Avv
Years ago

NBL.TV no longer showing Spanish ACB League?

Seems like NBL.tv's excitement at showing international basketball in the off season has been short lived.

They haven't shown the Spanish ACB league (considered the strongest domestic league in the world behind the NBA) since May 1st while the playoffs (which I recall reading in one of their emails that they would be showing these) have just started in this league with nothing at all in their schedules.

Of course I have contacted the NBL about this and got nothing back but the sound of crickets...

Topic #41323 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Could the rights have changed, meaning they couldn't re-broadcast the finals?

Reply #636595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe there was a misunderstanding with the rights holders. MP & Silva hold them and were promoting ACB heavily to Asia-Pacific broadcasters at the sports rights industry exhibition in Singapore last year. Promotion was along the lines of best domestic league in the world after NBA (which is correct) to build awareness. They wouldn't sell them to a minor website like NBL.TV.

Precedent has already been set as around two years ago Fox Sports announced they had acquired the rights to Serie A football. A month later they had to retract the announcement as MP & Silva were the rights holders, not the company Fox was dealing with. MP & Silva are in bed with beIN Sports btw.

So it seems like another mess up.

Reply #636597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754