mention the wholy owned subsidiaries of the 36ers and Fellas, how could you fail to mention the major stakeholder, being the 5,000 + players in SA?

By the way, my word is that despite Boty's "scoop" a couple of weeks ago of several leading basketball aligned business types being interested, (eg Ali and Spear), that is far from the truth.

It will be interesting to see who takes on arguably the toughest business gig in SA.

I know Easter is a way off but the resurrection of BASA will not be easy.

Topic #4120 | Report this topic

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Ballboy, Are you dissecting the requirements so that you can structure your resume and aplication?

PS I hear you had great success at the Orchid Show on the weekend-- Blooming Fantastic-
I hear West U/18 Men are playing 3 games this week- Wed Sat Sun and the boys want to go to the Show.
What about first week of finals=
St Michaels Formal- great timing

Reply #47879 | Report this post

Ballboy  
Years ago

Hanging around - You are kidding, no I am not applying, that would give you the opportunity to post on me.

But given a different time (my current business committments wouldn't allow it)I certainly would consider.

I like a challenge - and the job is certainly that.

Didn't go to the Flower Show but heard it was a HUGE success with over 63 people attending, not including exhibitors.

Reply #47893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where was the job advertised?

Reply #47901 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Advertiser Sat, about page 6 or so.

I thought what was the most interesting is that a job of this type is generally filled on a "Head Hunt" basis by a recruitment firm, not a general advertisement.

Lets hope we get some good candidates.

Reply #47921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #47922 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754