jim
Years ago

VJBL coldest places to travel + coldest stadiums

hi all heading in to winter soon I was just wondering what places were the coldest to travel to on Friday nights also any particular stadiums that are freezing cold during game. Also what has been the coldest place you have played in finally I'm going to the ballarat tournament in June and wondering if it really is as cold as everyone makes it out to be granted yes I do know it is Ballarat but I mean temp wise at night and if we have early morning games

Topic #41222 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

In Ballarat, the courts can literally freeze over.

Diamond Valley and Warrandyte are freezing.

Warrnambool is an ice box.

Reply #634285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Rat. Literally the coldest place in Vic.

Reply #634287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How cold is 'cold'? Real European cold of weak Aussie cold?

Reply #634289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or

Reply #634290 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Read above!

Ballarat can and will get down to 0 overnight and is often sub 4C....

So it's like playing in a fridge. Enjoy.

Reply #634300 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Great ...lol.

My son is playing in Ballarat this Friday.

Of the suburban venues .... the one down the road from GESAC is supposed to be pretty cold.

Darebin is just dark and horrible.

Reply #634301 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Warrandyte Sports Complex or Balwyn High School Show Court. Those are the coldest I have experienced in Metropolitan Melbourne.

Reply #634337 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yup, Warrandyte up in the hills, very cold, also Ballarat, they would be my picks.

European courts are made for the conditions, I think you will find they are not so thin like our tin sheds and they need to be warmer because of the minus degrees they get in most cities, unlike here...

Reply #634388 | Report this post

The Option  
Years ago

Don"t think Warrandyte can be classed as up in the hills ???. Try the two courts in their own area at Dandy next to the beach volleyball courts, they are known to locals as the ice box.

Reply #634588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From memory Warrandyte Venom is up and around some winding roads, maybe not quite 'in the hills' but certainly not 'in the flats' either. Records indicate 50 to 100 meters above sea level, not sure how high the courts are but going there one can imagine they are climbing some hills for sure.

Reply #634634 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754