Midrange
Years ago

Luke Surman a potential Moller 2.0?

Surman has recently quit Hawthorn after losing the passion for footy. He was a surprise selection of the 2015 draft and never made significant improvement in the football world. He played a lot of representative basketball. I wonder if NBL clubs have given him a call?

Anyone seen him play?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-15/hawks-rookie-luke-surman-quits-footy-after-losing-passion-to-play

Topic #41293 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played in the 2012 U16 Nationals in Tamworth and 2014 U18 Nationals in Canberra. Both Top age years.

Would it have been a different decision if he'd been drafted by Adelaide or Port Adelaide, where he'd have family close by?

However it's his decision to leave footy. So good luck to him in his future endeavors.

Reply #635930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is there so much live for Moller, he's done OK but hardly has NBA scouts drooling, yet seems to have had a lot of posts on this forum. At this stage looks to be a serviceable backup, hopefully for him has a breakout season, but till then why all the hype?

Reply #635945 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

No one is saying he's a star and my post isn't about the ability of Moller it's more so about another basketballer poached by footy has quit after so many being turned into football or felt it was more financial.

It's a good sign I think for Basketball Australia.

Reply #635956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, it's good to see some guys got balls to leave the afl go back to their sport. I'm sick of hearing the afl commentators every time a former basketballer gets the ball they rattle on how he was a basketballer and how good he'd have been when most of the time it's BS.

Reply #635958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is nothing in the article that says he is going back to basketball. The only thing stated was that he wanted to pursue other opportunities. I hardly see how the article is even close to a good sign for Basketball Australia.

Reply #635960 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754