Anonymous
Years ago

Lucas Walker signs with the Perth Wildcats

http://www.wildcats.com.au/perth-wildcats/lucas-walker-signs-perth-wildcats/

I love the way the guy plays and you can't fault his work ethic but I am interested to see how both he and Greg Hire fit on the same team.

Topic #41226 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They may not be on the same team this season...

Reply #634335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some random anon told us 12 months ago that this would happen. I sure hope they reappear and remind us that is what they said.

Reply #634338 | Report this post

Dominos  
Years ago

So how many roster spots are remaining?

Let this be known of the first signing of the non-Marvin era.

Reply #634341 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Earned it but not sure how he fits unless someone else is retiring or only going with 2 imports.

Damo /Kenny
Webster/Dexter
Import/Hire
Knight/Wagstaff/Walker
Import/Brandt

This smells of something else happening.

Knight either retiring or Dexter (who completely fell out of rotation) being released?

Maybe Knight is on minutes restriction and playing backup C?

Damo/Kenny
Import/Webster/Dexter
Import/Hire
Wagstaff/Walker
Brandt/Knight

Reply #634342 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Walker just replaces Redhage and I expect Webster is instead of a cheap import.

Reply #634346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I personally would keep the 3rd import spot free as an injury replacement for knight

Reply #634347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For knight? What for? He has been medically cleared and if you say otherwise your a moron because only doctors can see the obvious... insert roll of eyes here

Reply #634348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's reasonable to have cover for Knight since he is injured every season.

Reply #634351 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

He's been training with us for a season & sits on the end of the bench in his civvies.....it's hardly the greatest shock of the century now is it?

Walker is in for Redhage.

Reply #634352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly Maxymoo. Not sure why ppl are surprised.

Reply #634354 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Let this be known of the first signing of the non-Marvin era.
Marvin hasn't left yet, and Walker was essentially signed last season.

Reply #634360 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Not sure why ppl are surprised."

Who's surprised?

Reply #634361 | Report this post

Yrie Kirving  
Years ago

I am shocked. I totally did not see this coming from 1000 miles away (for which I blame the curvature of the earth)

Reply #634362 | Report this post

Pizza Hut  
Years ago

Interesting.

I can see the argument that he's an easy replacement for Redhage, and provides depth with Wagstaff a year older and Knight one bump away from retirement.

But makes me wonder at the composition of the squad.

Reply #634368 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Did anyone say it was a shock or surprize you dimwit?

Reply #634390 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Hopefully Waxy has a good year.

Superb athlete and fierce competitor. If he can finesse his finish, he could dominate this league.

Reply #634392 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I don't mind this signing as I've always had a huge amount of respect for Waxy and the fact he is capable of being player of the week atleast once a season (I'm pretty sure he has won 2 already) and then go missing the rest of the season. He's very capable and I think he will be a good addition to the team but I wonder why he got a contract over Rhys Vague and how this is going to impact his development or is Vague plateaued in recent years?

Reply #634494 | Report this post

Love Waxy. Top bloke. Helped me with a uni assignment back in the day. There aren't very many more laconic players in the league than Waxy. He tries his guts out and has the talent but something always stopped him from reaching his potential on a consistent basis.

Wish him all the very best.

Reply #634499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:47 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754